Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Samurai

• Slammer

• Total voters

Richie

Hyper Poster
^ I didn't see Pendulus on the list! That's another one which I really like.

Martinb said:
Well it would have been Rush or Bling up until Easter, but now it has to be Hydro Max at Pleasure Island, its amazing!

Cheers for the tip Richie :p
Yeah! Hydro Max seriously is an amazing booster! The cycles long and also it goes stupidly fast!

Watch this video of it: http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u298 ... and006.flv

Watch 2:36 minutes! It really throws you around.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
^It is crazy isn't it! I've never experienced a ride where I honestly thought my legs were going to fly off. Shame about the wait though.

Get on it while you can is my advise. PI will run it like this, and it's bound to snap sooner or later! It's actually run manually, and for some, bizzaire reason the ride ops have obviously been instructed to run it that crazily every time.

Bonkers. There's no other word for it!

Richie

Hyper Poster
bezzzzzer said:
^It is crazy isn't it! I've never experienced a ride where I honestly thought my legs were going to fly off. Shame about the wait though.

Get on it while you can is my advise. PI will run it like this, and it's bound to snap sooner or later! It's actually run manually, and for some, bizzaire reason the ride ops have obviously been instructed to run it that crazily every time.

Bonkers. There's no other word for it!
Completely agree there, Bez! :p

Was there a queue when you went? For me it was completely walk on all day long! Just like every ride at the park :D

I would be very sad if the arm did snap, though! Lmao :p

Mat

Hyper Poster
I am gunna have to say Rush and Slammer.

Rush. This is a bloody amazing ride! I allways seem to get such a rush after being on this ride and I wanna go on it over and over again. This is also unique as it can't be found anywhere in the UK!

I would have said Slammer but due its **** ammount of down time and having a very bad reputation with getting stuck upside down, at the top, restraints coming loose and a very slow loading time, I dont think I should vote thios ride, although do love this ride when you have a good cycle and when it works, but it just needs to be fine tuned to work really well. This is also the only one of its kind outside of the USA.

Both these rides are an amazing and unique ride experience and I really think that thorpe should promote these two rides much more than they do now!

So yeah... Rush gets my vote!

Rita©

Roller Poster
I used to like Maelstrom... until I went on Rush 2 weeks ago.
The airtime at the top of the swing is so good! <3

Patrick

Hyper Poster
Rita© said:
I used to like Maelstrom... until I went on Rush 2 weeks ago.
The airtime at the top of the swing is so good! <3

I can't wait to go on Rush! It looks brilliant with just the lapbars. I don't think I'll like it better than Maelstrom though. Perhaps because I'm a Drayton fanboy.

sean

Mega Poster
I actually rate Maelstrom very highly and is probably my 2nd favourite flat ride on this topic list, I don't think it's too intense, but it does have an amazing sensation of it's own and is more floaty and swingy :? as opposed to intense and in your face like Pendulus is. If Pleasure Island had kept the ride program for Pendulus to a tame setting then it certainly wouldn't rate so highly in my book, it'd still be fun but it's the insanity of the PI ride program that makes it that bit special for me.
Is it possible that I rode Maelstrom on a softer program day? Does anyone else think it can be intense or does it just run on a nice floaty, swingy :? program all the time?

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
Ok here goes...
Rush wasn't nearly as airtime filled as I remembered it, but still fun with short queues.
Maelstrom was a high contender and I haven't really got much bad to say about it other than I was feeling more like voting for Rameses.
Slammer = Ouch. Rode it first time the other day and couldn't enjoy it because of the insane headrush as you are being pulled upwards backwards upside down.
Out of the better rides on the poll that I have ridden that just leaves Ripsaw.
Ripsaw is lame.
It gave me one inversion out of the whole big swinging drop. Rameses gives you about 3.
I would have voted Samurai but 1) People say there are many better top scans around so I'll try them first and 2) after Sunday I have gone off it slightly as it pained my groin bad...

Patrick

Hyper Poster
Inversionperson said:
Ok here goes...
Rush wasn't nearly as airtime filled as I remembered it, but still fun with short queues.
Maelstrom was a high contender and I haven't really got much bad to say about it other than I was feeling more like voting for Rameses.
Slammer = Ouch. Rode it first time the other day and couldn't enjoy it because of the insane headrush as you are being pulled upwards backwards upside down.
Out of the better rides on the poll that I have ridden that just leaves Ripsaw.
Ripsaw is lame.
It gave me one inversion out of the whole big swinging drop. Rameses gives you about 3.
I would have voted Samurai but 1) People say there are many better top scans around so I'll try them first and 2) after Sunday I have gone off it slightly as it pained my groin bad...

If you want a good Top Scan, Head down to Fantasy Island and try The Beast. It is brilliant.

Richie

Hyper Poster
Jake said:
^ It was brilliant.

It sucks now.
Too true. Recently it's been on THE WORST setting ever! Hopefully it's just a phase, but seriously it was running nearly as slow as Samurai at Easter. It still goes on for about 10 minutes, but without the fastness it's just boring.

Here's a video I took of it running PATHETIC:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zclLaJuE70g[/youtube]

How it used to be run when it was AMAZING:

http://themeuk.net/Fantasy_island_thebeast.html

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
What makes a top scan then? I heard you mentioned speed, but can they make the arms more 'heartlined' to provide more swing? Also is there an 'x' factor like there is with coasters???

Ooops accidentally turned this into a q+a

FastAndFurious

Mega Poster
Det is not included but since drop towers do not count I voted a tosser named Rush. :)

The only bad thing about this ride is a short cycle and I know there's a limit.

Peter

Hyper Poster
If i could choose anything it would be Tornado at Funlands. Its a KMG Freakout, and totally rocked when I went back in early 2006.

However, out of the list, it would be Rush, provided that you get a nice long cycle.

A

Anonymous

My vote has to be with Slammer.

Although Rush is still amazing, deffinately my second favourite.

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
The Beast for sure. When I went last weekend on Saturday it was running like mad! It suddenly speeded up half way through it and for a moment we hung upside down for a few seconds before suddenly flipping and flipping etc etc. Definitely the best ride I've had of it in my life so that has gone up to my Number 1 Flat. Amazing Confusion follows closely behind though. :)