Which is better?

• Samsung LE32B550A5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toshiba Regza

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AeRo

Hyper Poster
I have to agree with furie, mine is probably not what you want, because it does have way more features and power than you are ever going to need in a bedroom.

My trouble is that I am now on my third AV amplifier and so, like furie, know exactly what I am looking for. The only reason I upgraded this time, was because the BluRay player I wanted only had HDMi, which my amplifier didn't have. It could play up to 7.1, but only on analogue inputs and there were very few entry level Blu Ray players which had analogue outputs.

But yeah, way too much bang for a bedroom - hell, my upstairs neighbours dog defecated its self a few years back ... I thought noone was in, so decided to fully enjoy a movie. :oops:

BTW, I now feel unclean. I have been outed for not having a THX certified amplifier.
*searches Ebay for a THX badge*

Steven

Giga Poster
Oh btw Ollie bit of news for you get 7.1 it is the new 5.1 many new Blue Ray releases are 7.1 if you can fit it in correctly.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Pierre said:

Furie said:

AeRo said:

Jools said:
Top one looks best.

Well done! :roll: :lol:

King Goon said:
Oh btw Ollie bit of news for you get 7.1 it is the new 5.1 many new Blue Ray releases are 7.1 if you can fit it in correctly.

No it isn't. 7.1 is 7.1 5.1 is still 5.1

To take advantage of 5.1 you need to be critical int he way you lay out your speakers (plus there's all the difficulty laid out above by the three of us).

To take advantage of 7.1 you need to seriously be absolutely spot on with your speaker and seat positioning. Like, seriously spot on where you design your room around the sound system, and everything else is secondary (including living comfort).

7.1 is for serious audiophiles with a serious desire to watch films in perfection. To do so requires a huge amount of time, effort, knowledge and money - at least three of these we know Ollie is lacking in this area :)

5.1 is a great gimmick for people who want a bit more depth. So it's worth looking at if you're looking at improving your general AV experience. Very different approaches and needs satisfied by the two systems.