What's new

Which coaster should get the "Iron Horse" treatment next

The "Ultimate" at LWV should get a re-track to make it less bone crushing when you hit the wooded section. I do enjoy it's intense feeling as there is nothing else like it, but worry about the bolts, wheels etc & hope nothing comes off or breaks due to the forces around the tight corners.

Sanchezmran said:
Mean Streak would turn out to be a great RMC hybrid, since there's plenty of areas for over banked turns and such. Besides the roughness, the ride is kind of boring, which is why it needs to be improved.
Agreed! Mean Streak for sure. Needless to say it would also potentially skyrocket the ride's reputation and get its popularity back up to par.

Jason Voorhees said:
The Boss. End thread.
While The Boss is rough, it has gotten better the past several times I have been to SFStL. It needs Topper Track more than anything. The roughness is part of the experience, too. If it wasn't as rough as it is, The Boss would be trash; however, the terrain with the roughness gives a very intense ride experience that I have not experienced the likes of yet.

Re: Which coaster should get the "Iron Horse" treatment next

Just do every single wooden coaster in the world and be done with it :)

There is the UK members wanting a woody and over in the USA they are getting rid of them with this treatment.

Sorry I don't care what people say, carry out this work and they are no longer a woody.

Yes they are good coasters but they may as well be fully steal.

gopats1479 said:
Jason Voorhees said:
The Boss. End thread.
While The Boss is rough, it has gotten better the past several times I have been to SFStL. It needs Topper Track more than anything. The roughness is part of the experience, too. If it wasn't as rough as it is, The Boss would be trash; however, the terrain with the roughness gives a very intense ride experience that I have not experienced the likes of yet.
Yeah, Boss is a ride where the pain enhances the experience.

After riding both New texas Giant and iron rattler, nothing. Texas giant is fun but in the end it kinda meanders and feels really controlled and a little sterile. Rattler 1st drop and that one off the cliff are good but the rest of the ride is absolutely boring as ****.

Now if the ride were reprofiled like the horses and given topper track like glorious glorious outlaw run then ALL THE WOODIES!! except phoenix.

Re: Which coaster should get the "Iron Horse" treatment next

I just thought, if Mean Streak gets an RMC makeover, would it be renamed?

Despite the ride itself, I've always thought the name "Mean Streak" sounded pretty cool, even more so since it complements the name of its smaller sibling "Blue Streak". And after an RMC treatment, this coaster could finally be "mean" at last. So I'm rather concerned here about the name change thing.

What new name could this coaster adopt while still sounding relevant to or as cool as the current one? Any ideas?