What's new

Which Coaster "Kickstarted" Your Interest?

1999 on Big Bad Wolf, then the next day riding Grizzly and Avalanche. Then around 2008 I rediscovered them along with Boardwalk Bullet (I saw it being built February 2007) and that's when I really got hooked.

Alpengeist!!! :). Oh, I know this is completely random, but can someone please tell me how to post a new topic in a sub forum? I can't find the button to post a new topic anywhere on here!! Thanks! :)

When I was 11 or 12 a group of us went to Bem Bom Brothers in Margate (Otherwise known as dreamland) The first coaster I went on was the Scenic Railway and I hope one day to ride it again again.

It wasn't as much a single coaster as my obsession with RCT games and the amount of times I went to Disney as a child. I rode Titan @ SFOT when I was around 7, and I loved it. It really sparked something inside of me. I really wanted to go to more theme parks after that however, I moved to a place where the closest was about 5 hours away. I always had a passion for it though. I went to a few parks here and there over those next few years, mainly those near me like SFSL. I went to Universal at around 10. Hulk @ IOA was very special to me when I went there. It was the first time on a large looper, and I just went crazy for it. After that, I just went to a lot more. I started going on trips to them and just going to more of them. Cedar Point was what made me completely insane for them. That park changed my life. Those days were some of the best of my life. I was as happy as I could be. It just meant a lot to me. So, I had multiple "phases" of loving them however, I love them just as much now as ever.

I always loved watching roller coasters as a 6 year old, especially Mantis and Corkscrew at Cedar Point. Both had such large inversions, and I would sit for easily an hour watching train after train.

As for actually riding them, it was Cedar Creek Mine Ride that started my riding. From there, it was a slippery slope as I kept riding taller and faster roller coasters.

oh do I have a story. lol. Magnum XL- 200 in 2005, around 12 years old. 2005 was my best year. 2006 I took a year off of Coasting, 2007 I found CF, but never joined. lol.

Re: Which Coaster "Kickstarted" Your Interest?

OfficialReplay said:
oh do I have a story.

Have you thought about selling the film rights?

Some travelling kiddie coaster at the Winneshiek County Fair in Decorah, Iowa. I was 3 years old and the minute we got home I ran to my room and built a model of the county fair with all my toys.

I honestly don't know. I had ridden Little Dipper at Kiddieland when I was three and always rode a nearby indoor Wisdom Dragon Wagon that I fell in love with, but I hadn't ridden any coasters from 2007 until 2011 when I went to SFGAm for the first time. I think American Eagle was what set off my interest but I can't be certain.

For me the Revolution or Big Dipper at Blackpool during a day trip as a kid. I just wanted to ride more and more.

My names Phil and i'm a coasterholic :)

Re: Which Coaster "Kickstarted" Your Interest?

X Flight at SFGAm. People say its forceless. Final helix on outer right wing is INTENSE!

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk