What's new

Where to stay over at Six Flags Great Adventure

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Hey
I'm trying to sort a trip out next year and cannot find anywhere to stay over for Six Flags Great Adventure within walking distance. The closest and most reasonable I can find is almost half an hour drive away.

Just though I'd ask incase anyone can recommend or let me know of anywhere that they know of.

Cheers

davidm

Strata Poster
Don't think that are any (not walking distance anyway).

I've stayed in Bordentown a couple of times (thats the 1/2hr drive)

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Well, in most cases, Six Flags parks are quite a distance from any hotels. It's either that, or the hotels are directly across the street, or are on site.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
We stayed at a Hampton INN in East Windsor, New Jersey. It is 22 minutes from the park and it isn't a bad drive at all. It was a pretty nice hotel we stayed there twice.

Chris Coasters said:
We stayed at a Hampton INN in East Windsor, New Jersey. It is 22 minutes from the park and it isn't a bad drive at all. It was a pretty nice hotel we stayed there twice.

pretty sure this was where I stayed too, just go on kayak and put in your dates and location and you can view a map of all the local hotels

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
GuyWithAStick said:
Well, in most cases, Six Flags parks are quite a distance from any hotels. It's either that, or the hotels are directly across the street, or are on site.

So you pretty much covered all the bases there huh?

To the OP. I ran a quick Travelocity search for Great Adventure and the closest hotel is about 8 miles away....and I believe it. Its been 4+ years since I was up there, but I remember a lot of nothing in between the turnpike and the park.

Maybe there is a private B&B closer?

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Thanks everybody. Think I'll go for the Hampton Inn. Seems not too far away and doesn't look too shabby.

Got a similar issue with Six Flags New England and Six Flags America too, but found some no more than a 20 minutes drive away so should be good. I was just surprised that there wasn't anything closer!

Thanks again!

for SFNE I stayed in Americas Best Value Inn-Wethersfield/Hartford, which was nicely located between lake compounce and sfne (if making the trip I'd highly recommend checking out Lake compounce for Boulder dash.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
For SFA, I stayed at a Radisson not too far away- 10 minutes at most. It was really nice.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Not that I've used it, but apparently there's a direct bus that takes around an hour or so.

bmac

Giga Poster
gavin said:
^ Not that I've used it, but apparently there's a direct bus that takes around an hour or so.

Can confirm it takes about 1.5-2 hours but since it takes major highways it will probably take even longer, so get on the bus before 7:30 to be somewhat safe if you want to make it by opening.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Ben said:
My advice for SFA is don't go, run far away, and that way you won't get shot.
I've been SFA 3 times, would you believe.

It's not as bad as people say though - SFOG is waaaaaay, way more ghetto, it just happens to have decent rides. Season passes are dirty cheap at SFA that's why I keep going.

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster
Joey said:
Ben said:
My advice for SFA is don't go, run far away, and that way you won't get shot.
It's not as bad as people say though

It's an ok park with a decent ride lineup but not a great one. The park was clean and the landscape was well maintained when I visited. But the park could definitely do better.