What's new

When the queue is better than the ride...

Colossus at Thorpe. The queue has some great interaction with the ride and is pretty scenic (for Thorpe) with it's overgrown plants and themed tunnels. It's nothing mind blowing, but with the amazing soundtrack ontop, I think it's one of the better queues Thorpe has. Considering the ride itself is a piece of trash, yeah the queue is genuinely better than the ride.

MIght as well add Loopen at TusenFryd too. The queue is nothing special. Boring, even. But the ride is awful, so all in all the queue is the better experience of the two. At least you're not being concussed while waiting for the ride.

In a more serious vein, Escape from Gringotts at Universal Studios Florida really blew me away. Walking through that hall was like stepping into the bank from the films. Great use of animatronics, and the queue kept delivering from there on. The ride was pretty good too, but the queue left really good impressions. I could say the same about Dragon Challenge and HP and the Forbidden Journey. Universal surely knows how to make people wait.

Raptor Attack at Lightwater Valley, awesome queue for a crappy wildcat in a shed, even the exit is better than the ride! Still love it though!

Jarrett said:
Gotta give this to Jaguar at KBF. You walk through a dark, dank Aztec temple complete with decorations and statues and outdoor theming. And what's at the end? A somewhat rattle family coaster that goes on way longer than it needs to.

Batman clones are serious offenders here as well. Cool theming leading up to the ride, pretty average and generic B&Ms that don't do much at the end.
I've never seen any theming in batman queues.. :p