What's new

What Song Was At Number 1 (UK) when you were born?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ I actually brought it. And the Sing The Blues album :oops:

mrclam

Giga Poster
I already knew mine - classic 70s pop:

Artist: Four Seasons
Song: December '63 (Oh, What A Night)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Vadge said:
Mine's Relax by Frankie goes to Hollywood. Could be worse, I guess.

Yes, I'd like to echo the cries of "Holy Crap!" in realising just how bloody young you all are, and how I actually own half the records that you're listing - Including 'Do the Bartman' :D Argh!

Yeah Vadge - cheers. I own Relax! :lol:

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Mine was The Flying Pickets - Only You! I used to listen to that on vinyl when I was about 4, being babysat by my nan. Its actually quite a cool song, so it could be a lot worse.

The Claw

Hyper Poster
^ Talk about getting Rick-Rolled!

Clash - Should I Stay Or Should I Go. The last day it was number 1 too. I just missed out on Do The Bartman too LOL.

the_missus

Mega Poster
Jesus bloody Christ!!! Know how to make me feel old!! Goddamnit, I remember that being at number 1, I loved the song for the first few weeks and then it even tested my OCD!!

Damn.....feel like such an old fart.....that on top of my body falling apart on me...wahey.

Anywhoo enough of my bitching! My song is Two Tribes by Frankie Goes to Hollywood...I don't recognise the title but would probably know the song...I'm very thick when it comes to music!

From a very old, grumpy, decaying old-fart

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Two Tribes - much better than the more famous Relax. Possibly even better than Welcome to the Pleasure Dome, but not the 12" version. 12" version of Two Tribes was absolutely superb!

Relax is pants, I hate it!

Yeah, I was 11 when it came out :roll: