• Small (tight and compact)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Large (spread out)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

A-Kid

Giga Poster
what scale of ride do you prefer.

- Small scale as like nemesis, black mamba ect... very tight and small.

- large scale as like Alpengist, montu ect... spread out and normaly high.

Jake

Strata Poster
It depends on the forces and feeling of speed.

For example, Balder is generally known to be better than Colossos because it's hills are small and compact, making then more forceful.

However, some compact coasters are rough, uncomfortable and have no feeling of speed whatsoever, like some Eurofighters.

A

Anonymous

It depends really you could have both good rides on both scales but I prefer compact out of them because I love head choppers/leg choppers!

Even though more compact coasters are usually more intense, I think I'd prefer more spread out coasters due to the fact that you can usually do more with them, and they're also intense. Not to mention the fact that usually if you have more space, you can make the coaster higher.

But, it depends on what your idea of spread out is. I mean, I'm thinking something like Mantis would be somewhat spread out, and things like S:RoS and Millennium Force would be very spread out.

Either one can be good. It's hard to choose, but out of my top 4 coasters, 3 are very spread out, so I'm going to go with that.

Snoo

The Legend
Jake said:
It depends on the forces and feeling of speed.

For example, Balder is generally known to be better than Colossos because it's hills are small and compact, making then more forceful.

However, some compact coasters are rough, uncomfortable and have no feeling of speed whatsoever, like some Eurofighters.

There ya go.

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
Depends, compact has feeling of rushing past track, sparse has feeling of rushing past trees. I'm gonna go with compact as I like that spaghetti some coasters have.

EDIT spaghetti image

Tony

Hyper Poster
Large and spread out.

I love Nemesis but I would much rather ride Katun and Alpenguist and larger coasters are usually longer, faster and higher.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Comes down to what the layout has to offer.

A General rule for good coasters seems to be airtime = large, loops/intense = small

FastAndFurious

Mega Poster
I don't really like compact coasters except for some inverted terrain coasters such as Nemesis. Most of compact coasters are small and slow with fancy inversions.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Not ridden enough spread out coasters to know.

I used to think i'd prefer tighter ones. I think that was just me being patriotic.

Now i'm inclinded to say spread out. But that's just me being defiant.

Tight coasters, i would think by general rule, are more intense and have a greater illusion of speed if done properly. Bigger ones are more fun from my limited experiance and hold an awe with size for me still. By illusion of speed i mean the feeling that coasters like Megafobia and Nemesis have.

Saying that, Ultimate has that feeling in the second half, so what the hell do i know. Probably nothing.

A

Anonymous

Large. The only truly "small" coasters i loved were nemesis and mummy.

my top ten in no order

Toro (medium scale)
Alpengeist (large)
Dragster (large)
Nemesis (small)
Hulk (large)
SheiKra (medium/large)
Mummy (small)
Apollo's Chariot (large)
Comet (Lake George) (medium)
Lightning Racer (large)

ps. 300th post! go me!

Ben

CF Legend
I dunno, because they both have their place...

1. Goliath- Large
2. Ultimate- Large
3. Sheikra- Large
4. Khan- Large
5. Hulk- Large
6. Mummy- Small
7. Rita- Small
8. Oblivion- Um... I guess it's Large?
9. Montu- Large
10. Everest- Large

But, then when you keep going down my list it's smaller coasters like Inferno and Winjas that I really like.

So, I guess large, but both have their own spot.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
1. Steel Dragon 2000 (f@#king massive)
2. Pyrenees (large)
3. Fujiyama (large)
4. Eagle Fortress (I guess large....very spread out at least)
5. Atlantis Adventure (small)
6. Dodonpa (large)
7. Hollywood Dream (medium/small)
8. Nemesis (medium/small)
9. Thunder Dolphin(large)
10. Gravity Max (medium/small)

So, I guess that makes me a fan of the larger, more spread out coasters. Small and compact can be great, especially if they're well themed, but I love the "epic" feel of the really big coasters.