What's new

What parks are you visiting this halloween?

Ben said:
Knott's but not Magic?!?!?!?! Silver Bullet and not X2!!???!?!?!?!?

You make baby Jesus cry.

It's for Halloween! I can go whenever and go to Magic Mountain and get on coasters, but whether I can get back to California for Halloween is another issue. Especially, because if I get the chance, I'd rather go to different places and explore. That's my logic!

I reckon Knott's event looks better than Six Flags. But my God I would love to get on X2.

Gonna get some young blood at my local playground park this Halloween.... Its so easy... a day when all kids are readily available.... and they're in costumes.... role play!

bezzzzzer said:
Ben said:
Knott's but not Magic?!?!?!?! Silver Bullet and not X2!!???!?!?!?!?

You make baby Jesus cry.

It's for Halloween! I can go whenever and go to Magic Mountain and get on coasters, but whether I can get back to California for Halloween is another issue. Especially, because if I get the chance, I'd rather go to different places and explore. That's my logic!

I reckon Knott's event looks better than Six Flags. But my God I would love to get on X2.

... no, really, go to Magic Mountain!

None for me :( .

I was thinking of going back to London for a couple of days and do Thorpe but that never happened.

I'm not doing any.

babyjesus.jpg

bezzzzzer said:
I reckon Knott's event looks better than Six Flags.
Dude, you really have no idea. Knotts Berry Farm SUCKS. Six Flags Magic Mountain really is a fantastic park.

Going to Alton Towers for the 29th/30th/31st for Halloween. 1 Night in main hotel and 1 in Splash Landings. For the night in the main hotel we have a trick or treat room :). Oh yeah, I'm also dressing up as a Ghostbuster.

bezzzzzer said:
Knott's has the same haunts/mazes as all the other Cedar Fair parks that we've done time & again, so it was a waste of time for the kid & myself. SFMM doesn't offer as much as far as haunts are concerned, but there's still plenty to do, the coasters can't be beat & it's the only time you can ride Colossus backwards!

NoChrisOnlyZuul said:
bezzzzzer said:
Dude, you really have no idea how right you are. Knotts Berry Farm is a great park that has seen better days, with some good coasters and a lot of great stuff aside from them. Six Flags Magic Mountain really is a crap park that used to be great, now it only has some fantastic coasters and nothing else worth mentioning besides that.

That looks more accurate now.

Your Milage May Vary, of course.

rollermonkey said:
NoChrisOnlyZuul said:
bezzzzzer said:
Dude, you really have no idea how right you are. Knotts Berry Farm is a great park that has seen better days, with some good coasters and a lot of great stuff aside from them. Six Flags Magic Mountain really is a crap park that used to be great, now it only has some fantastic coasters and nothing else worth mentioning besides that.

Are you on crack?

In short, none.

Never been to a halloween haunt, even outside of the parks. Parents just hate them, lousy religious types...

Scarefest started Saturday, and looks much better than last year, Towers Street is all decorated and there is much better attention to detail. I like the skeletons trapped on the wire around Oblivion's hole.

I hope they send the skeletons in explorer gear round on the rapids like last year, that was a very cool touch, and I hope the same lighting effects are used. Nemesis' helix in red and the lift with tiny lanterns below it, Air's first drop pitch black, the fly-to-lie bathed in blue-green light...the effects were amazing, hopefully Rita will be open this time, get a good look at SW6 and I want to see what it is like at night.

Just a shame Haunted Hollow isn't Live this year. That was my favourite bit, even if having to go through it lots of times because the skyride was closed was annoying.
Have AT said why it isn't on? Or is it just the scallies that ruined it last year by jumping people that forced them to stop it.

Ben said:
rollermonkey said:
NoChrisOnlyZuul said:
bezzzzzer said:

Are you on crack?

Nope.

But I have been to KBF many times. Rode Wacky Soapbox Racers, Windjammer and Excelerator. It has some amazingly cool stuff like the mine train and the flume, both unique and wonderful. There's also newer stuff to show that they do make changes.

I've been to Magic Mountain even more than I have Knott's. It used to be a fantastic park with a huge variety of things for everyone. Sit down restaraunts with waiters and far more than just burgers and fries. Original attractions and theming. In one sense, you could simply say that there was a lot more to the place than just coasters.

Operations used to be great, too. Now, I've heard that they are better now than a couple years ago, but they are still far worse now than they were back in the 80's and early to mid-90's.

Yes, MM has amazing coasters. I've never denied that. The issue is that they are sorely lacking in nearly all other aspects.

OBTW, I am a huge 6F fan and detest CF (and what they are doing to Knott's), but that still doesn't cloud my overall opinion of those two parks.

Again, your opinion may differ, but that doesn't mean that I'm on crack.

Well first I should say I have an affinity for all things horror, so I try to get as much as I can during the Halloween season. The Halloween events I've been to are Fright Fest at SFGAm (05,06,07,08,09) and SFOG (08), Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando (07 & 08) and Haunt at Valleyfair! (06)

(I've also been to Sppoktacular at SeaWorld Orlando and Park After Dark at MOA but these are really kid aimed events so I don't count them with the others)

Halloween Horror Nights is by far the best Halloween event I've been to because of Universal's dedication to the event, not to mention the entertainment of watching people who have had far to much to drink. (Last year while in line for Reflections of Fear I saw this girl who had these absolutely ridiculously large fake eyelashes who was stumbling through the line with the aide of her friend, so when we passed her in one of the switchbacks I said something to the affect of "nice eyelashes" so her friend tapped her on the shoulder and pointed at me and I repeated it and her response was "I'm ****ed up"...Many LULZ were had)

However I will not under credit the other events I've been to, Fright Fest at SFGAm being one of the better ones despite their complete lack of a budget. Also IIRC Haunt at Valleyscare was quite enjoyable.

With all that stated sadly I will only being visiting SFGAm this Halloween season; with only 2 things really grabbing my interest; The Susan Rosen hypnotism show (which has always been the best amusement park show IMO) and "Swamp Thing" (Whizzer with some recycled Halloween props) because our mazes aren't the best (Mausoleum of Terror is not terrible but it does not change year to year, and Studio 13 changed but is actually worse) but Necropolis is always quite enjoyable as well.

Went to Scarefest in Alton Towers on sunday.

Terror of The Towers was really cool. I've not been on the other ones they've done, but apprently it's really good this year in comparison. Ed (tks) was screaming "ok I don't like this anymore!!" hahaha.

the other touches round the park were cool too. And Duel live was actually pretty awesome, there's no guns and it's abit darker, and they got a good few screams out of us.

It was petrified on Terror of the Towers :( SO much better than Thorpes Mazes. They had you stopping to avoid low ceilings and general coolness everywhere!! The atmosphere inside was amazing and it went on forever.

Duel is sooo much better without the guns. And the actors gave me a scare a few times. :D