What's new

What parks are you visiting this halloween?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
For enthusiasts, parks are the busiest during the start of the season and at Halloween. Yes, they are busy during the summer months but I've found that a lot of enthusiast avoid them due to the queues.

The atmosphere of a park changes during Halloween, mainly due to the fake cobwebs, pumpkins and (the main appeal) night riding.

Obvious statements aside, which parks are you planning to visit this Halloween and why? Perhaps give a short review of the parks you have been to.

Do you head to a park just because it's Halloween? Is it the best time of year to visit a park?

Going to Alton as I'm in the area now and never been during Halloween...

And then on actual Halloween day I'm going back home for one last pop at Chessie...

Thorpe can naff off...

Should also mention my lucky parents were in Orlando this past week so got to experience Halloween Horror Nights... :(

I've done Thorpe already, which was pretty much the same as always, but, still fun enough.

I'm basically doing all the Merlin parks - Legoland (doesn't really count though!), Thorpe again, Chessington and then Alton for three days 29-31st.

Alton's event is always my favourite. The effort just seems a bit better than at Thorpe, and it doesn't seem to get quite as horribly busy. I mean, it'll still be packed (sort of hence the three days), but, Thorpe is just Thorpe when busy.

... someone take me to HHN :(

yeah ive just done Thorpe park aswell, and it was awesome. The Asylum was the best by miles, although sev7rn was pretty cool. Saw is just amazing at night, jeez.
Ive always wanted to do Alton fright nights. Although it was my first fright night and it was amazingggg!

ALL thier rides were open aswell, and i the longest queue was 10 mins and that was for stealth.

As you all know, TusenFryd closed its gates almost a month before Halloween. It's just too cold here on this time of the year. Shame, it could have been awesome, with nightfall coming at 6 o'clock and everything.

EDIT: V *cries*...

The kid & I have been busy hitting up parks for Halloween. We've already done Disneyland, Knotts & SFMM as well as Dorney Park & Lake Compounce. This weekend we're going to Kings Dominion & Busch Gardens Williamsburg. Next weekend we're going to Knoebels & we'll wrap things up on Halloween with Phantom Fright Nights at Kennywood.
Being at Disneyland for opening day of Ghost Galaxy & the Haunted Mansion was a blast and riding Colossus (SFMM) backwards was fun too. It was the first time Aidan has ridden a coaster backwards. We also enjoyed having Dorney all to ourselves with all the haunts & rides walk-on, but the best was Lake Compounce by a country mile. Nothing beats riding Boulder Dash in pitch black & the Haunted Graveyard at Lake Compounce is by far & away the best haunt we've ever done. It takes an hour to do & is worth every second. For anyone who's into haunts, the Haunted Graveyard should be at the very top of your to-do list.

I've never done any parks before over Halloween and hopefully I will be doing some of the German parks this year. Europa and Holiday Park seem to be doing events throughout October so I'm looking forward to seeing what extras they have instore.

Ghosterforce, obviously, so Thorpe and Chessie, and for the first time this year I will be doing Alton's Scarefest, either when I'm in Telford, or with some other CFers on the 1st November. So just 3 this year :)

Just Alton for me as it's close and I couldn't really get to any others without staying over which I've already done once this year, and my family wouldn't do it again in the same year. I'm not really going just because it's Halloween, as I go probably on average every other week, but it is always great for the night riding, I'm not really into mazes or haunts, just go for the coasters at night.

I've done Thorpe but will be doing it twice more during the Fright Nights season, also doing Chessie, Walibi World and Toverland.

I'm going to SFOG, and that's probably going to be about it!

I don't go for the Halloween events, though. I don't really understand the point of them, but I can see the appeal to other people anyways. It's just another trip to SF to me with the added bonus of the coasters being a little more empty since people are doing Halloween events. It's also nice being later in the year that it gets dark earlier and parks are open later. That makes a much better chance of night rides, which is always a good thing! I'll always take some nighttime MindBender.

I love Halloween events at parks. They're great fun. :)
I'm only doing Thorpe and Chessie this year I think but I may be going to Tullys Farm which does one of the best Halloween events in the country.

Shame Halloween Horror Nights is miles away and super expensive to get to. Would love to do that. :(

I like to go to Alton every year, but unfortunately this year it's looking bleak.

However, a week on Saturday we fly to California to go to their Disney/Knotts/Universal Halloween parties, so that should be pretty cool! I tried to get to Six Flags as well, but unfortunately time doesn't allow. With us only being their for a week, and the Halloween events only being on selected dates, Six Flags seemed to be the most obvious and convieniant one to drop.

Anyhoo, good times ahead!

I'll be hittin' up Alton on sunday, and then Thorpe on the 1st of November =)

I Love going to parks on halloween, I think its such a fun underrated time. Whenever I go to british park I have to say I'm so disapointed with their efforts though. I'm hoping Thorpes will be better this year seeing as I had to pay extra for it.

Europa Park is amazing in Halloween, I always used to visit in the October half term, they go all out with it and everything always looks amazing. Heck they even turn the Eurosat into a giant pumpkin.

^Yeah Europa Park is great at Halloween, the only time I've been was at Halloween and there was just theming everywhere with cobwebs and pumpkins etc.

bezzzzzer said:
I like to go to Alton every year, but unfortunately this year it's looking bleak.

However, a week on Saturday we fly to California to go to their Disney/Knotts/Universal Halloween parties, so that should be pretty cool! I tried to get to Six Flags as well, but unfortunately time doesn't allow. With us only being their for a week, and the Halloween events only being on selected dates, Six Flags seemed to be the most obvious and convieniant one to drop.

Anyhoo, good times ahead!

Knott's but not Magic?!?!?!?! Silver Bullet and not X2!!???!?!?!?!?

You make baby Jesus cry.

This year im just going to Thorpe and Chessington but would love to do more parks during halloween in future years. The only other park I have been to at halloween was PortAventura in 2007 which was great. :)