What's new

What not to miss out in the Dutch parks

andrus

Giga Poster
I'm going to Efteling, Toverland and Walibi Holland next week and I've heard that especially Efteling have a lot of amazing rides that are "hidden away" and hard to find. I'm asking for advice from those of you who have visted one or several of the parks; what attractions are there that I definitely not should miss out on? :)

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Toverland have a little fun house. You wouldn't think from the outside, as it looks like a house from the outside. Just inside the 2nd part of the park on the right side

A

Anonymous

Visited all of them.

Efteling is such a drag to visit, you have to pay for the park map and without one it's nearly impossible to go between attractions easily, but you end up lost on some forest somewhere...
All the bigger rides are worth wile though, especially Joris. Too bad that you didn't go there after a trip to Liseberg (getting the cheap Liseberg season pass would have gotten you in for free at Efteling and some other great parks).

Toverland is a fun place, ride Troy many times!! The rest of the park is filled with loads of quirky stuff...

Walibi Holland is Goliath territory, the rest of the stuff is pretty bland...
Note that the station layout of Goliath (and Joris at Efteleing for that matter) is pretty screwed up since you enter the station at the front row, and since everyone wants to ride in the front it gets clogged up which means that the station might actually be empty even if there is a massive queue, so if you want to ride in the rear, just excuse your way through...

davidm

Strata Poster
Stroopwafels!

stroopwafels-coffeecaps.jpg

andrus

Giga Poster
Thanks for the handy tips loefet! :) Unfortunately I choosed Holland instead of Liseberg, otherwise the season pass idea would've been great!

And Nic, it would've been awesome to go with you but I have school so I'm only free during the easter holidays :/