What's new

What is this thing?!

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Me and Peter noticed a rubber thing against the track on Kanonen. And i have noticed on Stealth too today. Here are a couple of pics to show you what I mean.

5890_122154372779_728732779_3063649_4077761_n.jpg

5890_122154377779_728732779_3063650_421097_n.jpg

So what is it?!

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Track cleaner perhaps?

I'd assume it scoops/cleans any plastic left from the wheels off the track. I'm only saying that due to the large amount of burn't plastic left around the launch track from the wheels.

stealthrubber.jpg

I noticed the same on TTD too when it was broken.

A

Anonymous

It could be a cleaner or it could be something that shows up if thers any track issues.

A

Anonymous

It's a antistatic strip to ground (electrically) the train to prevent it to accumulate an electric charge, so that riders, driving systems, control systems, etc. won't get hit by ESD. The nylon wheels are very good to shield the train and the magnetic brakes charges the trains.

So it's just a safety precaution.

A

Anonymous

furie said:
Ollie said:
^How they hell do you know all this stuff? :p
He's a rocket scientist! :)
Not really...

I'm just a: "Master of Science in Space Engineering with a degree in Space electronics and Satellite Engineering"

:--D

A

Anonymous

So your a super-geek? :p Nah its good to have someone has knowledgable as you, fair play.

It's a antistatic strip to ground (electrically) the train to prevent it to accumulate an electric charge, so that riders, driving systems, control systems, etc. won't get hit by ESD. The nylon wheels are very good to shield the train and the magnetic brakes charges the trains.

OH MY GOD I WAS ACTUALLY GOING TO SAY THAT.. I seriously would have totally redeemed myself from everyone thinking I was stupid, but nooo, you had to open your mouth :p .

CMonster

Giga Poster
furie said:
He's a rocket scientist! :)

You don't need to be a rocket scientist to know that, just a "Master of Science in Space Engineering with a degree in Space electronics and Satellite Engineering." Or something like that. :p

^ Probably oil or grease or something, like how on inverted coasters they have the wheel covers to stop the spray from getting on the riders..

And yes I seriously did know that :p . It serves the same purpose as grounders on cars, right?

divvie_dave

Mega Poster
Spray.. from the wheels?

As in when the track is wet... and water sprays up. Like a mud flap.... haha flaps :)

I know i'm wrong, that's just what I thought when I saw them.

flaps... :) wet, soggy flaps

When the antistatic strip gets damaged or snaps off, the wheels glow bright blue at night, makes a lovely crackling noise too.

Inferno could do with one too, I've lost count how many times i've gotten a shock off that thing.