What's new

What is the UK’s wettest theme park?

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Can't be annual precipitation data, at least, because west London is a relatively dry place. The wettest park in the UK in that regard is probably somewhere in Wales. Zip World Fforest or Zip World Tower seem to be good candidates. Helensburgh Pier Family Amusement Park probably was the wettest park in the UK, being located along the rain coast of Scotland, but it closed in 2017.

No, I think the reason why Thorpe claims to be the wettest park in the UK, is because no matter where you are in the park, you are looking up at the underside of a water slide. I made this handy chart for my trip report a few years ago:
unknown.png

Note that if you're not underneath a water slide in this park, you're likely to be in front of one. In other words, water is flying or dripping everywhere.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
So it’s viability and proximity to water rides. Really need to find out how many gallons of water each ride uses, and compare with other UK parks to be sure.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
So it’s viability and proximity to water rides. Really need to find out how many gallons of water each ride uses, and compare with other UK parks to be sure.
Yeah - I totally agree. Proximity to water is a weak metric - some of the pier parks are completely above the water and they'd win that hands down.

It's gonna be about how wet you get on the rides in some sort of measurable way. Litres per person per ride per day, or something like that.

rob666

Hyper Poster
Blackpool, now the flume in a shed is nearly back open, and it chucks it down with rain every day?

teapoollogreality

Roller Poster
Possible AI generated text (bot behaviour). Everyone, please stay vigilant and report further suspicious behaviour.
On the Thorpe park advert running at the park, they claim to be the “UK’s wettest theme park”.

Is this true? What measurement and data is this based on?
It's worth noting that theme parks often use marketing slogans or claims to highlight unique features or experiences. The phrase "wettest theme park" suggests that Thorpe Park may have attractions or water-based rides that provide a significant amount of water-related experiences.

If you're interested in verifying the claim, I would recommend reaching out to Thorpe Park directly through their official website or contacting their customer service. They will be able to provide you with more accurate and detailed information about the claim and the specific measurements or data on which it is based.

Matt N

CF Legend
I wouldn't mind betting that this claim is simply due to Thorpe having a high number of water rides.

They have Rumba Rapids, Tidal Wave, Storm Surge and Depth Charge; that's a fair few, and I wouldn't be surprised if that was the largest selection in the UK. I certainly can't think of a larger selection in a dry theme park, off the top of my head.

rob666

Hyper Poster
Valhalla, Rugrats, River Caves, Spongebob and Dora at Blackpool, with Infusion over the water, and it always rains in Blackpool.

Smithy

Strata Poster
It's worth noting that theme parks often use marketing slogans or claims to highlight unique features or experiences. The phrase "wettest theme park" suggests that Thorpe Park may have attractions or water-based rides that provide a significant amount of water-related experiences.

If you're interested in verifying the claim, I would recommend reaching out to Thorpe Park directly through their official website or contacting their customer service. They will be able to provide you with more accurate and detailed information about the claim and the specific measurements or data on which it is based.

AI gone ****ed up.

I'd make a joke about Thorpe Park being the wettest theme park but I'm in my 30's now and I'm far too old for such humour.