What's new

What is the Best B&M Inverted Coaster?

What is your favourite B&M Inverted Coaster?

• Batman Clones

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Raptor/Monster

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • Nemesis

Votes: 47 40.9%
  • Nemesis Inferno

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • Montu

Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Alpengeist

Votes: 18 15.7%
  • Afterburn

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • Flight Deck

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Talon

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • Great Bear

• Silver Bullet

• DC Chinese Fireball

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • DC Hungarian Horntail

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Katun

Votes: 11 9.6%
  • Black Mamba

Votes: 14 12.2%
  • Patriot

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Pyrenees

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • OzIris

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other

• Banshee

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
After riding B:tR again I feel reinforced in saying nothing can top its intensity.

Montu looks pretty great, but it's more spaced out thanks to its size. Only Talon rivals Batman with just flat out intensity and forcefulness, but it doesn't stand up, nor have that out of control speed feel!

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
JJLehto said:
After riding B:tR again I feel reinforced in saying nothing can top its intensity.

Montu looks pretty great, but it's more spaced out thanks to its size. Only Talon rivals Batman with just flat out intensity and forcefulness, but it doesn't stand up, nor have that out of control speed feel!

Is Talon really intense. Most people say it is pretty forceless.

nadroJ

CF Legend
I would disagree that Talon rivals Batman for intensity/forcefulness. I hate rides that make me feel like my head is being squished in a vice, hence my loathing for the Batman clones. Talon was quick, with pop of airtime and snappy inversions, but I would call it out for its intensity.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, Talon wasn't really forceful. I don't think we hit it on a good day and it was really mediocre.

bmac

Giga Poster
Talon isn't known for its force, but the layout is covered pretty damn quickly. So it's like a semi-intense, zippy invert. Now if only Allentown didn't have those god awful noise restrictions </3.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
If you're talking about prolonged intensity, then it has to be Nemesis (still my No. 1 steel because it seems to have the unique quality of picking up speed as it goes around)
Katun has moments of absolutely crazy force, so much so that it can make you feel quite ill after a few goes.
But the big shocker for me was Alpengeist, which in one of two places was actually like an abusive partner!

bmac

Giga Poster
The Cobra Roll is nowhere near as bad as the MCBR, it's like a play punch compared to getting hit with a bat.

IntaminToWin

Mega Poster
CookieCoasters said:
JJLehto said:

Is Talon really intense. Most people say it is pretty forceless.

The last turnaround is. The rest of it is normal B&M-ness, so nothing real huge.

Jer

Strata Poster
Ranking the ones i've ridden:

1. Talon
2. Great Bear
3. B:TR (SFMM and SFGAdv)

Talon is still my favorite, because it's just so much fun, and it might be pretty forceless throughout it's layout, but it still offers some rare, and good, pops of airtime on an invert. The only thing that would make it better, is if it had the B&M roar.

Mark

Strata Poster
Mysterious Sue said:
If you're talking about prolonged intensity, then it has to be Nemesis (still my No. 1 steel because it seems to have the unique quality of picking up speed as it goes around)

Well it seems to... because it does lol. But yes, I totally agree with you. What makes Nemesis so special is because most coasters go from highest to lowest point on their first or main drop. Nemesis has the unique location meaning that from the top of the lift hill (highest point) right down to the bottom of the vertical drop (lowest point) you are still picking up masses of speed. That gives it that unrelenting prolonged intensity. I honestly don't think it is just a UK bias or over-hyping in Nemesis case either. It is genuinely a superb and unique attraction.

Don't get me wrong, Black Mamba came closest to toppling Nemmie (just for you Beans) for me, but not quite. Katun was also pretty cool, but just didn't quite manage to be better. Again, I put it down to Nemesis unique layout that seperates it from all the others I have ridden.

Mark9

Roller Poster
1. Katun
2. Nemesis
3. Oz'Iris
4. Black Mamba
5. Hungarian Hungtail
6. Chinese Fireball
7. Nemesis Inferno
8. Batman La Fuga

The top four are all in my top ten. It's not so much a bias for the Inverter, it's more that on that first ride, they blew me away with their quality and intensity.

Taxi

Mega Poster
This is what i think, not in any order.

Black Mamba
Montu
Talon
Patriot
Nemesis Inferno
Raptor
Dueling Dragons

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
1. OzIris - Less of the intense compact invert experience, more swoopy and floaty. But totally amazing. The ride has a decent length, takes the two zero Gs nicely; drop's slightly steeper and twistier than on the other inverts I've ridden - which makes for a nice change. It has a fantastic dive loop, and is very well themed. Not only my favourite B+M invert, but one of my favourite coasters all round.

2. Nemesis - The face-melting classic. A fantastic coaster both to look at and to ride. Brilliant landscaping, ace themeing and a unique coaster layout. Love bursting out from those trees and getting flipped towards the sky :)

3. Black Mamba - So much attention to detail in the themeing; there's a lot to take in even on the lift hill! The lights going out and the African drums pumping out as the train dispatches is a nice touch. The coaster is brilliantly smooth, has an amazing zero-G roll; and is the best invert for foot-chopper moments in my opinion. Not quite as intense as Nemesis, but hugely re-rideable.

4. Duelling Dragons (Ice / Hungarian Horntail) When this coaster dueled it was a great experience, especially along the flat run before the loop - seeing the other train speeding head-on towards you was fantastic. Went on it again as the Hungarian Horntail - though it was no longer duelling, it was still a fun coaster, especially the overbanked turn after the drop.

reddude333

Giga Poster
Haven't been on enough to really be a good judge for them but I've enjoyed every one I've been on: Batman (SFMM), Top Gun (Yes, I said it), Raptor, and Silver Bullet with the first being the most intense and the last being the most unique/visually appealing in my opinion.

Mike

Giga Poster
12. Silver Bullet - Forceless and boring. With a perfectly 45 degree first drop, this ride just didn't do anything for me.

11. Batman (x4) - I've always found the Batman clones to be a bit meh, and I've never really found myself coming off smiling or with anything to talk about after riding.

10. Nemesis Inferno - Fairly unimaginative and could have interacted with the volcano theming so much better.

9. Dragon Challenge (x2) - I only rode these for my first time last year, so never got to duel, but they didn't seem to be anything special to me. You can tell the bits where they slow up and are meant to interact, but with no actually duelling, it's just bland.

8. Patriot - I remember the first drop being quite fun but otherwise I don't remember a lot about this ride.

7. Flight Deck - Definitely the most forceful B&M I've been on, and one of the few coasters that has made me grey out.

6. Great Bear - I loved the concept of the helix after the first drop but the second half of the ride is a major let down, and it's ORP position is almost as stupid as Paris' Space Mountain.

5. Montu - Fast, forceful and fairly fun.

4. Nemesis - I find that all of the effects on Nemesis are lost if you don't sit in the front seats, but otherwise this is a very good ride.

3. Talon - I only remember having fun on this coaster. Fast but not too forceful, a great all-round ride.

2. Black Mamba - Possibly the only B&M Invert that gives airtime! I love the interaction with the theming and the ground no matter where you sit. Great ride.

1. Alpengeist - A vastly underrated ride in my opinion. Definitely on the of the best themed, an awesome first drop and fantastic close-to-the-ground action as you go through the ski sloped. A must ride!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Re: What is the Best B&M Inverted Coaster?

Mike said:
2. Black Mamba - Possibly the only B&M Invert that gives airtime!

Katun: first drop
Pyrenees: actual airtime hill

Pretty sure Talon had some as well from what I remember.

bmac

Giga Poster
gavin said:
Pretty sure Talon had some as well from what I remember.

There's the spot between the first helix and the corkscrew where it looks like you just pitter around, right before you drop into the turn it usually pops you out of the seat. Sometimes I feel it sometimes I don't.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Oh come on, SB isn't as bad as you goons make it out to be! Remember, KBF isn't a thrill seekers paradise, it's a very family oriented park ;)