Votes: 2 4.8%
  • S&S

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.8%

• Total voters
STC said:
Mack.

Intamin are dangerous and now insist on putting OTSRs on everything. It's backwards and the wrong way for the industry to go.

The Blue Fire ride system is the most perfect every created in history. Absolutely incredible, mind blowing ride system. Lap restraints with inversions is the way forwards, if Mack can do lap restraints on an inverting coaster, why can't Intamin do it on a non-inverting coaster?

Cause Intamin has problems with people dieing on their rides and the harnsses are more roomy than the lapbars

I just relized I have never ridden an Intamin. I don't go to many parks. And most I do are in Florida, which laks Intamins.

^What if he went in 2003. Or their Intamins. They might not have been running (although i don't here much problems with Stormrunner or Fahrenheit as i do say Kingda Ka or I 305)

i would have to say i like b&m the best, due to my top 5 coasters being by them, but i do really like intamin because i love the diversity and layout of the rides... for example cheetah hunt is pretty unique, and although it isnt extremely thrilling exactly, it sure is fun, and so rideable, and of course for any accelarter intamin is better. I love them both, but from the coasters i have been on, i would say B&M

Hard to pick 1, my favourite coaster is made by Gravity Group, but I haven't had chance to ride any of their other rides yet, although the POV's still look awesome.

I voted 4 times:
Other for GG
B&M for their quality and comfort
Intamin because the megacoasters i've been on were great, not to mention their Cedar Point installations. Plus they seem to be more willing than others to push the height, speed and g-force boundaries.
GCI for similar reasons to B&M, on the downside they also (like B&M) seem to be happy to stick to tried and tested formulas for their layouts, but that's not me saying they arn't great formulas.

I love Intamin coasters and I know they may not be consistently amazing but too many of my favorites are Intamin so I'm gonna have to go with them.

B&M make the best coasters, they're the coaster equivalent of Mercedes...smooth, reliable and look good, but only the snobs can afford them or maintain them...Thats why I like Vekoma, they're honest and hard working, efficient and cheap.

reddude333 said:
^^and a lot of them are rough and can cause injury, but whatever, I guess that's not a big deal :p

Yeah, I agree that alot of them are rough, but I always argue that sometimes this adds character to their coasters. The Ultimate is brutal, yet noone complains of that. Granted, the Ultimate is a custom piece of brilliance but surely if you can take the pain on that, then a Vekoma is a pussycat compared. :--D

sean said:
Yeah, I agree that alot of them are rough, but I always argue that sometimes this adds character to their coasters. The Ultimate is brutal, yet noone complains of that. Granted, the Ultimate is a custom piece of brilliance but surely if you can take the pain on that, then a Vekoma is a pussycat compared. :--D

Very true, except I do complain about the Ultimate being a brutal heap of crap. It would probably be better with different trains, with a lower centre of gravity and more legroom so your knees don't smash into the lapbar mount every two seconds, but in it's current state I think it's the most unpleasent experience i've ever had on a coaster. Even if the company who designed it were still operaring i'm pretty sure nobody would be voting for them in this poll.

I'm suprised there isn't a Gravity Group option though, surely they're popular enough, having won best woodie at golden tickets for the last 5 years, even if no-one on this site looks at those awards as an accurate depiction.

^Good point! We all tend to forget about the woodie manufacturers, its usually the three main steel manufacturers that always get the credit.

What about 'Pax', surely they deserve a mention! :p

^Well, GCI/CCI is an option...

^^Yeah, I've actually heard plenty bad rap about the Ultimate in terms of roughness, not saying it isn't hailed as great as well. But my point is, Vekoma being rough is one thing but when it's just uncomfortable, that's bad.