What's new

What are you reading?

Ecstacy By Irvine Welsh

Love this blokes stuff,very gritty and real :)

Patrick said:
I've finished Night Rise and I'm on to Robert Muchamore's 'The Recruit'. It's good so far, I like!
The CHERUB series is really good.

I have just finished reading Twilight by Stephenie Meyer for the second time.

Just finishing off "The Secret of Anatomy" by Mark Morris. I doubt anyone has heard of him, or read any of his books (Toady, Stitch, The Immaculate or Longbarrow are the others of his I've read).

He's a cross between Clive Barker and James Herbert (he desperately wants to be Clive Barker, but ends up being too British like James Herbert :lol: ).

His stuff is very readable, but it's always just a little bit disappointing and not as good as it could be...

I've started reading The Da Vinci Code again. As much as people say it's flawed, I LOVE it.

kir said:
I've started reading The Da Vinci Code again. As much as people say it's flawed, I LOVE it.

It is, but so are lots of things which are massively entertaining. I've read both TDC and Angels and Demons, and while I thought they were rubbish, they were exceptionally entertaining for a few hours.

Harry Potter is on the same level. It's not actually really all that good, but it's so easy to read, and is somehow just "engaging" that it works.

Im not actully reading at the moment, because i find it hard to choose what to read so im thinking.

me said:
I'm reading Road to Wigan Pier. I'm that hard.

I finally finished it! Hahaha.

It was alright. Was better than doing absolutely nothing. I am hoping I will get back into reading soon, I quite miss it really - well, I obviously don't, or I would have got back into it already, but shh.

I've just finished Learning to Fly, Victoria Beckham's autobiography. In my defence, I didn't buy it, I found it on the subway platform.

It was quite entertaining though, especially all the digs at Geri Halliwell.

I've just started A Case of Need, one of Michael Crichton's earlier books. Hopefully it should be pretty good. Most of his newer stuff is cack.

I jsut started A clockwork Orange It's quite good so far, and I actually udnerstand the language.

After that i'm either going to read ABC Murders (for school) or 1408 by Stephen King.

ACO is absolutely brilliant. One of the best books I've read I think; I picked it up, thinking "oh I'll just read a few pages" and ended up finishing it.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

^ I found it hard to get into, but a great book. And I found myself speaking Nadsat for a few days after I finished! :lol:

I just finished reading Brokeback Mountain for the second time (takes about 30 mins to read!). Yes, it's a brilliant novella, but it didn't make me cry the second time. The first time I wept like a baby!

I've just started a Warhammer 40K Horus Heresy novel called "Galaxy in Flames." It's a very good read.

FuzzyBerk :geek:

I read "Brother Odd" by Dean Koontz last night. Typical insipid pseudo science fodder by Mr Koontz, I do love the trash though :)

Just finished "Kill Me" by Stephen White. I guess it's a psychological thriller, which I usually like for the pure entertainment value, but I thought it tried to hard to be "thought-provoking". All life and death issues blah blah blah.... Would you rather die or be a vegetable? Entertaining enough, but nothing new really.

Just started "Monstrous Regiment" by Terry Pratchett. I read a couple of his books years ago, really liked them, but never got round to trying any more. This one seems pretty good so far...

I'm re-reading Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince in time for Harry Potter 7
49_49.gif

Well... listening to the audio book :p