What's new

Weird things to happen to you at a theme park

I've got one...

Was back in 05 or so, when I went with my uncle on a road trip to northern Idaho (from So Cali). We went to this mine tour during our stay in Idaho (seeing as how a lot of Idaho has gold and silver mines throughout), me and my uncle were with this other group of tourists, who also happened to be from So Cali. The mine was awesome, so temping to try and dig out what appeared to be quite a large chunk of gold in the walls...

Anyways, me and my uncle cruised over to Silverwood Theme Park a few days later. We were getting in line for Timber Terror when we saw 2 familiar faces. The same freaking couple from the mine tour was at Silverwood that day. Turns out, they were also staying in Coeur D'alene Idaho as well.. Quite odd to me..

Xpress said:
I've got one...

Was back in 05 or so, when I went with my uncle on a road trip to northern Idaho (from So Cali). We went to this mine tour during our stay in Idaho (seeing as how a lot of Idaho has gold and silver mines throughout), me and my uncle were with this other group of tourists, who also happened to be from So Cali. The mine was awesome, so temping to try and dig out what appeared to be quite a large chunk of gold in the walls...

Anyways, me and my uncle cruised over to Silverwood Theme Park a few days later. We were getting in line for Timber Terror when we saw 2 familiar faces. The same freaking couple from the mine tour was at Silverwood that day. Turns out, they were also staying in Coeur D'alene Idaho as well.. Quite odd to me..

This reminds me of something that happened to us when we were on a trip once. A couple with a motorbike that were staying at our hotel kept on popping up all over the place on the journey home. We saw them at about three different motorway services and two midway attractions. It was just consistently every time we stopped they were there!

Hey, look at this smiley I just created:
:)-3-<
;)

^Now that's weird.

I don't really have anything to say other than in the Collosus queue last year, I discovered a song I never knew was on my phone. :)

Well probably getting stuck on the flume at Alton Towers in 1996. We were stuck on the lift for the first drop for about half an hour and had to be evacuated. We got passes to skip the ques for our troubles, so guess which ride which had just taken Britain by storm two years earlier did me and my younger sister head straight for for a go without queing?

Weirdest thing for me was probably when I went to Thorpe Park one time. The park was quite busy and hadn't managed to get on many rides, and so purchased a couple of fastrack tickets to get on the bigger rides. We went to Pizza Hut when a huge thunderstorm came - really loud thunder and lots of lightning - not to mention the ridiculously heavy rain! After that had passed we went to go on more rides, to find that every single one was closed! We walked past Colossus where a member of staff told us that there had been a power cut in the local area and they had to close the park - couldn't believe it! So there was a massive rush to leave the park, had never seen so many people trying to leave the park at once - had to hold onto one of my friends to stop us getting separated haha. We were given free tickets to the park on the way out which was really good :) We visited again later in the month, and they let us use our fastrack tickets from the previous visit as we hadn't got round to using them because of the power cut - had a much better day and managed to get on lots more rides without a power cut :)