What's new

Supernovae

Roller Poster
Hello Coaster friends!

I'm new here on the Coaster Force forum.
About 16 months ago I started to work on a Planet Coaster sandbox project called "Walk on the wild side" Themepark that is now far enough to show to you all.
This will be a WIP thread as I have not that mutch time to build on it but doing my best to keep it updated once in a while.

"WOTWS" is a park that will grow area by area organically. As the name suspects, it will contain rides with a Wild twist. Yes the rides will be some times against the border of realistic on the stats and that is exactly the meaning of this place. I hope you like it. ;)

So time for some visuals!

The entrance. A bit of a brain braking thing for me at the moment. I'ts not close of being finished but it give the idea of walking to some sort of gate.
Somewhere in the future we will come back here to finish it off.

0002K3Z.jpg

After the park gate you will walk in to the Entrance area railway station for "the Iron Horse" Railroad Company.

EkOV4rt.jpg

ArRflU3.jpg

YeoU7zv.jpg

JaLsMYD.jpg

w66VCz2.jpg

Here you find the historic heart of the park with some flat rides that opened in the first season.

G7bzi0F.jpg

At the opening season of the park we opened with a stunning new RMC coaster called "Walk on the Wild side" The Ride.
It contains 3 inversions and has a fast and furious lay-out. Operating with 3 trains in 5 blocks including a MCBR for increasing capacity.

Here you find the full onride of my first PC build coaster.
Steam coaster blueprint: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1160217556

Here you find some area views of the coaster.

vZW6ohl.jpg

Coaster station
qCCkNmy.jpg

Spot the first 2 inversions.
SYKNYBt.jpg

rDFeqG2.jpg

xCgiqTf.jpg

FnDM2sL.jpg

o4B66Ux.jpg

3rd and last inversion.

nhJVhf2.jpg

y97bvuK.jpg

7b2Gvks.jpg

iqCBTJH.jpg

CFxg0TD.jpg

Back in the final brakes

mj24L5c.jpg

Area overview of "Walk on the wild side" The Ride.

eiruwf0.jpg

Leaving you all for this moment. I hope you like the startup story of "Walk on the wild side" Themepark.
Next update will be the second season and the new GCI woody "Boulderdash"

Thanks for you're attention. Any feedback will be appreciated :)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Only commenting to say "awesome"!

Looks like a pretty cool terrain coaster, although maybe erring on the side of fantasy? Pretty epic, though. :) Can't comment too much on the building method in Planet Coaster, but some of the track shaping feels a little like there are too few track segments meaning you get these funny transitions. Maybe something to look in to for the next coaster.

Also enjoyed the phantom arms!

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
It certainly looks very pretty from afar, PC seems good for that. I admire all the scenery interaction. Gonna get a bit moist from those waterfalls.

Agree with the above regarding transitions, but that could just be the game. In everything I've seen the coasters never handle quite 'right' and I haven't managed to get into it for that reason.
So I'm not one to talk, but for what it's worth - feels a bit overly slow through the first hill, the MCBR and the 2 hills from 1:53.

Also welcome.

Supernovae

Roller Poster
Thank you both for your comment and opinions. I have to say you both have it right. This was my first coaster build in this game and is the one that is absolutly the most on the border of fantasy than in real life possible. I used track sections of 20 meters mostly and for that moment it looked pretty well. Now taking my experience on building coasters in PC a year later this is defenatly a kick-ass ride but far not my best creation. I started this project 16 months ago and as it will be updated you will see me growing in building and designs will get more spectacular. For example: The railroad station building was one of my last creations but needed it to be in the begin of the story line of this presentation. At the moment I'm working on Coaster number 7 of the park so we are in the junior fase of this showcase ;)

Update Season #2

The opening season was a great succes! "Wotws" The ride is beyond populair so I had to extend the waiting lines for it. For the second season "Wotws" Themepark contracted GCI to build us a custom layout wooden coaster. The ride will be named "Boulderdash" and is located in the redstone mountains area of the park. "Wotws" chose for a second coaster mostly to get the pressure from the "Wotws" the Ride. The park also invested in 2 flatrides for the same reason. "Suicidal" A huge Gyro swing ride is placed in between of Wotws The Ride and Boulderdash. The second ride is a Huss Topspin called "Overload" what is located within the layout of Boulderdash. Across the location of "Overload" I attempt to build a first restaurant building. For the smaller visitors I put down a kiddy carousel for their entertainment.

Here you find the full onride for "Boulderdash" GCI Coaster
Steam bleuprint: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1159193247

The visuals:
JNdheiV.jpg

"Suicidal" The new Gyro Swing

HlIMouy.jpg

6dMlQev.jpg

"Overload" The new Topspin

Uz4hiI8.jpg

3xe2zgp.jpg

The "kiddy Carousel"

rfdLjD0.jpg

oEuugMg.jpg

"Boulderdash" station

hkBe7jT.jpg

"Boulderdash" Wooden GCI Coaster

4FJquh5.jpg

giqSEfn.jpg

wQK4RQx.jpg

AK5te8b.jpg

eakuAWE.jpg

MzfQ1I5.jpg

Watersplash effect

vv9JRlx.jpg

Nice area shot

During the second season "Wotws" Themepark started the gound works for the new ride to open in season 3.
Next year "Wotws" Themepark will open a custom designed Gerslauer Eurofighter Coaster.

mgKmUhN.jpg

G-force stats of "Iron Stomach"

Thank you all for your attenention and see you all back on the "Iron stomach" Season 3 update :)

Supernovae

Roller Poster
Season 3.

"Boulderdash" was a smash hit for the 2nd season of "Wotws" Themepark. The attendance keeps growing and growing. So must the park too.
For season 3 "Wotws" contracted Gerslauer for a custom designed Eurofighter model as new ride. The new coaster is located in the green mid sector of the park.
The first coaster outside of the Red stone Park area. This part of the park we will return in season 5 and 6.

Now "Walk on the wild side" proudly presents! "Iron Stomach"!
"Iron Stomach" has 5 inversions and operates with 3 trains in 4 blocks. Unfortunately I did not put in a MCBR to keep the speed in the ride. For the capacity it was not a wise idea.

Anyway. Here we have the full onride:

Steam workshop blueprint: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1191246972

And here some nice visuals of the new ride.

VrNqve1.jpg

cZ5Z54f.jpg

q6885p1.jpg

vR6VXIP.jpg

yzgG9dj.jpg

MoCsn84.jpg

H0ubl59.jpg

Thank you for your attention. :)
It will soon be season 4!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Little bit lumpy in places, but liked the terrain interaction. I do like that first picture, looking up at the ride behind the waterfall. :)

How easy is it to do the tunnels? Does it 'auto-generate' them (a-la RCT), or do you have to modify the landscape manually and then aim the track down the tunnel?

Supernovae

Roller Poster
Hi Hixee.

Thanks for your comment.
Tunneling goes automatic if you select the option when building. You can set the diameter also there. You can wide it up later manualy with the landscape editor. :)

Last edited:

Supernovae

Roller Poster
Season 4 will start with the opening of coaster number 4 "Dragon Fury" Will be the coaster for the smaller and less brave "Wild side" walkers in the park.
This Zierer coaster has a custom layout and is became a nice fast ride with some hot encounters with a dragon. Running to the Dragon cave to escape from it.

To be honest I only took the time do something with the landscape than I spend time on the cave. For that I will return later as I have a big project starting up in the park for season 5, 6 and 7. But first the new "Dragon Fury"!

For the onride please click here:

Steam Blueprint:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1284857148

Here some Pictures of the new ride:

JdlAcTC.jpg

JZpveMr.jpg

P28nlR8.jpg

7LxPs9f.jpg

So now it's time for the biggest project of "Walk on the Wild side" Themepark it's history. A new park area called "The Raptor Valley".
The project will contain a Wild rapid river Called "Roling River". (Season 5) A massive RMC T-rex box tracked coaster (Season 6), A Rocktopus Rodeo Arena (Season 7), Rodeonaut Lab (Season 7), Wild West themed Railway station for the Iron Horse Railroads. (Season 6)

The groundworks start half season 4:

rD5nwuf.jpg

First priority goes to the "Rolling River"

IwgbNhN.jpg

A whole Western village will apear here as setting for the Rapid river Ride

RmooCMI.jpg

The "Predator" RMC coaster takes it's place in the landscape.

BXQ6ZKa.jpg

Infra structure! New park sections need drinks and food.

N4kilkD.jpg

Rapid station

Hb63B0K.jpg

Themed shops

n56Hl9B.jpg

2nd round of inspiration on the same shops.

Y5qz3Nx.jpg

From another angle

PJQkEKE.jpg

First ride theming

PJ5LQ3Z.jpg

Town Centre is getting shape.

UXB5Jjf.jpg

More town Centre

VbmXztp.jpg

More and more details are added.

5OfDjl9.jpg

Finnishing touch.

And there you have it! At the start of Season 5 the "Rolling River" opens for the public.
Here the final result!

uPEvlf8.jpg

And here you find the onride:

Supernovae

Roller Poster
Season 6: "Predator" RMC Coaster

As the Raptor Valley was completed with the opening of "Rolling River" Wotws started the work on the "Predator Valley". In this "Valley" the station of "Predator" will soon be build. At the same time the infrastructure of the area was finished and a second "western style" station was added to "The Iron Horse Railroads" that now was turned in to an operating people mover.

Now it's time to present the biggest and boldest new addition to "Walk on the Wild side" Themepark!
It's name is "Predator". A RMC T-REX box track Coaster containing a 80 meter big loop, 2 dive loops, 2 corkscrews and an inline twist to give it a nice end.
Every inch of this coaster has been taken well care of and this creation is totally bended by the hand. The first part is high, fast with big elements. After the MCBR the coaster keeps low to the ground with high speed and some strong helixes and corckscrews. Landscapes: skelletons in redstone mountains, Lava lake, Lava trench, waterfalls, canyons, western village.

Track length: 2476 Meters
Hight: 100 Meters
Biggest Drop: 95 Meters
Lat-G: 2.7
Ver-G: -0.83 up to 5.37
Max speed: 158 Km/ph

And here you find the full onride of "Predator"! Enjoy!

Park blueprint from Steam Workshop:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1489416902

Coaster only blueprint from Steam Workshop:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1362226072

For the new season Wotws Themepark launched a media campain of four minutes.
It's a nice recap of "Walk on the wild side"Themepark to see the park comes alive.

Here the pictures of the new ride for Season 6 of "Wotws" Themepark.
VyvUHvc.jpg

P3Ujbxr.jpg

6EGEPL9.jpg

rPE0hfN.jpg

jXKoAzS.jpg

ss8ck9p.jpg

CTlRtoB.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
That first drop and loop combo is just obscene. :p

Supernovae

Roller Poster
Thank you Hixee!
Yes it is :D the 2nd leg after the MCBR I'm pleased with on this coaster design. It worked out just as I had in mind. The last inversion came out so beautifuly smooth that I still wonder how I did manage that ;)

So after the last update I started to work on the night time showcase of this coaster and park area. I put in some lights.
Find here below the new night experience of "Predator"

Gw9KNaw.jpg

qPNyXjv.jpg

Dmvi5A1.jpg

Then I gave the track some green glow.

SV6n3Qc.jpg

yNAPvdX.jpg

UTNn72i.jpg

Now it's time to put some more rides in this area. I relocated the Octopus ride to this area and renamed it as "Octopus Rodeo Area"

xabt2eE.jpg

tcXoMZt.jpg

arwkVlc.jpg

And I added the "Rodeonaut Lab". Some kind of human testing device.

qePvvWu.jpg

For the new season "Walk on the wild side" themepark is working on a vintage pier. The first ride to be opend will be a Wooden Bobsled coaster "Flying Turns".

eT6UstS.jpg

ejwU14l.jpg

feXeJMF.jpg

omsKx63.jpg

cazP9rv.jpg

So that's it for now folks!
Thank you for your attention.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Great stuff! Love the lighting on Predator there, really makes it pop.

The ornamentation on the Flying Turns is fantastic as well. I'm looking forward to seeing that area of the park develop!

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Supernovae

Roller Poster
Great stuff! Love the lighting on Predator there, really makes it pop.

The ornamentation on the Flying Turns is fantastic as well. I'm looking forward to seeing that area of the park develop!

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
Thank you! I start to develope a Vintage Palace that would give room to a Wooden wild mouse coaster.
Unfortunately I have a creation block about for decorating the inside of the building / Ride. The exterial got some shape already.

2ICX4VB.jpg

Station and que entrance building

NfLPVah.jpg

Lakeside view

G5OzcXv.jpg

Work in progress

YCTynKZ.jpg

Lakeside daylight view

q3pccnB.jpg

Still a lot to be done

QhCq254.jpg

Some theming

qHzgm58.jpg

Area overview

Due to the inspiration block on this project I decide to start a new project for the park and come back later to the vintage area when inspiration kicks back in.
So I turned to the other side of the lake what is close to the centre point of the park map. This will be the brilliant spot for the Main centre ride of the park.
"Walk on the wild side" will get it's own central castle. And it's not gonna be a Cinderella one. It's gonna be some more sinister.

NP30w6G.jpg

We have a start!

q8gmS8c.jpg

Ct1NgV7.jpg

V99g35Z.jpg

UWZAzvV.jpg

Custom operators booth

LLmTHaT.jpg

NyLLIj9.jpg

Que area building up

IqhZj42.jpg

UWMZERR.jpg

QR8A1oj.jpg

Ride gate to the outside world

YqsDqzM.jpg

NCZcHW5.jpg

HetAKFN.jpg

oIJcU8p.jpg

Cf7gagJ.jpg

Last scene of the ride.

XES3UXq.jpg

Jl92QQQ.jpg

D0tgm2c.jpg

2dMX00l.jpg

Hope to have been for your entertaining or inspiriation!
See you all back when I got new stuff to show :)

Supernovae

Roller Poster
Time to update :)

The new project got a name. "Judgmentday" The ride.
In previous update I got myself allready in trouble. The scenery piece count killed my frame rate as 1 pillar is counting 800 pieces and the inner arches and windows are 1800 each. After 180.000 scenery items I foud out that I needed to scale down massively the whole project. It changed the whole area in a good way.

The ride and the idea behind it:

"Judgmentday" The ride, takes you to a very neutral un-explainable tensed area. The caste seems to flow on the mist and has not a friendly or scary exterial.
The ride starts without a story. You just depart and have no cleu where to. Suddenly there is an accident. A thunder bolt hits the tower and it slams trough the whole car you are in. You wake up in the mist and moving trough a dark tunnel. The riders are electrocuted and on their way to "Judgmentday". Will it be Heaven or Hell...

The new castle of "Judgmentday":

1IYSRES.jpg

by night:

XuGrjSX.jpg

cVdsPw1.jpg

I made a screenshot timelaps video of the whole project so far:

Inside deep below the castle waits the most important moment of your (after)life.
After getting some instructions about the position you found yourself in the tour gets tense.

G1OurOE.jpg

The electricution.

7dYZRhp.jpg

Your instructions.

We start the tour with "The Hell". No worries yet. It is only sightseing.

ileJcXi.jpg

The "worst" Chaimber.

Tc6yR0L.jpg

The "disposables"

Here you find a video of the start to the hell scenes. There after the tour will continue to "Something" (WIP) "Heaven" (WIP)

Also I like to recommend my "Walk on the wild side" Themepark Promo. I created a sort of fast showcase of the whole park with a nice tune under it.
You can really see the park comes alive in this latest park recap.

Thank you all for youre attention. :)

Supernovae

Roller Poster
HI dear readers,

So now the summer season is ending the work on Wotws Themepark itself has been picked up again. First I started with "Iron Stomach" to light up for evening openings and was the last of the big coasters to get a light plan.

5Ne7Cc7.jpg

Wotws the Ride and Predator from another view.

btp5Zen.jpg

Made a new waiting line area for Wotws the Ride.

3y6oURV.jpg

Iron Stomach dive loop.

UlcfGCK.jpg

Some nice view.

SRgsy42.jpg

Total overview

FL45qn0.jpg

Total overview

Inside the Island of Judgmentday I'm working on the next chapter of the story.
The "something" part of the ride. For everyone who has been good and believe in something. Your creator will give you a look behind the fabrics of space it self. you can pick your own pixel there and reincarnate.

kdzHVxe.jpg

I started to make some Space panels for the ride.

eJ0IPUG.jpg

Big and small ones

JIXRvia.jpg

Gassy ones.

PjoWjkS.jpg

In practice panel

jXCSVWQ.jpg

In practice panel

jenlJlK.jpg

In practice panel

tBOBzSX.jpg

;)

PMXDZGg.jpg

Pick here your pixel. Every single one is a galaxy on it own. Retry life and be reseeded in the pixel by choice.

uYPXGdk.jpg

Some building shots

WabSgYY.jpg

5g0JSHF.jpg

And that is the work done I can show up till this moment.
Hope you like it

Supernovae

Roller Poster
Let it go... Let it go.....

I jumped of the ready by Halloween schedule. To many details to be finished yet and it would harm the final outcome of the project. Quality above Quantity I prefer.

A lot of problems with frame rate to solve and I have to come with a better idea for the use of smoke nuzzles to create a heavenly atmosphere in the Heaven section.

Well heaven now is a place on earth. Or better: A place on "Walk on the wild side"

Let me show some pictures.

rjixCtM.jpg

Up to the sky!

z8tpGxg.jpg

Inside the mountain after the fabrics of space section you will be elevated trough the stairs of heaven to the heaven itself.

5etEjEX.jpg

Welcome to Heaven.

iL7AgPl.jpg

239FkV3.jpg

some forced prospective in the back ground.

2nZF3c6.jpg

The "heavenly coaster"

aOCc43h.jpg

nTE7q3y.jpg

0YAzHwC.jpg

FtCb7kg.jpg

Coaster station

View inside of heaven before it will be closed and hidden in the mountain.

oeUNn9z.jpg

cUAnFGx.jpg

In this last shot I deleted the smoke nozzles as they create an 1 fps on-ride experience. Instead I made the ground white and put some floodlights just under the surface. The visual outcome is not that good as with the smoke but it is reasonable enough to keep on going.

Well that's about it for the moment. The heaven will be finished in the coming weeks. Inside triggers screens and other effects optimization will be next. Than still have to finish the exterior of the whole project. This could be an early 2020 ride if I have to estimate.

Thanks for your attention. Any feedback, tips, trick or advise on fps improvement is welcome at the moment.

Supernovae

Roller Poster
Dears, I will stop setting projects finishing dates as It works against my creativity and works as a pressure for me so "Judgmentday" The Ride will be ready as it is announced ready :)

Nevertheless there has a lot been done since last post.

Let me walk you through the changes made in the park.

4OIcn2Q.jpg

The smoke nozzles was killing for the frame rate so I took an otrher approche to the Heavens Section of "Judgmentday".
It will be covered in fluffy static clouds. A lot of items I know but better for the playability than 200 + smoke nozzles.

xxgQKnr.jpg

Final look of the Heaves Section of "Judgmentday".

JLofMSn.jpg

So now the heaven is ready it's time to make the first soft opening for the Heavens Coaster. A ride within a ride. The heaven section of "Judgmentday" is now ready to open for the public.

The "Fabrics of Space and Time" Section has got it's updates too. Placed the fysical engine in to the scene.

C5hNmFa.jpg

"Pick your pixel to "reincarnate" Room with the "engine" of "Space and Time"

So now the most of the actual dark ride of "Judgmentday"The Ride done I focused back to the castle exterior to expend it wildly .
So here the picture we will start from and will be followed by a serie of progress pictures.

kRWvz6l.jpg

New structure is set up for the main centre castle.

DuC7tco.jpg

Rightwing of the Main Centre Castle in place.

yptoPnD.jpg

xrqH4zh.jpg

Main Centre Castle is going up!

KNAnrkt.jpg

Higher and higher, bigger and bigger it grows.

S3Tn48z.jpg

lightplan.

dQO1u5c.jpg

Now the total size of the project comes in sight.

PruwWhr.jpg

More details added.

VCjAekh.jpg

Light plan installed.

m9MUDjy.jpg

And this is the front view of "Judgmentday" The Ride as you walk to it from the mainstreet direction.

M0JfYMV.jpg

The full light plan in place.

g2zodcl.jpg

Stunning view!

MZFzM9b.jpg

Another angle.

oD8QPvu.jpg

Top down view.

JlfeuBi.jpg

And this is about the last screens I shot last week.

l5CPozW.jpg

And here a wide shot of "Walk on the wild side" Themepark in it's total.

So I end this update with some movies I made of the park containg all updates I have done since my last post here. Enjoy! :cool:

Supernovae

Roller Poster
Well, after 19 months of building I declare Judgmentday ready for opening and display.

The scenes inside are ready and the castle is 320 grades round complete finished.
So here we go!

The story: In "Judgmetday the Ride" you will come to a sudden death... and then your creator will judge your time spend in life.
Your creator will give you a tour through the gates he will choose you to fit the most. Heaven or Hell... Who will tell?

And now some park views with the new skyline!

20201128235129_1.jpg

20201128221410_1.jpg

20201128232146_1.jpg

20201128231851_1.jpg

20201128221437_1.jpg

20201129001833_1.jpg

Thank you for your attention.

Hope you liked the ride. It was a 19 months build and I'm going to take a break now for a couple of months.
I'm not sure about the future of "Walk on the wild side" Themepark. Judgmentday took a lot of frame rate and building only possible when on pause.
Maybe I will split it up. Judgemntday as a park on it's own and Walk on the wild side without Judgmentday but more areas to build on.

Anyway. The next months I'm going to fool arround with Cities Skylines and Kerbal and do some smaler Planet coaster workshop items.

So see you all back soon!

Supernovae

Roller Poster
And we are back!

Took a long break due to personal reasons and work hours far beyond normal. But after exploring half of the Kerbal planetairy system I came back to check out on "Walk on the wild side" Themepark.

First I made a decision on how to proceed. And yes Judgmentday and the park will get their seperate ways. I can't improve the frame rate and when Judgmentday comes in sight the frame rate drops beyond boostable levels. Even Cheat engine can't fix this anymore. Judgmentday will continue as a halloween based themepark and will get some updates around halloween.

So now with Judgmentday removed from the park I started with building the next new area. "One night in Bangkok"
This area will contain the Intamin flying island, two other flatrides, Jr Coaster "Dragons Fury" will be rethemed and join the new area. This all we are going to top of with a kick #ss B&M Flying all over the area!

Here I have the park on steam for you to download and explore yourself.
I took out Judgmentday and the crazy mouse coaster as both projects are or removed or not finished yet.
The rest is all in! Predator, Rolling River, Iron stomach, Boulderdash and much more.

Walk on the wild side themepark / park save

First I start building the Fying Island.

R0ZHLHJ.jpg

Temple base section.

GiPLox9.jpg

queline design

Z8wSMiV.jpg

some rapid downwards stream.

Eb3Bp4R.jpg

que details

syQ3WwF.jpg

and here the totalview of the new ride "Pagode"

Jl5Ww80.jpg

and here the totalview by night

Here you can join the opening and first rides with astonishing views over the whole park in day light and darkness.

Next up will be the two flatrides Typhoon and Tuk Tuk.

See you all back agian soon!