What's new

Walibi Belgium | Kondaa | Intamin Mega Coaster | 2021

Benenen

Hyper Poster
When such an established project gets named it's always a bit weird first so don't worry too much what your initial reaction is, it will feel normal soon. I remember when Swarm and Steel Vengeance were named everyone here was all 'wtf is that?' but those names seem fine now they're common parlance. I actually like Kondaa as a name, simple and gets across the theme. Sort of a more aggressive version of Kumba both in theme and name.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
I liked the rumored names 'Mata' and 'Sobek' a little bit more. However, when I heard the names 'Tiki Waka' or 'Psyké Underground' for the first time I wasnt to keen on them either. And I'm used to them now. Maybe it will get better when we know the meaning and story behind it.

The train on the breaks is also unwrapped yesterday. So I truely believe the first testruns will happen very soon. Can't wait to see that!

Enil

Roller Poster
I liked the rumored names 'Mata' and 'Sobek' a little bit more. However, when I heard the names 'Tiki Waka' or 'Psyké Underground' for the first time I wasnt to keen on them either. And I'm used to them now. Maybe it will get better when we know the meaning and story behind it.

The train on the breaks is also unwrapped yesterday. So I truely believe the first testruns will happen very soon. Can't wait to see that!
I do like Kondaa the most out of the three names, it carries the same vibe as Mako and Kumba for me which are great names imo. I didn't like Mata at all and wasn't too keen on Sobek either. (Bonus: Kondaa lends itself to some silly word jokes in Flemish lol)

Ggolt

Roller Poster
Well given the look of the trains I'm rather sure it's just 'Anaconda' but spelt in a way that looks foreign and edgy.

Yes that was my first reaction too and it seems the most logical explanation of course, but this coaster is supposed to be located in a new Africa-area (although they apparently no longer strictly adhere to their original plans anymore). Anaconda's don't live in Africa... But yeah, probably this is the right explanation no matter what so I won't think too much about it anymore.

When such an established project gets named it's always a bit weird first so don't worry too much what your initial reaction is, it will feel normal soon. I remember when Swarm and Steel Vengeance were named everyone here was all 'wtf is that?' but those names seem fine now they're common parlance. I actually like Kondaa as a name, simple and gets across the theme. Sort of a more aggressive version of Kumba both in theme and name.

Personally I preferred Sobek, sounds nice and aggresive and it is a very original name: Kondaa, so basically Anaconda, is a bit 'ordinary' and they already have a coaster named after some sort of snake with Cobra... It's not that it sounds 'weird' to me or anything, I just preferred other names and as various members said as well, in Dutch (my native language as well) 'Kondaa' is pronounced the same as an expression in dialect so that's what bothers me as well.

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
I like a name like this because it's fun hearing all the coaster enthusiasts pronounce it differently. Will people say Kon-duh?
Will they say Kondaaaar?
...or simply The Jawdropping Intamin At Walibi Belgium With The Station That Looks Like Warhammer. That's what I'm calling it. For convenience.

Coasterwaffle

Roller Poster
I just realised that their might be a chance that their wil be a path along the rollercoaster. In the announcement video we saw a path that ran along the coaster and on the second picture we see that their could be a path, it also looks like a path to me. And on the third picture we can see that there is place on the plaza to connect a path to it, it just kida looks like it might happen but I don't know.
And in the beginning of this video you will see which path I am talking about.

Bentleya

Mega Poster
The non inverting roll is starting to bug me a little; from some angles it looks mega and from the angle in the post from @KristofWB - it just looks so drawn out and completely out of place.

I am looking forward to actually riding it and then the aesthetics kind go out of the window then.