What's new

Waldy/K-Wood/MiA/GAm/SFStl PTR- ALL REPORTS UP!

ANYWAY, day three! I didn't take any pictures of this, and Marc already has a PTR up anyway, plus I've already been to the park before so this will be fairly brief.

We got to the park after like a two and a half hour drive from our hotel in Milan, Michigan. We ended up waiting in the parking lot for a little bit, for Marc, Pat and Athena, but eventually, after being farted on multiple times and having all the beef jerky taken from me, we decided to go into the park and nab the kiddie credit first. I still rode it even though I already have the credit, and it's so rough for a kiddie coaster haha, but still fun.

After that, we saw the three stooges come into the park, and we all headed off to Shivering Timbers! I sat in the last car in the second to last row by myself and.. Wow, it sucked. Like, hardcore suck. It was rough and the airtime was very minimal, and I was also not the only person disappointed, so it's not like I was just imagining that it got worse from a few years ago.

Wolverine Wildcat was next, and even though they were only operating one train, the line went by fairly fast and I sat in the front row. Better than I remembered, though nothing to really get excited over!

We saw Thunderhawk was a walkon so we went over to that. I sat with Athena on this and it's still the same SLC I remember from when it was at Geauga Lake.. Fairly smooth, but nothing amazing. I do like the new colour scheme though, as it's not as overpowering as I though it would be when I saw it in pictures. Too bad I can't be a credit whore and count it as a new credit though :p .

I believe we ate pizza after that, which was overpriced, but that doesn't come as a shock really.. I mean, it's park food, what else is to be expected?

Corkscrew was next I believe, and I sat in the back with Marccccc! It had some kickass ejector in the back, and though it's short, it still has an awesome colour scheme and is fairly decent for a corkscrew coaster. The station is ugly as hell though.

Mad Mouse and Zach's Zoomer were the last credits to be gotten by the MiA nooblets, and I think we went to Mad Mouse first. It was better than I remembered it being, and I actually noticed that the cars have cute mice on them <3 But other than that, much like everything at the park, it was mediocre.

Zach's Zoomer was, well, no different than any of the other clones of it that I have ridden :p . They are still really fun rides though, in my opinion.

After that it was time to just chill and reride stuff, so we did Shivering Timbers multiple more times in different seats. It seemed like it was somewhat back to its normal self after sitting in the front seat. It still had great airtime on the way out but almost none on the way back, so let's just say it dropped out of my top ten, though I still like it.

We left the park around 5:30 because we had a fairly long drive to the place we were staying that night. Soo, we said byesss to Marc, Pat, and Athena, and hit the road. We got to our hotel at about ten after stopping at Olive Garden for some delishh food and some BOMB lemonade <3

Next.. SFGAm.

Phewey

Roller Poster
Looks like you enjoyed your day there...But still i cannot see if you like Shivering Timbers or not... :?

^ It use to be in my top five because of how it ran back in 2005, but now after riding it again it's only barely in my top fifteen. Doesn't ride like it use to!

We got to our hotel at about ten or so after eating at Olive Garden, and at this point I was pretty tired, so I just kinda chilled in bed while Jerry was looking at some of his POVs and stuff. Ended up actually sleeping arond 11:30 which wasn't too late considering we got to sleep in the next morning since the park was only three miles away.

So that morning we went downstairs, grabbed a bite to eat (a muffin and yogurt for me, yayy) and hit the road. The weather looked cloudy, but rain wasn't in the forecast, so that was a good thing. We got to the park, paid the admission, went inside, and Jerry showed us his surprise! A free Flashpass for all of us! So as soon as they opened the whole park to everyone, he went to the Flashpass building, and came out with something even better than just a Flashpass.. A six person GOLD Flashpass!

The first ride we went to was Superman, which we ended up waiting about fifteen minutes for after some locker mishaps and stuff. For some reason the ride scared me more than the last time I had gone on a Superman clone, but it was still awesome, though the pretzel loop was not as intense as I remembered. It's still a solid ride for sure though, so I'd give it like a 7/10.

Since the Dark Knight coaster was right next to Superman, we thought we'd just hop on that while we were in the area. I had not heard good things about this ride, but I tried keeping an open mind about it as much as I possibly could. We got pretty much right into the pre-show, which was interesting I guess, despite me not even really knowing a lot about the whole Batman thing. After that, we boarded the train, and the ride itself was fairly mediocre but certainly not as crappy as I had expected. It seemed like they at least made a bit of an effort with the theming anyway. Not my favourite coaster of this type, especially after riding Exterminator, but it was still fun regardless. I'd give it a 6.5/10.

Dark Knight was my 99th coaster, which meant we were off to Raging Bull next for me to get my 100th credit. I don't even know what possessed me to choose this ride, but I did, even though I had heard such terrible things about it. We were boarding the front seat within about ten minutes, and soon enough, were descending the first drop. Let's just say, in the front, the first drop is the only thing this ride has going for it.. The rest seriously sucked, especially after just riding Diamondback last month. I understand it's more of a twister than an airtime coaster, but it just lacked like, everything. So, we decided to give it another chance in the back, and this time, it was a bit better, because it did actually have a few nice pops of ejector. Still not a good coaster by any means, and it didn't even crack my top twenty, but I'd give it a 7/10 I suppose.

Viper was right next to Raging Bull, so we rode that, which once again had a walk into the station. We waited the extra few minutes for the front, and overall I think I was pleasantly surprised with this coaster. It wasn't outstanding, but it definitely was not rough, and had a few nice pops of airtime. I'd give Viper a 7/10.

I can't remember if we rode the Drop Tower before or after Viper, but either way, it was an Intamin second gen so it wasn't the most amazing thing ever, but they're still scary rides. Anything that is a drop tower or even resembles a drop tower is scary to me so, yeah, I screamed, but this time it wasn't my standard triple scream, it was just one long one!

I believe we rode Demon next, which was a literal walkon, and though it's only a corkscrew coaster, it actually has a pretty cool tunnel, and wasn't as rough as some of the other coasters of its type that I have been on. The restraints aren't my favourite, but for what it offers, it is a decent ride. 6.5/10 for Demon!

Then we went over to American Eagle after eating some delicious Panda Express (with a hot guy as the cashier, whch made it that much better) which had I think THE LONGEST QUEUE IN THE HISTORY OF MY LIFE. The actual wait wasn't long, as it was a walk right into the station, but walking through the queue took forever! But, we finally got there and took the middle seat in the back car. I thought it was a pretty average ride, not tons of airtime, but some, and it wasn't that rough, so that was a plus. We then rode the other side, which was the exact same thing obviously, though this time it didn't race because they let the other train go way ahead of us. 6.5/10 for American Eagle.

It was time for Snoo to get his 200th coaster on the original Batman: the Ride! We waited a total of maybe ten to fifteen minutes for the front, which was enough time to realize that the station was definitely better themed than any of the other Batmans. So, we boarded, and we were off. Nothing new, but still the same intense ride as any of the Batman clones are! Surprisingly, these coasters still remain in my top ten. I'd give it an 8/10, because although it is a very short ride, it never lets up until you hit the brakes.

I can't really remember the order of what we did after that too well, but I think we went over to the Vertical Velocity section of the park and rode that. I didn't really like this coaster at all, I mean, it just seemed like a lamer version of Wicked Twister, and it didn't even have the holding brake in the back. I like where it is located in the park though, for some reason I find it very pleasing to the eye. I'd give it like, a 6.5/10 once again (yes, this number seems to be the trend).

Rajin Cajun was next, and it's a pretty standard coaster. We went into the single rider line since the other line looked pretty long, but ended up waiting 10-15 minutes anyway. Again, after riding Exterminator, every other mouse coaster like this is always going to seem lame to me, but I still thought it was good fun despite sitting with two people who I didn't know, haha. I'd give it a 6/10, but it probably would have been higher if I had sat with Jerry, Aidan, and Marcus.

It was now time for Jerry to get his 300th coaster, and Iron Wolf was his choice, so we lined up for the front of that, and within ten minutes, we were riding the first B&M coaster to ever exist! I hadn't heard good things about this coaster, but I had no problems with it at all. I got fairly minimal headbanging, and the layout wasn't anything terrible by any means, so it gets a 7/10.

The second last credit in the park was Spacely Sprocket's Rockets, a cute kiddie coaster themed to the gool ol' Jetsons. Not as good of a coaster as some of the figure eight models and stuff, but it still seemed like it would be a fun one if I were like, ten or so years younger! I guess I'll give it a 4/10, but how do you rate kiddie coasters really? Haha.

Whizzer was the last credit to be had in the park, and it didn't look like anything amazing, but it was actually a really fun ride! It's just really quirky, from the spiral lift to the way you're seated, to the interesting layout. Definitely one of the better coasters in the park in my opinion, so it gets a 7/10.

After this we just rerode some stuff, went on the double decker carousel (my pony was BOMB I don't even care what Aidan and Marcus say, he was a badass), and the observation tower. At about six or seven we went back over to the Southwestern section of the park to start looking for Chris (rollermonkey). We rode Raging Bull a lot more times, and couldn't seem to find Chris anywhere, but just as we were coming off the bull for the last time, Aidan spotted him, so we had a nice "little" chit chat with him for about fourty five minutes.

By this time it was around 9:30 or so, and since we had a fairly long drive to the next hotel, we hit the road (a scary road, with lots of trucks, eugh). Overall, the park was very nice, and though I knew it would be a nice park, it definitely exceeded my expectations. Certainly does not hold true to the "Six Flags crappy atmosphere and bad employees" stereotype, and they have a good selection of rides. We stopped at Wendy's on the way back, and surprisingly, none of us fell asleep until the last ten or twenty minutes before we actually got the hotel. When we got there we watched some Star Trek and pretty much the funniest coincidence ever when the Mighty Ducks came on TV LOL.. For those of you reading this, everyone was saying I walked like a duck all week, and were going "quack, quack, quack" at me, and then as we were flicking through channels in the hotel room, the Mighty Ducks came on and started saying that, so it was pretty funny. We went to bed around two or so, and sadly we were to have an early morning so we didn't get too much sleep.. But the next and last park for me of the trip was to be Six Flags St. Louis, a park I didn't know too much about..

PICTURES- Again, not the best quality but, you get the idea.

DCFC0002-18.jpg

Our hotel

DCFC0001-37.jpg

Random of Aidan, Marcus (HA at your crow shirt :p), and Jerry before they opened the entire park.

DCFC0001-38.jpg

Me and Aidypoo <3

DCFC0001-39.jpg

Scary observation tower

DCFC0001-40.jpg

Dark Knight Exterior

DCFC0001-41.jpg

OMG it's the Southwest Territory where my 100th coaster lives!

DCFC0001-45.jpg

And here she is!

DCFC0001-43.jpg

Crappy sky + crappy camera= crappy pics

DCFC0001-46.jpg

Raging Bull, despite being crappy, still looks absolutely fantastic next to the midway

DCFC0001-48.jpg

Some Demon lifthillage

DCFC0001-47.jpg

Viper, a pleasant surprise!

DCFC0001-50.jpg

YAY a Canadian section of the park!

DCFC0002-20.jpg

Them.. Fighting I think?

DCFC0002-21.jpg

Drop tower!

DCFC0002-25.jpg

American Eagle

DCFC0002-28.jpg

Some Spacely Sprocket Rocket goodness.

DCFC0002-27.jpg

DCFC0002-26.jpg

Some sideways coaster picture goodness (my computer isn't allowing me to rotate for some reason)

DCFC0003-7.jpg

DCFC0005.jpg

The atmosphere in this park was nice

DCFC0004-9.jpg

Camp Cartoon, yayyy!

DCFC0003-6.jpg

Some Marcus'y goodness

DCFC0001-53.jpg

His 200th coaster.. Obviously the one at SFStl was better ;)

DCFC0001-54.jpg

Aww!

DCFC0001-57.jpg

SnooSnoo and Aidypoo!

DCFC0001-51.jpg

Some sideways Vertical Velocity-ness

^ You mean the second to last picture? Unless somehow Vertical Velocity was transferred to St Louis? Therefore you're EQUAL levels of fail.

P.S.- 950 to likeee, 200.

We all know that the only shooting game that REALLY matters is the one at Kings Island.. It's a well known fact :)

Sooo, the last day of the trip for me included a visit to Six Flags St. Louis!

That morning we had to get up early since the park was still about a two hour drive away, so we got up and got ready, and soon enough we were out the door (but not before grabbing a little snack from the free breakfast counter). About an hour and a half later, we saw St. Louis and the famous arches, as well as taking a wrong turn and ending up right next to Cardinal Stadium. We figured we were close to the park since, you know, we were in St. Louis after all, which is the namesake of that particular Six Flags park, but it wasn't until about half an hour later that we actually got our first view of the coasters!

When we got there, the skies had gotten significantly more clear and a lot less rainy than it was on the way there (yes, we had a big storm), but the good thing about this was that the parking lot was very empty. Sure, a few rows of cars were filled, but not enough to warrant long lines at any point throughout the day.

Batman would be the first coaster of the day, so we headed there and walked through one of the longest queues I have ever walked through in my entire life (we even took a wrong turn in the line, that's how retarded it was). The line was only into the station, so it was basically a walk on, but we waited the extra few minutes for the front and soon enough we were boarding the only mirrored Batman clone. Personally, although my fellow CFers have strongly disagreed with me, I thought this was one of the better Batmans because for some reason it felt more intense. I rate them all pretty much the same though, but as far as intensity goes, I was seeing those spots significantly more than I did on the other two Batman clones I had been on. I'd give Batman a 9/10.

We decided to go to Evel Knievel next, to avoid any "long lines" that might form throughout the day. We took the front seat, which was almost a walk-on, and were seriously not expecting much at all, especially after the disappointment of Rumbler back in June. This ride totally surprised all of us! It was really good fun, awesome turns, good airtime, and just a very rerideable coaster in general. Not a top ten for any of us I don't think, but it made my top fifteen just under Steel Phantom. Sucks that Evel died right after the coaster's dedication took place though.. However, that aside, the coaster itself gets a 8/10.

I can't really remember what we rode next, but I'm pretty sure it was Mr. Freeze. Now, I have ALWAYS liked the looks of this coaster, I have no idea why, but anyway, this was a walkon, though as usual, we waited the extra ten or so minutes for the front seat. I was really excited about this, too, because the transfer track was constantly going back and forth, yay! Anyway, the launch was nothing exciting, but it was fast enough, but the inverted top hat was really cool. I really enjoyed going backwards, as it had some nice forces, but overall I just thought the ride was really fun, as could be seen from my clapping when I got back into the station :p . I regret not riding it again, but from my one ride I'd give it a 7/10 and it stands right on the bottom of my top twenty coasters.

Earlier on, Jerry had spotted a strange looking flat ride pretty close to Mr. Freeze, so we went to that next. I didn't even like the looks of it because I'm not a huge fan of spin and pukes, and I could tell this would make me feel disgusting. Marcus didn't even ride it, which was probably smart on his part, but eventually the ride started and from beginning to end it just made me feel like crap. Very neat looking ride, but absolutely not something I would go on again. 5/10 for this ride, only because it looks cool. For actual ride experience it gets maybe a 2/10 at the most.

We got a little something to drink after the flat ride of doom, because it was so damn humid out. I got a lemonade, which, I just have to clarify, DID NOT taste like ass. Whatever drink Aidan got was definitely better though.

Tony Hawk's Big Spin was right there, so we got in line for that and once again, waited about ten minutes for it. This was way better than the spinning coaster at Waldameer, because it actually spun quite a bit. It made me pretty dizzy, but overall it was a pretty fun coaster which Jerry best post the video of :) . I'd say it gets a 6.5/10, as it's nothing I would reride since it would probably make me nauseas after the second go.

Boss was next.. A coaster that looks awesome, but really wasn't all too fantastic. It had yet another gigantic queue line (it seriously took longer to walk through half the queues in the park than it did to actually get on the coaster once we were in line), but was a five or so minute wait for the front row where me and Jerry sat. Aidan and Marcus grabbed the back, which they'd later regret. I had no idea what to expect from this coaster, so when we went down the first drop, hit the straightaway, and saw another drop right after it, I had a pretty interesting reaction which again will be seen in Jerry's video. The ride itself was fun, nothing really special, but just okay. Later when we rode in the second seat though, it ended up being very rough, and not quite as fun, but we had a decent laugh so I'll give it a 7/10 just for kicks, and for the straightaway after the first drop.

Screamin' Eagle was next on the agenda, and once again, was a walk on. I sat in the very back, and I didn't really enjoy this coaster at all. I heard okay things about it, and maybe it was where I sat, but I got a minimal amount of airtime and a lot of roughness. The ride operator liked my piercings though, so I suppose I can be generous and give it a 6/10.

The drop tower wasn't working unfortunately, so we went over to the chute-the-chute ride where we just waited for the boats to come down a few times in order to get a little mist. Well, we got kicked off the bridge for like, no reason, so it ended up that we kind of didn't get wet at all, so we headed to River King Mine Train.

I dunno what to say about the mine train other than it was average. It was better than Cedar Creek Mine Ride, and the old peachy ride operator at the top of the first lift was adorable, but the actual layout was a bit stupid, and it had three lift hills instead of the usual two on other mine trains I have been on. I liked the little drop in the dark though, so overall I'd give it 5/10 for the actual ride, but 5.5/10 because of the peachy operator.

We were getting a little hungry at this point and couldn't choose between a few restaurants (yes, we're a very decisive bunch), so we flipped a coin and ended up going to some random chicken place. I got wings of fire, as did Aidan, but Jerry and Marcus ordered seriously whack chicken that tasted like poop. The fries were good though, but they both ended up not eating much of their food, so me and Aidan, being the very generous people we are, shared our wings with them. The wings were pretty intense though, and I can't even lie, my mouth was pretty hot after I ate them.

Ninja was the last credit to be had in the park, and I actually liked it. I heard bad things about Ninja, people saying it's super rough and all that, but I didn't think it was rough at all, and the headchopper under the lift hill was a cool surprise! Nothing spectacular, but certainly not as bad as I expected, so 6.5/10.

After this I believe we rerode Batman a few times, which was awesome as usual except for the fact that I got pushed into the water jets at the exit. RUDE! We also went on the Ferris Wheel, which I hated just like any other Ferris Wheel, but this one wasn't as bad because although it's high, the "dongolas" had a cage surrounding them.

Jerry and Aidan rode the train after this, so me and Marcus went over to Evel Knievel, which we rode multiple times, sat down and rested, and rode multiple more times until finally we reunited with Jerry and Aidan. After we were reunited, guess what we did? We rode EK more until we decided to go over to Scooby's Haunted Swamp.. The WORST shooter in the history of ever. Let me give you a little background info about shooters:

Once upon a time, at Kings Island amusement park, there was a Scooby Doo shooter. This one girl, named Taylor, kicked butt at it and got the highest score in the entire group. She gloated and rubbed it in people's faces that her score was higher. Her fellow park-mates vowed that one day they would get their revenge (okay, slight exaggeration).

Anyway, the shooter here was about a ten or so minute wait, and soon enough we got on our little boatski. This shooter was really cool, but was clearly whack because, well, first of all I got sprayed by water thanks to Aidan, and second of all, well, my gun was clearly defective since I lost 19,000 to twenty some thousand, to 35,000. CLEARLY something went wrong with my shooter skills, so my lovely group decided to rub it in my face that they won and I lost, and I'll probably never live that down :( .

We finished off the day with a few more rides on Evel K, for a total of fifteen rides for me and Marcus, and a few less for Jerry and Aidan.

As for the park as a whole, it was a very nice park much to everyone's surprise! Decent atmosphere, nice landscaping, fairly good rides, and though they're not much to write home about with the exception of Evel Knievel, it made for a fun day!

After we left the park, we got free Starbursts (which I had the open for the incompetant Aidan and Marcus), went to Jack in the Box, and then left to the bus station in St. Louis where I was to be dropped off. It was really sad, as usual, and yes, tears did form.. But it's not because I'm a crybaby, it's just because you guys are soo awesome! Then eventually the bus left right on time, at 10:10 PM, and sixteen hours later at 2:00 PM the next day, I arrived back in Windsor.. :(

AWESOME TRIP GUYS, THANKSSS AGAIN FOR MAKING IT POSSIBLES! <3

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Sounds like a great way to end the day. I'm surprised to hear about Screamin' Eagle though. That ride looks like an airtime machine, but I guess not. At least Evel Knevel was a hit with you guys.

^ Well, I don't think the back was the best place to sit because the roughness kind of overpowered any kind of airtime we got. Marcus said he got airtime though, so it might have been where we were sitting, like I said.

But it was pretty much on par with American Eagle, which I didn't get that much airtime on either :p .