What's new

Voyager (Mack Multi-launch) Very WIP

Archie

Mega Poster
This is Voyager. Its Mack Multi-launch. It is my first NL2 project so it will not be perfect as I'm still learning the software.
I wanted to build a roller coaster that combined my interest in space with my love of roller coasters. so I decided to name and theme it after a spacecraft that was launched on September 5, 1977 and is currently one of only five man-made objects ever to enter interstellar space (interstellar space without getting technical is anything outside the the solar system).

Here are a few screenshots of the early progress.
I hope you like it.

20211027230015_1.jpg20211027222745_1.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I love the ambition of the quadruple interlocking corkscrews, but I think that trackwork might need another few passes before it's ridable!

I'd suggest maybe stretching them out a bit first, they look awfully tight.

Archie

Mega Poster
I love the ambition of the quadruple interlocking corkscrews, but I think that trackwork might need another few passes before it's ridable!

I'd suggest maybe stretching them out a bit first, they look awfully tight.
Thanks for your advice, the corkscrews have been stretched and I am smoothing out the trackwork.

Dan?

Roller Poster
Take a look at how Mack support their coasters IRL, it doesn't look like you've accurately replicated their style. As for the layout itself, parts of it need to be tightened up, other parts need to be loosened up, and I'd even say some parts need to go entirely - those corkscrews aren't something I'd ever expect Mack to do on a ride. Furthermore, I'd suggest studying the shaping and style of these coasters religiously, as it does look very overscaled at the moment and doesn't really bear much semblance to existing Mack models.

launchcoaster_gallery_5.jpg

CopperheadStrike2.JPG

Archie

Mega Poster
Take a look at how Mack support their coasters IRL, it doesn't look like you've accurately replicated their style. As for the layout itself, parts of it need to be tightened up, other parts need to be loosened up, and I'd even say some parts need to go entirely - those corkscrews aren't something I'd ever expect Mack to do on a ride. Furthermore, I'd suggest studying the shaping and style of these coasters religiously, as it does look very overscaled at the moment and doesn't really bear much semblance to existing Mack models.

launchcoaster_gallery_5.jpg

CopperheadStrike2.JPG
thanks for your suggestions, i will rethink the supports as i just did them at random at first and the track layout has been overhauled