What's new

Vidam Park bankrupt, to close...

Darren B

Giga Poster
^i know that was the idea when they planned to close their doors last November, wasn't sure if that was still the case this year?

As for a new theme park in Budapest, they need substance if that's going to happen, Vidampark is clearly struggling because they can't pull in the numbers, and haven't put in ANY effort to correct that problem. I'm pretty sure the Hungarians are no different to the British, Americans, Germans etc, offer them a decent park with a few good coasters and they'll be there in a shot!

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
I went back in 2004 and had a great time. One of the best run Huss Condor's I've ridden. Also back when they had the Looping Star, it was my first of that model. I also liked the woodie a lot and their odd ferris wheel.

Mike

Giga Poster
insanecoastervids said:
Never heard of this park.

Then why comment? Do you actually EVER contribute to a discussion? I've only seen you write spammy crap on here really.

Shame to see such a historic park go, but from the sound of it it's been allowed to become a bit of a dump anyway.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Apparently, the neighboring zoo has acquired most of the land and a couple of the rides, including the coaster, are designated historic sites and will continue to operate.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^The indoor carousel thing will be another one. I can't think of anything else there other than that and the coaster which isn't just a modern traveling ride plonked on a bit of concrete.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
The article in today's AT was badly translated from Hungarian, but I think there were three items that were designated. I don't remember if the other one was a ride or a structure...

Darren B

Giga Poster
^I'm betting the water ride that travels in and around the woodie will be kept, it's an original ride and was extremely popular with the crowds.