What's new

Vialand | Nefeskesen | Intamin LSM

andrus

Giga Poster
Re: Vialand | "Unknown" | Intamin LSM

Does anybody know why these Intamin LSM coasters use such short trains (assuming this one will get 3 cars as well)? All recent installations (iSpeed, Cheetah Hunt, Maverick) have used short trains. My theory is that a shorter train requires less power to launch and hence minimize spikes in the electric power grid. Or could there perhaps be another explenation? I can't see any element in either of the layouts mentioned above that would require a shorter train.

I know the theoretical capacity is supposed to be rather high, but in reality (with loading delays etc) it's a different story. At both of my visits to Mirabilandia the queue for iSpeed have been ~1 hour while it was walk on for Katun. A 5 or 6 car train would've drastically improved the capacity!

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster

Some new pictures...

SIHwZ3X.jpg

RdujvhO.jpg

st1EOjC.jpg

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

andrus said:
Does anybody know why these Intamin LSM coasters use such short trains (assuming this one will get 3 cars as well)? All recent installations (iSpeed, Cheetah Hunt, Maverick) have used short trains. My theory is that a shorter train requires less power to launch and hence minimize spikes in the electric power grid. Or could there perhaps be another explenation? I can't see any element in either of the layouts mentioned above that would require a shorter train.

I'm pretty sure that most of the newer LSM coasters use banks of capacitors store electricity between launches to level out the draw on the grid. I think that was one of the big lessons learned from Superman at MM and Batman and Robin at 6FGAdv.

Ethan

Strata Poster

I think the short trains are so that they don't lose as much speed? And therefore there isn't hangtime on the tophats, and the radius of the tops of the drops (Maverick) can be smaller because the backs seats won't be too far behind?

Just my theory haha.

bob_3_

Giga Poster

The two intamins look amazing actually! The family one looks like a slightly more intense thirteen's-first-half. And this one looks like it combined a few top elemts. I mean that air-time-hill.

Idlewild

Mega Poster

Ethan said:
I think the short trains are so that they don't lose as much speed? And therefore there isn't hangtime on the tophats, and the radius of the tops of the drops (Maverick) can be smaller because the backs seats won't be too far behind?

Just my theory haha.

Nope you got it the wrong way round, heavier trains lose less speed. Your kinda right about smaller trains allowing tighter a radius, that's because forces on the front and rear of a train are higher than the middle.

But it's almost certainly because it uses less energy to launch a short train, meaning the launch can be faster and use cheaper equipment.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Anybody have any updated news on this bad boy? Looking to head out to Turkey late September time and would love the rides to all be open <3

Lofty

CF Legend
Well, it's testing. These were shot on the 28th December. So by September, I'm sure it'll all be running.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kmrcocx4_V4[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mHrfsWT_hs[/youtube]

peep

CF Legend
That looks awesome. Hmm, now when to fit in a trip to Turkey ;)

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

_koppen

Hyper Poster
Intamin have now put this park project up on their website.

Looks like this ride, just like Cheetah Hunt, was scaled back a little bit to fit the family audience better.

bmac

Giga Poster
Looks like a cross between Cheetah Hunt and iSpeed really. Has the top hat akin to iSpeed, and everything after the immelmann reminds me sort of what Cheetah Hunt does.