What's new

Vekoma testing something new ? (at their testing facility)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
This needs a turntable like Fury at Bobbejaanland, let riders choose backwards or forwards, riding that tilt backwards would be a very weird experience especially on the back row. (Or front row I guess if it's backwards?)
Thanks mate, was just a little bit sick in the back of my mouth.

:D

MrRC

Mega Poster
This needs a turntable like Fury at Bobbejaanland, let riders choose backwards or forwards, riding that tilt backwards would be a very weird experience especially on the back row. (Or front row I guess if it's backwards?)
U have to keep in mind this is an 5 or 6 coach train. That would need a very large turntable.

Thats nothing for Vekoma

I can only think of they use the GotG CR trains that can rotate 360 degr , no need for turntable.
They can set it on random , forward or backwards. So it will be a surprise when u on the tilt element.
Just before the train will enter the tilt section the trains do rotate o_O:eek:o_O

Dar

Hyper Poster
Just have the tilt be able to tilt forward or backwards! A fast switch at the bottom to connect both options to the same layout and bob's your mum's brother

MrRC

Mega Poster
The family "Dummie" has still no access to the train. 😂

EDIT : Same on Sept 17th.

Last edited:

Changa

Mega Poster
Neat!

Though its just occurred to me that they surely could operate this just by gravity? By having the car sit further forwards on the track, it'll topple the track to vertical. Then if the track itself is naturally weighted towards the back, it can then "fall" to horizontal once the train leaves! All that you would need to do is add brakes to moderate the speed & keep the track stable when locking into place.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Though its just occurred to me that they surely could operate this just by gravity? By having the car sit further forwards on the track, it'll topple the track to vertical. Then if the track itself is naturally weighted towards the back, it can then "fall" to horizontal once the train leaves! All that you would need to do is add brakes to moderate the speed & keep the track stable when locking into place.
There's probably some fail-safe stuff to consider here. You would probably want the system to always 'balance' to the horizontal position, so that you wouldn't have to work too hard to initiate a rescue should you need to.

Most of that could probably be solved fairly easily with backup power these days, mind.

MrRC

Mega Poster
Neat!

No, thats not possible, due the load on the train. U have to weigh the passengers and place them in the correct seat.
And ALL seats have to be filled, not disturb the balance.

Thats not the way how its gonna work.