What's new

Vekoma testing something new ? (at their testing facility)

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
I was by the factory yesterday and thought I'd take some of the weight off of @MrRC 's shoulders and post a couple of shots.
It looked really cool in person and especially in the gorgeous Dutch weather. Quite a bit of track can also be spotted.
But as can be seen from the second photo, they're probably not planning on releasing the drop mechanism on this one anytime soon!

280591005_4329767757126238_6996443244706650478_n.jpg

280873175_4329767513792929_3052237343033711032_n.jpg

280750546_4329767493792931_1559164272394031148_n.jpg

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
@MrRC Giving us amazing updates from the very start, right back to mud and 'poles.'

Whilst all around laughed, he soldiered on, as he knew this was going to be big, and suspected the new tilt... Now suddenly everyone else wants a piece of the action!!! 🙈🤣

I'll say it again. thanks MrRC for your commitment to bringing us almost constant updates on this, given there's a small chance it's going to one of my regular haunts, I very much appreciate it. (And thanks to the others joining in now too. :) )

This is going to make one hell of goony talking point... For starters I can't wait to find out all of the systems that have changed and been updated vs the original tilts. (Oh man, I am getting depressingly boring!)

ricky coasters

Roller Poster
I gotta doubt they'll put a train till they put track under brotha! Not sure if they have, only way to find out might be updated satellite imagery or peeping over the fence
Also like others have said, thanks for keeping us updated @MrRC !

cookie

Giga Poster
Did a quick visit today May 22nd 2022

Still no train on track.

Nothing much changed.
I was just thinking, shouldn’t they be further along with testing this by now? There’s four (!) of these scheduled to open next year, and I’d wager ground work should start on some of them within a couple of months. They’re not allowing much wiggle room in case something goes wrong with the prototype.

The_bullgod

Mega Poster
There’s four (!) of these scheduled to open next year
Hmmmm, yes there are four new Vekoma tiltcoasters planned, but not all of them are confirmed yet for opening in 2023.
Vekoma has only annouched they have sold four

Opening in 2023? COTAland official YES, Energylandia inofficial YES, Six Flags Qiddiya still unknown and the fourth coaster location and opening date still unknown.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Hmmmm, yes there are four new Vekoma tiltcoasters planned, but not all of them are confirmed yet for opening in 2023.
Vekoma has only annouched they have sold four

Opening in 2023? COTAland official YES, Energylandia inofficial YES, Six Flags Qiddiya still unknown and the fourth coaster location and opening date still unknown.
Doubt Energylandia's will open next year. They don't look to be that close to finishing Sweet Valley yet. Could be wrong though, you never know with them do you. 🙈 🤣

The_bullgod

Mega Poster
Doubt Energylandia's will open next year. They don't look to be that close to finishing Sweet Valley yet. Could be wrong though, you never know with them do you. 🙈 🤣
Energylandia can still surprise you. I haven't seen any construction work near Zadra yet, but when the park can open a new coaster at the end of summer 2023, they will do that.
By the way, I haven't seen any recent photo's of COTAland itself. Did the park already start construction for Circuit Breaker?
I think they will go for an opening just before the Formula 1 grandprix, which is 23 october.

MrRC

Mega Poster
Did the park already start construction for Circuit Breaker?
I think they will go for an opening just before the Formula 1 grandprix, which is 23 october.
That will be in 2023. So keep your eyes to the screen the next time F1 is in Austin, if we can spot any construction.

Christian

Hyper Poster
Most of these tilt coasters are just like any other Vekoma coaster. In theory the park can already assemble all of the track and do the theming without the tower itself being ready in order to get the construction done faster. Then when the tower is ready then just build that. Even for 2023 openings Vekoma has almost a year on them to finish the tower construction and testing while the parks can already start assembling the rest of the coaster.