What's new

Vekoma Rides - Do you like them?

Screaming Coasters said:
Mike said:
dj-fireball999 said:
Mike said:
They also made Vampire
All Disney Vekomas (with the exception of Space Mountain: Mission 2)= Excellent.

What's wrong with Space Mountain?

It's slow, rough and boring.

Pretty much the story of your sex life...

I actually Love Vekoma for the simple fact that they are not scared to try out new things. oh, and Big Thunder Mountain <3

I agree. I actually wish that Jubilee Odyssey, Kumali or Infusion would adopt the new style SLC restraints as they look amazing!

I actually kind of wish we had more of the unusual Vekoma riders here in the UK for example, the Tilt Coaster - all our Vekomas have bigger and better rivals - mainly from B&M! :(

I suppose their biggest downfall is that they have had their fair share of Epic Fails with regards to rides! It's actually kind of funny as well that Millenium Coaster @ Fantasy Island is dead smooth - yet dead boring layout! Thoughm I suppose if you can made a smooth bit of track rough then you definetly know yah can't build a good coaster! lol

I like them especially their wooden coasters. They have made some fantastic ones like Thunder Coaster, Loup Garou and Robin Hood. They have that unique feel and that out of control feeling which I like.

The only steel coaster from them I like is JO which is amazing. The bog standard SLC's are okay but its the roughness which lets them down and seems to tarnish the Vekoma name.

Overall I think they have produced a good range of coasters.

I agree. I actually wish that Jubilee Odyssey, Kumali or Infusion would adopt the new style SLC restraints as they look amazing!

I actually kind of wish we had more of the unusual Vekoma riders here in the UK for example, the Tilt Coaster - all our Vekomas have bigger and better rivals - mainly from B&M! :(

I suppose their biggest downfall is that they have had their fair share of Epic Fails with regards to rides! It's actually kind of funny as well that Millenium Coaster @ Fantasy Island is dead smooth - yet dead boring layout! Thoughm I suppose if you can made a smooth bit of track rough then you definetly know yah can't build a good coaster! lol

I would also really like to see more of their "unusual" coasters in the UK. Really want to try a tilt coaster, or a Flying Dutchman, GIB, Invertigo, etc. All there is here are SLC's, Corkscrew, Boomerangs and juniors.

I forgot to add I like their woodies too. Well, Robin Hood which is the only one I've done. It wasn't amazing or anything, I'd rate it around about the "average" CCIs (say, how Stampida USED to be), but, it was good fun with some nice pops of airtime.

Trains are comfy as hell too.

My favourite Vekoma ride is Expedition Everest, although they could have made the big drop out of the mountain a bit steeper :p .

Other good rides by them are Velocity and I liked Kumali as it wasn't as rough as Infusion (only 2 SLCs I've been on), Wipeout I also enjoy, and from a professional point of view, I'm told it's not as rough as others out there, plus Alton's Corkscrew was fun, not to be said about Corkscrew at Flamingo Land (AKA The Bruiser).

Vekoma is decent, and certainly not as bad as everyone always says they are. Even like, the Boomerangs and such; not terribly rough as people say, and are actually half decent rides.

They have also made Big Thunder Mountain, which is undoubtedly a good ride.

[quoet]It's slow, rough and boring.

Pretty much the story of your sex life... [/quote]

LOLLLLLLLLLLLl

I like a lot of Vekoma rides, not the SLCs though, because of the ridiculously close to your head restraints, but most others I fin don't bother me.

Apart from Corkscrew at Flamingo Land. Never again.

I don't hate Vekoma, I just dislike them quite a bit.

Hate is something only The Villain falls into.

I loved the rock n rollercoaster at disney and i liked corckscrew at Alton, Infusion wasn’t to bad the only Vekoma i didn’t like was the missile at American Adventure i never suffer from this rough thing that people always moan about but that was the only ride i have been on that i felt was to rough for me.

enjoyable

All of the Vekomas I have ridden were quite enjoyable.[/b]

I really enjoy the Disney Vekomas, though this may be because the theming and storyline distracts from the pain.

SLCs are obviously death in steel form and honourable mentions also go to Corkscrew at Flamingoland which quite literally attempted to remove my head from my shoulders. I can't say that I'd happily re-ride any big Vekoma coaster other than the Disney ones, just because I find them uninteresting and just plan painful.

caffeine_demon said:
surprised noone's mentioned colorado adventure (aka the micheal jackson thrill ride) yet - pure awesome!
That ride rocks big time! Love it <3 I have to say that I find Vekomas as rather good coasters. I like SLC's and I like their loopers (at least Big Loop at HP, the only one I've been on). I guess that my length prevents me from the headbanging many people have :)