What's new

Valley of the Spirits - [B&M Duo RLRides] - DOWNLOAD NOW

bob_3_

Giga Poster
201019-1.png

Not much new here apart from planting, but alot more has been done behind this camera. I hope to give this project a release date soon, really really excited to let everyone walk round.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
This looks magnificent. Big kudos to both of you for doing this. :)

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Ha thanks Hixie, Jay has worked SO hard the past week and its coming together into something really special imo. Soundtrack is in now giving the area a real park vibe.

Anyway, as promised, a first look at Ikuchi's area. A small fishing village, plagued by the demon

201019-4.jpg

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Sorry to spam, but Jay has now completed Yokai's queue meaning the invert is now near finished =) on track for release.

Yokai's station from the queue
201112-4.jpg

The Nemesis inspired part of the queue overlooking the area
201112-5.jpg

Just inside the queue from the rides entrance, a fly-by of the final helix
201112-3.jpg

The "wild garden" area in yokai's finale just outside the castle walls.
201112-2.jpg

Overview of the queue's overflow at dusk
201112-6.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
3. Decency
a. CoasterForce only wants open minded and decent people posting on the forums. You agree to not use CoasterForce to submit or link to any content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws.

;)

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Haha... Sorry Hixee...

But Jay finished the Ikuchi's queueline, I've just been landscaping and dressing... Might stop these updates now till release, dont wanna give too much away.

201112-9.jpg

bob_3_

Giga Poster
valley-loadv5.jpg

Background-

Welcome to Valley of the Spirits, home to Yokai and Ikuchi. Yokai is a B&M Invert names after the Japanese spirits that reside in the nearby castle. Ikuchi is a hyper coaster names after the water yokai that was said to sink the ships from the local fishing village.

Design -

I initially designed Yokai as an experiment in new gen B&M track design. I wanted to capture the floaty yet powerful nature of Banshee and Oziris. Ikuchi was actually not meant to be in the park but actually slotted perfectly into the park and that sparked the idea to create an experience that combined the two. Jay from Parkscape Design came onboard with the concept and we worked together to try and intergrate the rides today so they complimented each other but also stood on their own. It's been a delicate balance that has been alot of hard work but overall I'm happy we've created an experience that caters to B&M fans.

Yokai Elements-
Vertical Loop
Dive Loop
Zero-G Roll
Cutback
Stall Turn
Wingover
Figure 8 Finale

Ikuchi Elements-
Air-time Hill
Hammerhead
Air-Time Hill
Fountain Run
Air-Time Hill
Speed Hill
Mini Orion Stall
MCBR
Turn Around
Finale Helix

Notes-

This park is dedicated to my friend Olly who loved my work and gave me the enthusiasm I needed to see the project through. I hope you enjoy it wherever you are <3

Credits-
Everyone on discord for putting up with my update spam and helping with the layouts and shaping thank you all

The Code Master - Ikuchi's Trains and updated foliage

SirMaverick34 - Yokai's trains

WolfRaging95 - Lift Motor Invert and Standard

Plantoris Park Pack - Coaster Accessories

Andre for all your support over the years

THANK YOU FOR DOWNLOADING AND ENJOY (let me know what you think too, and which ride you rode first)

201113-3.jpg

Last edited:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I haven't had chance to power up the PC yet since you posted these - I'm holding off watching the POVs as I want the full experience in the sim myself.

Looking forward to trying this.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Okay, had the chance to download and explore this properly now.

Oh it's magical.

Some comments on each element of this.

Yokai
Two stand-out elements of this coaster to me were the Immelmann (notice you've called that a cutback in your elements list?) and the wingover into the helix. Adored the glide out over the water on the Immelmann, and the shaping of the wingover is what I hope all B&M's are like.

Trackwork, supports, extra elements (noticed the sensors, little extra details on the lift hill, etc), were all stunning, of course.

I liked the theming too. The station building was impressive, and beautiful. It was particularly cool setting with the entrance plaza and the coaster(s) just surrounding you.

Ikuchi
Another magnificent coaster. Truthfully nothing picked out as a particular stand-out part, but as a complete package this was great. I loved how the first section minced around with Yokai, and then of course the sideways hill and twisty end.

As above, and almost need not be said, but the actual 'build' of this was to the same high standard I would expect from you.

Whilst the building for Yokai is more imposing and probably the better station, the queue for Ikuchi wins for me. I particularly loved the path scooting round the lake away from everything. A very different feel of station building, and it worked well.

Land
Ran out of ideas of what to call this, but using this to encompass everything that's 'not the creds'. Walking through the entrance archway and hearing the music fade in was brilliant, and I loved the music carried on (fading in and out as you moved around) throughout the park.

All of the theming details in the shops/loos/stations etc was impeccable, and I only noticed at the end of walking around that there was the lower area by the water.

I bet with a few restaurants and a bar down by the water this'd be a quality place to spend an afternoon.

Good god I want this to exist.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
^ Thanks Hixee =) Glad you enjoyed it. Me and Jay have put alot into this.

Also, I called it a cutback as it's kinda shaped to leave he element more to a 90 degrees to the entry, and to troll a little. I find it strange how you enjoyed that element and the wingover the most as I thought they were the parts that would not gel with people due to how new gen I did the shaping.

I've put together the area soundtrack for anyone to listen here. I feel it's better when you have coasters flying around too, but if you dont have NL this might give you an impression of the atmosphere (I hope to do a full walk around video sometime, but I'm tired)

Last edited:

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Final thing to post, some off ride shots =) [This melted my mac...I really need an upgrade]. Time to think about the next project.