What's new

USF to add 2017 ride themed around... Jimmy Fallon?

Ben

CF Legend
Crazycoaster said:
This is more of a ride presented by Jimmy Fallon, than a Jimmy Fallon the ride. In the same way that Christopher Walken presented Disaster, and Judi Dench presents Spaceship Earth.

Not really, since neither of those have their names in the title or advertising.

More like Ellen's Energy Adventure or whatever is but that's ok cause Ellen is fab.

Also how do people outside of America not know who he is. I've never seen the show but I'm aware enough of pop culture to know who he is.

TommyAlex

Mega Poster
Crazycoaster said:
This is more of a ride presented by Jimmy Fallon, than a Jimmy Fallon the ride. In the same way that Christopher Walken presented Disaster, and Judi Dench presents Spaceship Earth.

There's a difference between that and this - those rides have celebrities PRESENTING them. This is a ride based around Jimmy Fallon and his show.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
It's not really based around Jimmy Falon though is it. Jimmy Falon is just the presenter of the show, it's not about him in any way. It's not a ride based on his life or anything to do with him in particular. He's just the presenter.

From the sound of it, it's based on a segment on the JF Show:

"The attraction will be themed around the “outrageous celebrity races” that take place from time to time on Jimmy’s version of The Tonight Show. As guests, you’ll make your way into the experience from the park’s New York street sets and into Studios 6B to attend this “very special taping” of the show where Jimmy challenges the audience to the ultimate race through the streets (and skies) of New York City."

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
So it's essentially Ellen's Energy Adventure, but with Jimmy Fallon, and instead of going to the Prehistoric Era, you go through NYC.

I can see what both sides are saying. It's based off of Jimmy Fallon, but it's not about him entirely.

And I can see the ride being like Soarin', where you enter through a representation of Studio 6B, they make it so that in a preshow, you start watching the 'special show'. During the show, Jimmy will tell the audience about the race thing, and you'll then go into the room with the actual ride, and you go from there, in a race through NYC.

Edward M

Strata Poster
GuyWithAStick said:
^Is he really that bad? Worse than the Kardashians?
At least the Kardashians can be funny.

I see it being most similar to that crap Shrek London Adventure where Fallon takes you through footage of New York and makes bad jokes. Probably just another filler attraction to take some of the heat off of the new Fast and Furious and Potter. Twister was taking in no audience so bring in a relatively well known and easy accessible celebrity to do a city tour ride.

Lofty

CF Legend
That building is TINY in comparison to the other 'moving' dark rides in USF - it's around a third the size of Forbidden Journey.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
You'll all be thrilled to know that promotional art has been released.
CvVHk1zXgAAKx5v.jpg

While I don't think it'll be dreadful, I think it'll be another simulator where we're, as it's spelled out, racing Jimmy through New York. Very interesting. I wonder if this'll go to Hollywood too.

Lofty

CF Legend
Still don't get why a 'Race Through New York' is in Orlando?! Like, it just doesn't make sense - also the fact that it's not even in the New York area... but yeah.

I thought this was meant to be a flying theatre? The promotional graphic doesn't seem to say so.

davidm

Strata Poster
Yeah it is in the New York bit ; next to the forced perspective Guggenheim bit and opposite the park area.

Fallon is a big NBC star obviously so NBC-Universal just doing a bit of cross-channel synergy. Agree it doesn't look big though, whereas the F&F building looked pretty large - either way they are both 2 "major" attractions that make me less likely to visit the park again soon! ;)

Lofty

CF Legend
^ Yeah, definitely makes sense. Such a shame they didn't decide to do a trackless dark ride of Ghostbusters instead. SHAME.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
They should've shoved this piece of **** into the LA park, which has a very limited international audience. Orlando is ****, and really ignoring a huge part of their customer base for whom Jimmy Fallon is totally irrelevant.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
What's interesting is that this is being advertised as world's first Flying Theatre.
Is it shade? Is it ignorance? Or do I just not know what a flying theatre is?
tumblr_m7swmtmv7n1rn95k2o1_250_zps880b4a1e.gif

For those who are still interested...
[youtubevid]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5NoMa0dYxg[/youtubevid]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5NoMa0dYxg
...you won't be after watching this.

Themed to a brutalist multi-storey car park and an Apple store?
CwMUDghW8AAZ6gJ.jpg

Lofty

CF Legend
Not a fan of the facade and the content of the ride looks just plain rubbish - the only redeeming feature is that it contains puppies.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
@modsies This is not news and it is not a rumour. It is an other ride and it is being constructed whether you like it or not.
It looks too generic to even be in city walk, but it's in the THEME park!?!? :oops:
CymRyeYWQAADE1R.jpg

peep

CF Legend
I don't get the problem with the look they've gone for? They're a studio theme park and this is set in the New York street set. It looks like a part of New York. Job done?

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
It's actually an exact replica of NBC's TV studios at Rockefeller Center. The large glass room on the corner is NBC's "Today" morning show studio. The "Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon" has its studio on the upper floors of the building.
Rockefeller Center is one of New York City's top tourist attractions, so a lot of people will recognize the facade once it's completed.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
It's actually an exact replica of NBC's TV studios at Rockefeller Center. The large glass room on the corner is NBC's "Today" morning show studio. The "Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon" has its studio on the upper floors of the building.
Rockefeller Center is one of New York City's top tourist attractions, so a lot of people will recognize the facade once it's completed.
Yeah, I recognise it and I've never been to New York. I'm not sure about the ride but the outside looks good, and seems to fit in with stuff already there.