What's new

US Live June 13-15 KK, HW, DW, and Carowinds!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Okay, so a little update - as my plans are a little firmer now (with the official CF-Live bit in blue):

Sat 11th June - Fly into Louisville
Sun 12th June - Chilling in Louisville, bit of culture and chilling
Mon 13th June - Holiday World/Kentucky Kingdom
Tues 14th June - Dollywood
Wed 15th June - Carowinds

Thurs 16th June - Chilling in Charlotte, bit more culture and chilling
Fri 17th June - Travel to Richmond, VA
Sat 18th June - Pick up a car in Richmond and do some national park/forest/outdoorsy things nearby
Sun 19th June - Busch Gardens Williamsburg
Mon 20th June - Kings Dominion
Tues 21st June - Head up to Philadelphia
Wed 22nd June - Culture and chilling in Philly
Thurs 23rd June - Culture and chilling in Philly
Fri 24th June - Fly home

So, my questions to you guys:
1. Will you be able to swing by somewhere in Louisville on your way to Holiday World? Where will you be driving from, where will you be staying the night before etc?
2. Will you be able to drop me off somewhere downtown in Charlotte after Carowinds?
3. Any thoughts on which park is better to do on the Sunday or Monday out of BGW and KD?

All for now! Very excited already... :lol:

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Absolutely we will swing and pick you up, I'm assuming we will probably be staying in Columbus area and head out early that morning. Based on the numbers that actually go, we may just minivan in, because what can go wrong with 7 people in a vehicle with a TV in the back?

Same thing with Charlotte, we can drop you off wherever...just not some ungodly morning hour as I assume we won't be up early that day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

pkiknex25

Mega Poster
Put me down as maybe.

Also, you might want to mark that Holiday World is Central time, not Eastern. That could influence planning.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
No Ghost for me possible at all. This is my vacation for the year.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
tomahawk said:
Absolutely we will swing and pick you up, I'm assuming we will probably be staying in Columbus area and head out early that morning. Based on the numbers that actually go, we may just minivan in, because what can go wrong with 7 people in a vehicle with a TV in the back?
Perfect, as long as the idea works in principle we can sort out the details a little closer to the time.

tomahawk said:
Same thing with Charlotte, we can drop you off wherever...just not some ungodly morning hour as I assume we won't be up early that day.
I wasn't sure if you'd start the trip back home after Carowinds and stop somewhere along the way, so if you're planning on having a night in Charlotte that sounds perfect!

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I was definitely intending on staying in Charlotte for the night. It's gonna be a long three days and I'll have no desire for a long drive back immediately after. A night out in Charlotte will be the perfect night cap!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Fab.<3

Just picking up on this too:
pkiknex25 said:
Also, you might want to mark that Holiday World is Central time, not Eastern. That could influence planning.
I hadn't noticed that actually, good spot. We'd be in one of those situations where we leave Holiday World, drive for an hour and arrive at Kentucky Kingdom at the same time we left Holiday World. :lol:

Snoo

The Legend
^That wouldn't happen as we'd be moving from Central to Eastern. :D

However if we did the reverse, then yes. That's possible. <3

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Snoo said:
^That wouldn't happen as we'd be moving from Central to Eastern. :D

However if we did the reverse, then yes. That's possible. <3
Doh! :oops:

Ben

CF Legend
Doesn't the way you've got it now with the time difference mean you've got like eight hours to do both parks and the drive between them?

Obviously it's your trip but... Hmm...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^After Snoo pointed out my mistake with the time differences, this had occurred to me.

I feel like it would make more sense to do KK first, then go on to HW. That way round we have 10 hours including the drive...

Ben

CF Legend
Yeah, ten hours is fine, four hours at each park should be plenty, but three hours a park ewww.

I'm really jealous everyone gets to ride fabulous Fury btw.

It's OBSCENE.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
The one "issue" is driving right back through Louisville to go to Dolly, but I can think of worse things than that.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Thing is, you're going to be coming through Louisville either way, right?

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I'm probably in the USA at this time... And whilst the whole trip is definitely a no, its not entirely out of the question that I might show up for one of the days. We shall seeeeeee! :)

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Hixee said:
Okay, so a little update - as my plans are a little firmer now (with the official CF-Live bit in blue):

Sat 11th June - Fly into Louisville
Sun 12th June - Chilling in Louisville, bit of culture and chilling
Mon 13th June - Holiday World/Kentucky Kingdom
Tues 14th June - Dollywood
Wed 15th June - Carowinds

Thurs 16th June - Chilling in Charlotte, bit more culture and chilling
Fri 17th June - Travel to Richmond, VA
Sat 18th June - Pick up a car in Richmond and do some national park/forest/outdoorsy things nearby
Sun 19th June - Busch Gardens Williamsburg
Mon 20th June - Kings Dominion
Tues 21st June - Head up to Philadelphia
Wed 22nd June - Culture and chilling in Philly
Thurs 23rd June - Culture and chilling in Philly
Fri 24th June - Fly home

So, my questions to you guys:
1. Will you be able to swing by somewhere in Louisville on your way to Holiday World? Where will you be driving from, where will you be staying the night before etc?
2. Will you be able to drop me off somewhere downtown in Charlotte after Carowinds?
3. Any thoughts on which park is better to do on the Sunday or Monday out of BGW and KD?

All for now! Very excited already... :lol:

Hixee were you considering going to dorney while in the philly area?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Well considering the only thing they've added since my trip six years ago is an inverted Boomerang, I don't think I can be bothered to make the trip to be honest... :lol: