What's new

Uproar at CWOA over animal 'neglect'

Lottie.

Mega Poster
It's awful to hear how these rabbits were dumped outside Chessington. But people seem so OTT on Facebook. I want to say something but I see a few other enthusiasts saying exactly how I feel so no need to. Although the part that makes me laugh is how they assume that enthusiasts work for the park - 'Oh I bet you're one of the so-called employee...' Lol!

Using Tapatalk...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
If a box of animals was dumped outside our office, there'd be an uproar from management if we left our desks and spent any time doing anything more than trampling them ;)

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Odd question but How do zoos like CWOA cope with the more tropical animals and cold weather/snow? I imagine they just keep them inside the whole time?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Most zoos will give animals - well mammals at least since they can regulate their own body temperature - the option of staying in or going out.

People seem to think that lions have to be kept in warm temperatures etc. and it's just not the case at all for most mammal species.

nadroJ

CF Legend
I'm pretty sure they give the animals the option to go outside. Animals have instincts, they'll generally know if something (ie, cold weather) is going to kill them. I've been in the snow before and seen the monkeys swinging around and playing in it, they just don't feel it like we do, which is a concept that so many of these imbeciles just cannot grasp.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Some animals dont get a choice. ie, giraffes, but that's usually down to the condition of the ground, as appose to actual tempreatures.

nadroJ

CF Legend
tumblr_mgtntui33A1ruikyvo1_500.jpg

The bunnies will have their revenge.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Martyn B said:
What is the matter with all these retarded people that post utter **** on FB and Youtube?!

Unfortunately they believe ''freedom of speech'' is an adequate enough reason for their opinions to be treated as facts without any sort of counter-points being considered when challenged.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
Poor old Chessington. I can see why people would be (misguidedly) annoyed about the kid falling, but it's not as if rabbits are in short supply, is it?

Mind you, I suppose neither are kids...

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Guinea pigs look so dumb I love them.

Whilst I've never owned rabbits, I'm pretty sure it's the norm to keep rabbits outside year round. We did with our guinea pigs, which are native to hot climates of South America, unlike rabbits, which I think are native to the European mainland...?

Random rabbit fact of the day is that rabbits are not native to the UK or USA. They are a pest species.

elephant58

Hyper Poster
It seems like it's only those snobbish 'school mums' who think they know about pets and children and - oh, wait, everthing else - than other people do. They relentlessley argue with park employees and people who are more likely to know, but just can't admit defeat.

Ethan

Strata Poster
^ Yeah I'm pretty sure all the people I 'argued' with were single middle-aged woman with like 12 cats and a non-existence sex life tbh.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Do any of them have ''PROUDFULLTIMEMUMMY'' as their middle names? That's usually the signal that they're lacking a bit of intelligence