What's new

Universal's Epic Universe | Orlando USA | Theme Park

Lofty

CF Legend
I think the colours are supposed to represent the colours of the logo. It’s a shame the two tracks aren’t more distinctive from each other, but I’m hoping at night time it’ll look a lot better.

In the artwork it seems to have lighting in the track like hangtime, I hope that remains true.

I do think it’s interesting that Universal opted for another duelling coaster, after the farce that became of Dragon Challenge.
That's a really good point, it literally never even crossed my mind that it is, in reality, the same form of experience as DD/DC. I do wonder if there was more to that story than just 'oh things falling out and hitting the other train', it appears to have been a catalyst to the problem rather than just the problem. If they wanted to keep them, they could have even added some form of netting (hey, we've seen worse!) or something. So it says to me that they wanted out of the ride for one reason or another.

jasone

Roller Poster
That's a really good point, it literally never even crossed my mind that it is, in reality, the same form of experience as DD/DC. I do wonder if there was more to that story than just 'oh things falling out and hitting the other train', it appears to have been a catalyst to the problem rather than just the problem. If they wanted to keep them, they could have even added some form of netting (hey, we've seen worse!) or something. So it says to me that they wanted out of the ride for one reason or another.

Yeah agreed. It might have been a combination of both. The vertical loops literally right at each other was a much more direct pass than any other duelling moment on another coaster I can think of. I think there had also been a few instances of things happening, and maybe they just felt it was better to start afresh. Also, to be honest the target audience of Harry Potter is mainly kids and young adults. Hagrids Motorbike is a much better fit for the Harry Potter target audience, ride experience wise. I think they honestly just felt the space could be used better to bring in that target audience, using one of their most successful IPs.

cookie

Giga Poster
An updated park logo was shown off at a media event today:

epic-universe-logo-1200x554.jpg

Lofty

CF Legend
Love the new rebranding of the Universal Parks - it's just so cohesive now, and works together really well.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Universal has lately received some pretty hefty "roller coaster parts" shipments through Florida from Simtech and Sansei, both heavily associated with Setpoint. Given that they're supposedly involved with the Donkey Kong boom coaster, I'd say this is probably it;
Screen Shot 2023-05-13 at 9.02.15 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-05-13 at 8.56.55 AM.png

Meanwhile across the rest of the park, Starfall Racers' brake runs, station track, and brake run overhead building framework have gone in and the curved central dome pieces are going up;
Fv-Qa2zXsAEStHL.jpeg
Source & Source

ScottLann

Mega Poster
I firmly believe that this will be the best Mack coaster(s) in the world. Some of the elements on this look insane 😍

emoo

Hyper Poster
The trees literally have me the most excited from the latest images as they are a symbol of the major progress and milestones reached. Coaster looks amazing too of course.

I'm loving all the pics bioreconstruct is putting out. The progress from dirt to recognisable park in such a short time is a delight to see.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Pretty sure that Gerstlauer has just made a possibly significant shipment of their Sky Fly's to Epic Universe. This probably wasn't the first given the base plates, and it likely isn't the last;
Screen Shot 2023-06-30 at 1.18.18 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-06-30 at 1.18.44 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-06-30 at 1.19.09 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-06-30 at 1.21.10 AM.png
Muensterhausen is Gerstlauer's hometown, UO and UNIVORL is obvious, Project No. 903 is HTTYD land, and 15,700 KG is but a part of what these rides together would weigh (for comparison a 9-car B&M train is around 12,000 KG). Regardless I stumbled across this document, thought it was cool so here it is.
Source