What's new

Universal IoA | Jurassic World VelociCoaster | Intamin Blitz | 2021

ScottLann

Mega Poster
Neat snippet but, when is this maybe opening? lol There was on person testing!
There's rumours for this soft opening next month. The coaster is due to officially open sometime in summer so it's likely visitors should be able to get on it by then, if not sooner!

Matt N

CF Legend
Hopefully America will be on the green list of permitted countries from 17th May so that some Britons can fly over and experience it not too long after it opens!

I myself won’t get to experience VelociCoaster in 2021, but I’m hoping for a potential ride in 2022 provided all goes well on the COVID front!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
10th June is still technically Spring, so they tell LIES about summer. That being said it is nice to know when D-Day is.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Darn, June 10? Well unless they do a helluva soft opening guess I'll be missing it this year :(
Edit: Well....we shall see, once I'm working if I can find a cheap enough flight maybe later in the year.

Last edited:

Ries

Mega Poster
The coaster on the outside looks finished. Testing is well underway. June 10 is two months away.

I forgot and can't find the "many-hours" a coaster needs to test before letting people on. But people already been on Velocicoaster.
Could it be the theming inside that isn't finished? Covid rules? Why 'wait' two months with a finished coaster.

Matt N

CF Legend
The coaster on the outside looks finished. Testing is well underway. June 10 is two months away.

I forgot and can't find the "many-hours" a coaster needs to test before letting people on. But people already been on Velocicoaster.
Could it be the theming inside that isn't finished? Covid rules? Why 'wait' two months with a finished coaster.
It could just be that they’re doing a very long period of soft openings/“technical rehearsals” before 10th June; American parks often seem to soft open things for a long period of time before they officially open.

Markiewong

Roller Poster

2 months isn't that far away, plus Universal probably wants to avoid the Hagrid's scenario at all cost. So I understand why they want to really thoroughly test this before opening. Plus there is still a limited capacity which is going to increase greatly once the majority is vaccinated. Which in the states should be by june 10th.

Hutch

Strata Poster
You know if they open within the next few weeks the park will turn into a covid cesspool. I'd like to think that they're waiting a couple months to allow more folks to get vaccinated and restrictions to be raised.

Then again, it is Florida, so who knows if the park cares about covid or not.

Ethan

Strata Poster
"Don't click for spoilers"

Me:
7c88e46faec27909280f91fd99e4715e.gif

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Friends I work with who have ridden it during the Team Member previews say its the best coaster they've ever been on.....but that's not really saying much if they arent people who've gone out of their way to ride a whole bunch of rides... but I don't doubt it could be Florida's best coaster <3