What's new

Universal IoA | Jurassic World VelociCoaster | Intamin Blitz | 2021

Matt N

CF Legend
Wow; is it me, or does that roll almost look to produce an inverted airtime kind of sensation, kind of like what you feel in The Swarm’s final roll where it really kicks you out of the seat?

MatthijsFB15

Roller Poster
This interview is worth reading!
Some of the highlights:
-1556 meters of track which makes VelociCoaster the longest coaster in Florida! (don't remember seeing the length earlier)
-Confirmation of an opening in just a few months "With just a few months between now and the opening of the coaster (announcement coming soon!)."
-And Ospreys!!!

Last edited:

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Holy ****, that's 5,105ft long. That's nearly a mile! That's significantly longer than I expected. I don't think it looks anywhere near as long as the likes of Helix?

Although they've also confirmed a Summer 2021 opening, so I think a "few" months is generous.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Holy ****, that's 5,105ft long. That's nearly a mile!
But also, that's only 50 feet or so longer than Hagrid's

Florida is kinda strange with ride length I guess, since most of the parks feel the need to tell stories and theme like crazy, most of the rides aren't very big. I remember when Busch was making a big deal about Cheetah Hunt being the longest coaster in FL and now Veloci is basically 1,000 feet longer haha

Magic-Man

Mega Poster
Holy ****, that's 5,105ft long. That's nearly a mile! That's significantly longer than I expected. I don't think it looks anywhere near as long as the likes of Helix?

Although they've also confirmed a Summer 2021 opening, so I think a "few" months is generous.
It's possible that we're looking at another Bourne Show scenario, where the ride is open for weeks without being officially open. Apparently they're already training ride ops.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
IDK how this one slipped through the cracks, I knew of it but with Covid and other rides in my mind I kind of forgot. Ashamed to say I just saw a POV of this and holy hell...this looks phenomenal. Like best coaster in Orlando, and if not for Iron Gwazi up there for best in the state. This thing looks sick in every regard.
Came here to check for updates and some testing with guests already? Ride op training? Wonder if a May opening is possible.
Was looking at IG and Icebreaker, both of which seem to be doing well also. IF they are all open by May I am getting my butt to Florida.

Pear

Strata Poster

velocicoaster-02.23-2-6946157-1200x900.jpg

velocicoaster-02.23-2-2-7091210-1200x900.jpg

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
This really is the Hulk of the 2020s. Seems like it's been quite a while since such a themeing/IP-focused park (at least, in the West) built such a large thrill coaster. Disney and Universal sure build a lot of impressive attractions, but thrill coasters are rare for them - I guess the previous one was Flying Dinosaur at USJ.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
The more I see of this, the more I'm sure this is going to be a better cred than Iron Gwazi.

I think I agree. Intamin are smashing it with their new coasters this year, even though one could argue that they're 'borrowing' heavily from RMC with certain elements (stalls, sideways airtime etc..) but so what? If it means we get more coasters with more crazy new manoeuvres in more parks, bring it on!
That's just made me realise that the state of Florida is actually getting TWO zero g stalls in the same year and I gotta say, I think Velocicoaster's looks better. I like the way it exits the stall by rolling out of it the same way it entered, rather than the RMC method of switching the direction of rotation. Looks cool.

Ries

Mega Poster
I have to admit that first part of the coaster looks incredible from the ground.
So much better than the areal photos showed. Great combination of greens, iron and rocks.

I do think the first two inversions looking too slow for me.
The rest is looking perfect from the videos. Can't wait for the onride pov.

ScottLann

Mega Poster
I think Velocicoaster's looks better. I like the way it exits the stall by rolling out of it the same way it entered, rather than the RMC method of switching the direction of rotation. Looks cool.
I thought Velocicoaster's stall exits the stall by rolling out the opposite way whereas IG's exits the same way it enters?