What's new

Universal IoA | Jurassic World VelociCoaster | Intamin Blitz | 2021

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Do we know what launch system Maverick uses? And do we know what launch system Velocicoaster uses?

The loud sound of Taron's launch does actually not come from the launch fins itself but from the current source inverter (might be the wrong word, on German it's Wechselrichter). If you can put the inverter outside of the tunnel, then you wouldn't have a noise problem (but maybe a ton of other problems, I'm no engineer ?).
Intamin Blitzs use LSM systems provided by Indrivetec, but obviously VelociCoaster uses a much more recent and up to date system.

The sound comes from the vibrations created by the fins when a train is launched, a mixture of that and the transformers used to power each LSM motor, I believe.

Last edited:

Ries

Mega Poster
I have the (second launch) sound (they play) at Taron as my alarm sound. Because.
Veocicoaster needs sort of same second launch sound.

Trax

Hyper Poster
Do you mean the sound effect they play in the "mountain" Tarons second launch shoots you in? Or do you mean the sound while launching? Because the latter one is no sound effect, but the sound of the launch itself. You can clearly see (and hear) this at Red Force, which has no speakers on the launch track.

Ries

Mega Poster
Twitter Account: Upper Lot Podcast, says there were people on the tests rides.
Is that something someone can confirm, haven't seen any of it.

The first test riders have been spotted in the new #VelociCoaster. The technicians at #Intamin are busy adjusting the roller coaster. What opening date do you expect?

Edit:
Do you mean the sound effect they play in the "mountain" Tarons second launch shoots you in? Or do you mean the sound while launching? Because the latter one is no sound effect, but the sound of the launch itself. You can clearly see (and hear) this at Red Force, which has no speakers on the launch track.

The sound on the second launch. This one.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I sure hope they do something with that wall behind the oscillating helix. Stands out like a sore thumb ?
I half expect them to just paint it a different color. You’d be terrified to think how many walls there are around Universal and Disney coasters that you never see. ?

Hagrid's:
Capture.JPG

Slinky Dog:
Capture1.JPG
Even Cars Land is really just glorified walls:
Capture2.JPG

CoasterMOG

Roller Poster
How likely is it that Universal will actually install an animitronic Mosasaur in the lagoon right at the zero g roll? If they pull that off, I seriously think Velocicoaster may become my new #1. Especially if they manage to scale it to the size seen in the movie and it comes out of the water mouth open and snaps at the inverted train as it goes by. Seriously a just ‘shut up and take my money’ if they pull that off. Universal was by far my favorite park to visit as a kid when I lived in Miami, but of the 3 maybe 4 times I went, the one ride I always wanted to go on was Jaws, and it was always down for maintenance (obviously a big challenge when dealing with Mechatronics working underwater). Come on Universal, what happened to your water Animatronics?! And don’t cite the one parasaurolophus that pops out of the water briefly in River Adventure (which wasn’t even running when we were there last New Year’s Eve). Since retiring Jaws, you kind of owe it to the Universal faithful to bring back a major water animitronic, and what better way than to do it with a Mosasaur on Velocicoaster.