What's new

Universal IoA | Jurassic World VelociCoaster | Intamin Blitz | 2021

Pear

Strata Poster

EjB8f1TXkAUSQZJ.png

EjB8wPVXkAUfdr2.png

Looks like the name VelociCoaster is official! The trains will also be 6 cars long.

Last edited:

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Strong light-package vibes - which is a very good thing!

Overall dig the train design. A little more "Tron" than I expected... but then again probably wasn't going to get the throw-back Ford Explorer colors either. ;)

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
After they named Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure; let's just say I have zero faith in names with less than 10 syllables.
I guess we should be grateful they haven't included trademark or copyright symbols in the name ... but you just know they had to fight to avoid that.

sarahsmile

Roller Poster
are we more excited for this now or iron gwazi? i’m so excited for the stall, that’s going to be incredible. riding maverick this weekend got me even more hype for this

davidm

Strata Poster
So unusual for FL to be getting such a pure-coaster draw ; let alone two in the same year - FL is (pre-covid) an easy-visit but it's rarely a must-visit - well, until next year.

I suspect I'm going to like VC better than IG, but only because IG is a bit more-of-the-same-awesomeness and VC is a bit more new-awesomeness.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
My feelings too, IG really really is missing out by missing this year. It'll be great and new for the area but it doesn't really do anything we haven't seen from RMC before. VC might not be ground braking either but it at least gets the theming done and will feel more like a complete package?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
My feelings too, IG really really is missing out by missing this year. It'll be great and new for the area but it doesn't really do anything we haven't seen from RMC before. VC might not be ground braking either but it at least gets the theming done and will feel more like a complete package?
Or put another way - RMC is the new kid on the block, while Intamin Blitz coasters are "what's old is new". To @sarahsmile's point, Maverick is 13 years old (terrifying to think), and the Blitz coaster design is greatly benefiting from new approaches on launch and inversion design. And with Pantheon not opening this year; we have a lot of that pent up Intamin Blitz energy ready-to-go next year.

cookie

Giga Poster
Provided Guardians of the Galaxy and Tron aren't being pushed back, the only major Florida parks not getting a coaster next year are going to be the studios side of Universal, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom. Crazy to think.

ScottLann

Mega Poster
I was hoping to get out to Florida for September 2021, but looks like I might wait another year so the queues die down on these rides (even though they're still big for HMCMA!) and that's hoping that the world learns to live with COVID!