What's new

Universal IOA | Incredible Hulk | B&M Retrack

Re: Universal IOA to close Hulk for new enhancements

^ Which would mean the train would be wider than the normal sit-down train which would then possibly require a woder track than what is currently there.

If anyone has the specs for the track of Banshee would be useful, as that should be an indicator on if Im on to something or just shootin in the dark blindly.

I did notice that the seats are a bit wider(hence why Valravn is 8 abreast), so the track might not need to be wider? I also did notice that the outer 2 seats on Banshee are further out than other inverts. But some track specs would be nice.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

The trains are indeed broader for the flyer restraints to account for the wider size. As for the track, that is a good question.

Does anyone know if the smaller dive machines sport a different gauge/size of track compared to Griffon and Sheikra? This would be another case of smaller/different trains running on the same track as a larger train.

^The mini dive machines indeed have a smaller track gauge compared the larger models. It even looks like Krake sport a regular sized track.

I saw some yellow track sitting outside the steel plant. Could this be for the hulk refurbishment?

Ayy Lmao said:
I saw some yellow track sitting outside the steel plant. Could this be for the hulk refurbishment?
Yellow track for a green coaster, I don't think so.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

owentaylor121 said:
Ayy Lmao said:

What about if they are changing the colors?

Ayy Lmao said:
owentaylor121 said:
Ayy Lmao said:

What about if they are changing the colors?
Actually think about it, when has the colour yellow ever had anything to do with The Hulk? It hasn't.
The ride will not be changing colours.

Actually think about it, when has the colour yellow ever had anything to do with The Hulk? It hasn't.
1. You don't know that last part.
2. The colocolor white doesn't have anything to do with the hulk. And guess what color the supports are.

Not that I think the colors will change to yellow, but an argument can be made about BTR and blue track(though it's a great color scheme).

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

Or maybe the yellow track is another B&M coaster?

Ayy Lmao said:
2. The colocolor white doesn't have anything to do with the hulk. And guess what color the supports are.
Yellow and green goes well together. I can imagine a yellow track with a green train flying around it :) would look nice!

Edit: To not change color when undergoing such a major renovation would just be stupid. Look at X2 e.g. As well as changing the trains and adding effects (just like the Hulk will do) they changed the color scheme to be able to market it as a new coaster! Universal could easily change colors and claim it as The New Hulk too (with an improved ride experience)

Ayy Lmao said:

1) You dont have evidence backing up a color change either, so its an empty statement.
2) The white, while being more or less just a generic support color, could represent the humanity/pure part of Bruce Banner.

If they were to change the colors, while keeping in current course with the Hulk, they could go for Grey or Red if possible :3

Just pure speculation but there were a few instances in the Marvel Universe where Hulk and wolverine fight. So we could see a story line that involves a fight. With wolverine or even something with Ironman in a Hulkbuster. Hence the yellow track with red or blue supports.

jay37415 said:
Just pure speculation but there were a few instances in the Marvel Universe where Hulk and wolverine fight. So we could see a story line that involves a fight. With wolverine or even something with Ironman in a Hulkbuster. Hence the yellow track with red or blue supports.

They can't use Iron man so I'm gonna say that's highly unlikely.

jay37415 said:

Hyde said:

Hyde said:

B&M has 4 new coasters announced for 2016.

Mako - Blueish/ Purple Track

Valraven - Orange track

Un-named wing Coaster - Red Track

Flying dinosaur - Green track

So unless there is an Unannounced Coaster out there or they are starting on something for 2017, I say its plausable the yellow track is for the New Hulk.

I really can't see them making the Hulk yellow. The character is green after all it just wouldn't make sense.