What's new

UncleArly's Development Thread.

Re: Uncle Arly's Dev Topic - Edge Of Glory Complete.

I liked it. It was very fast paced and had a good layout. I agree with Hixee though about the track wobbles. I've discovered that it's because you use continuous roll on nodes that join a section that's completely level and one that begins to bank. If you turn off continuous roll on the nodes at the beginning of transitions, it should get rid of the problem. Not bad though.

8/10

Re: Uncle Arly's Dev Topic - New coaster 23/05/2011

BMTop.png

SideView.png

JudasIntaminLaunched-110523023930000.jpg

Damn, that first image had me going WTF. That layout looks fab.

It looks Dominator inspired. I'm looking forward to riding it. The layout is lovely!

I agree with Xpress and Antinos, it looks great. I couldn't work it out at first, but I think it makes sense now. I look forward to it!

There are 2 things that I think seems odd, when looking on the first picture:
An odd bump on the entrance to the dive-loop.
The turn between the brakes in the station is also weird (make it so it's just one turn)...

Looks good though!!

Thank you! I find it really hard building B&M layouts without making them like every other floorless/stand-up/sit-down. ANd I hope here I've got a nice mix of all my favourites.

The only thing I don't like is the straight back to the brakes by the station. I mean, it's got a pop of airtime or two, but I feel it kills the ride.

But I can't figure out anything else that doesn't change the rest of the layout as it fits together so nicely.

And definitely loefet. I need to make the offload station at an angle however, as I can't make the brakes any smaller. It doesn't hit the brakes with much speed (about 30 mph), but I don't think it'd be safe any smaller.

Re: Uncle Arly's Dev Topic - New coaster 02/06/2011

Oooh... A spinner! We don't see many of them. :)

and a Gerstlauer one at that, my only concern at the time is your amount of tri rail, I dont think you'd need that much.

^ Don't worry so much about tri-rail since they tend to use more and more to reduce the cost of ground works and supports...

Looks really great!!

Re: Uncle Arly's Dev Topic - Maelstrom released.

My mind is split on this one. On the good side is that it's well made and you've managed to encourage the cars to spin very well. I liked the good combination of airtime, twists and the flat turns. On the bad side though, it kinda felt a bit slow and lacked some pace. It just felt like it was a bit too small, if that makes sense. There were some extremely close calls (the car even hits the MCBR at one point) and it did feel a little short. I will say that I think it's good you tried the spinners. Like I said above, we don't see many of them, which makes them feel quite unique.

Like I said, I have to commend you on the trackwork and I think it's fairly unique, but it didn't quite have all the buzz that these spinners need. 5/10

Re: Uncle Arly's Dev Topic - Maelstrom released.

Yeah, I defintely get what you mean! In the past, my larger spinners just haven't span very well, which defeats the object! I don't know why, but the faster speeds just seemed to kill any spinning.

But with this smaller, slower one, it span very well. But, like the said, the speed was compromised. I think, to ride it in real life, although it was slow, it would make up for it in the spinning respect.

I think, I'm gonna try a larger spinner (Larger than what we usually see anyway) and try and get it to spin more.

Thank you Hixee :)

Re: Uncle Arly's Dev Topic - Judas released.

I liked it, but there are some issues. I noticed that the vertical loop and corkscrews had some pumping issues. Also, the first drop, end of the cobra roll, and drop out of the brakes had some strange banking going on. On the bright side, the layout was brilliant and you didn't have that track wobble like your other rides. Another nice ride from you.

7/10

Re: Uncle Arly's Dev Topic - Judas released.

Because I'm feeling lazy this morning, I basically just going to agree with Antinos on this one. I thought the layout was very nice, but some of the transitions and pumps didn't really make this the all round package it could've been. I also didn't like the first drop as it didn't feel like it had any 'punch'.

Nice layout/idea, but unfortunately it's wasn't the best executed. 6.5/10

Keep up the good work though! I'm glad someone still posts tracks for me to ride! :p