What's new

Tussauds Theming!

Which is your favourite UK ride theming wise?

• Nemisis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nemisis Inferno

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Dragons Fury

• RITA

• The Vampire

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Tidal Wave

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

Simple, just choose your favourite UK ride for its theming.
Mine has to go to Tidal Wave, i think its been done realy well, and to me is thorpe parks best peice of theming to date!

Edit: Changed the title as i meant to do only tussauds parks! Sorry!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
That's a toughie... Nemesis Inferno and Rita go straight out though due a lack of any obvious theming...

Tidal Wave's is good, but not as good as the Storm Force/Maelstrom area of Drayton Manor...

Dragon's Fury again is good, but it's fitting with the area. The actual ride only has a few bits of [excellent] theming...

Nemesis is very good, as is Vampire...

Overall, I think Vampire pips it... The theme is consistent through the area, queue-line, station and ride (right up until the corrugated station house (eugh) ). Nemesis has a great outside, but the queue line is lacking a bit (apart from the Ribena falls) and the station is just a hut from the inside...

So Vampire just for me...

A

Anonymous

Of the list its Tidal Wave, but in the country - proably Lost River at FL, it looks simply superb IMO - especially now its no longer a building site.

joe

Mega Poster
I like The Vampire. The themeing is Fangtastic lol. Tombstones evry where, and inside there is a cave theme with lanterns. Also I like the phantonm of the opera guy.

Sam

Giga Poster
Your list doesn't exactly cover all the rides in the UK, all the rides are from Tussauds parks and all but Tidal wave are Roller Coasters.

From the list i'd say The Vampire. The themeing in the station and the que line is very good. And the idea of a vampire bat swinging between trees and over tree tops is very good.

A

Anonymous

i actually think Nemesis: inferno has quite good themeing, climbing up the side of the 'volcano' just to get on it lol anyway i personnally think Nemesis at alton is the best followed close by tidal wave. its just the way that nemesis speeds round the same area the red river, waterfall (if still all working). i thought the other day ' oh nemesis looks all dirty, a good clean would make it look great' then i realised the 'dirty' track was just part of the theme.......great stuff

Nadia

Mega Poster
ASR said:
Of the list its Tidal Wave, but in the country - proably Lost River at FL, it looks simply superb IMO - especially now its no longer a building site.

I have to agree about Lost Rover, it looks totally amazing when you look over at it from the cable cars and the end of the zoo walkway!!

But from the list, I reckon Vampire, just really love CWOA and that ride's queueing area etc is cool!!

Scott

Roller Poster
From that list there I would have to say Tidal Wave. I just love the 60's New England theme they have going on there.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Good selection of rides to choose from there (bar Rita, which is themed to a picket-fence factory), so it made my decision hard. I do like Tidal Wave/Amity Cove's theming, and I love the sinking station. I also love Nemesis, with its big monster, and the lovely setting (which, to be fair, isn't theming, just placement), but my vote goes to Vampire.

Why?

The station. My favourite station ever. It's just so immensely cool, with the music, the dude playing the piano, the archways, the lights on the train. It all works so well. The ride swinging over the trees is great too, but again, that's placement not theming. Only thing, the music in the station needs to be louder.

A

Anonymous

Tom? said:
i actually think Nemesis: inferno has quite good themeing, climbing up the side of the 'volcano' just to get on it

Yes its good until you walk towards Rumba Rapids look back, and see a beautiful Orange shed. Ah sublime. Mines Tidal. Although theres no Hex in this poll........

Jake

Strata Poster
From the list, probably nemesis. But my personal favorite is oblivion, the station is good, as is the queue line and shops surrounding it. It takes over the whole area.

A

Anonymous

Vampire for me, the atmosphere in the area is amazing, it's happy but at the same time keeps a tinge of fear. Couple that with walking into the station with the new lighting and moving organist again it sets a sense of realism to the area. Now the tunnel just needs to be set back to what it was and the area will be perfect once more.

A

Anonymous

A close call between Vampire, Nemesis and Tidal Wave. I decided to give it to tidal wave, because although the ride structure is ugly, the surrounding buildings are excellent and the "pier 13" walkway actually gives you a chnace to interact with the ride. Excellent.

Ben

CF Legend
Between Tidal Wave and the Nemesises. But for me it's Tidal Wave because I love the whole area and everything and I love the way the wave looks as if it actually is ruining this little town.

Mark

Strata Poster
Excellent, finally The Vampire get's some recognition.

Can you tell where I voted....

I think the Vampire is superbly themed bar one factor... the brown corrugated iron wall!. The queue line is all black and right in amongst the trees helping to build the effect of fear and spookiness. Plus the coaster soars constantly above you yet you can never truly pick out the layout because the trees obscure parts. Then as you head into the building the cracking grey walls and wrought iron fencework. Through those cave like corridors with flaming torches and little windows all the way leads you into a big dark cavern with big wican style chandeliers and spooky grey old man playing a fearful tune on his organ, complete with mad scientist syle smoking bottles and old looking books. Once on the ride you get some awesome views and also get themeing with it too as you soar over a few rooftops and then when you exit the ride there are references to Nosferatu (the oldest written vampyr) on the window. Everything until you leave the building is really well themed and really adds to the chilling atmosphere.

A

Anonymous

I think that Tidal Wave has great theming (it even has a radio station!) however I am being loyal to Inferno because I have to say, when the water worked as a spray and the red lights are on and the steam in the tunnel and outside work - the theming rocks!!!

Aaron

Hyper Poster
^Theming on Inferno? HA!

OK the tunnel is nice but it's far too open from then on...

My vote goes to Nemesis of course - just because of the location and the story and the tunnels and the idea and everything really... Vampire is close second though (horror is always a good theme) but some inconsistences pull it down...

A

Anonymous

Now that the Vampire's organist plays again, it rocks! I could start the Nemesis versus Inferno thing again but I can't be bothered. If you are going to ride it, don't knock it! Nemesis does have good theming too....

A

Anonymous

Hmmm, Vampire looks nice, bit tatty though, needs new fences / painting etc, and that tunnel is crappy, some rock work or maybe a small pond would be funky - and the mist like at ghosterforce, yeeey!