What's new

TusenFryd | Dragen | Gerstlauer Invert | 2022?

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Oh, sorry 'bout that.

The name "Dragen" was found on the planning proposal quoted in this post:

I think it was also confirmed in an article in a local newspaper, but those are a hassle to dig up as they require paywall access. I had a friend from the area show me the articles once.

EDIT to mention: The name actually fits quite well, as TusenFryd used to have a small Zamperla Dragon coaster named Dragen. It was very popular, but apparently cost more to maintain than the park was willing to pay for, so it was sold. The public still has Dragen in fresh memory, so bringing back the name for a bigger coaster would be a neat publicity stunt.

As for the involvement of Gerstlauer, I can only confirm it personally. I know someone involved in the project.

Last edited:

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Spoke to a friend who has been a seasonal worker there for many years. He has talked with the mechanic team at the park, and they seem pessimistic about getting it open next year. Still missing a lot of ground work, apparently, which needs to be done before Gerstlauer can move in. But the site has been fenced off, at least. I'll see if I can get permission to post his photos here.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Ooops, that took a while. Still, better late than never?

... is probably what TusenFryd says about their originally-scheduled-for-2021 attraction which might not happen until 2023. Anyway, pictures:

BnvrfGZ.jpg

No, you dolt, it is a pair of white leather gloves!

The old driving school has been entirely torn out. As far as I can tell, this picture is taken from here: https://www.google.no/maps/@59.7463...4!1sHwWbQLfHjxkJ32blgJrCJg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

The picture below is the same place, with the dirty panti- er, gloves not being as visible on the fence (they're still there but very hard to spot against the background - above the far right corner of the table).

kS4eLkV.jpg

I don't immediately recognize where the next two photos are taken, but it's probably out of bounds. My best guess is that it's up the backstage road that begins here: https://www.google.no/maps/@59.7469...4!1sW2HdE2rqlg8I-_muMTad7A!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

IWP8myM.jpg

0VPIvoQ.jpg

Google Street View hasn't been to the park since 2009, so it's hard to verify, but I think the fence detail to the very left here is part of the kids area that opened in 2011: https://www.google.com/maps/@59.7469171,10.7764295,119a,35y,261.84h,57.82t/data=!3m1!1e3

The pictures were taken at some point in August, so they aren't day fresh, but still, it shows there was quite a bit left to do of the groundwork before any coaster crew can come moving in. It could theoretically be done before winter arrives, though. The ground won't freeze until November or so. But getting the coaster ready for opening day 2022 seems like a stretch. Maybe they'd get it open for mid-season, but I believe 2023 to be more plausible, given the time required to train ride ops and such. Besides, if they postpone the opening of this attraction, they can wait an additional year before opening the next attraction, and that will look good in the spreadsheets.