What's new

Trip Plans For 2015

ThomVD

Giga Poster
We're nearing the end of 2014, so I thought a 2015 version should be made, as some probably already have something planned.

My soonest theme park visit is the Efteling tomorrow, but that's still 2014, so for 2015 I've planned:

Definitely:
-Small Dutch parks
-Bobbejaanland
-Walibi Belgium
-Plopsaland de Panne
-Bellewaerde
-Linnanmäki
-Särkänniemi
-PowerPark

Probably:
-Plopsa Coo
-Heide Park
-Tripsdrill

Maybe:
-Alton Towers
-Drayton Manor
-Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Cedar Point
Kings Island
And hopefully - Finally! - make it to Holiday World

Intricks

Strata Poster
Next year looks to be a MIGHTY big year for me, so long as I can keep up with my weight loss.

My definite going to is Six Flags New England for Wicked Cyclone.

My list of possibilities go as follows:

-Lake Compounce
-SFGAdv
-Hersheypark
-Knoebels
-Kings Island
-Holiday World
-Six Flags Great America
-SF Fiesta Texas/Over Texas and the two Boardwalks
-Knotts Berry Farm
-SF Magic Mountain

No clue if I will even have to oppurtunity to get to the possibilities (work will be a MAJOR factor here).

rtotheizzo17

Hyper Poster
^A mighty big year is one park then no clue if you can go to a bunch of parks you rattled off? :)

100% (maybe 1 new cred):
SeaWorld Orlando
Magic Kingdom
Epcot
Hollywood Studios
Animal Kingdom
Islands of Adventure
Universal Studios Florida
Fun Spot (if they get the new cred)
LEGOLAND Florida
Busch Gardens Tampa
75%:
Alabama Adventure
Dollywood
Carowinds

50%:
Disneyland
California Adventure
SeaWorld San Diego
Knott's Berry Farm
Magic Mountain
Universal Hollywood
That one park in Anaheim that just got "Tree Top Racers"

10%:

Silver Dollar City
Worlds of Fun
Six Flags St. Louis
Magic Springs

Live in Orlando and work in the industry so the freebies will be had at all the local parks. Want to do a Caro-Dolly-Alabama Adventure trip, and with family scattered in the area will just require getting the wife to take time off.

Wife and I are planning a Christmas California trip to do the parks at a time of year we haven't done before.

I always plan a Missouri trip, and end up doing something else instead.

Those are my plans, for those who care (I am sure its pages of people).

Jake

Strata Poster
I'm sure there's already a topic for this but I can't find it. Oh well.

I've only got 2 trips booked, but they're fairly significant:

Feb 2015 - Australia:

Dreamworld
SeaWorld
Warner Bros Movie World
Wet'n'Wild
Luna Park (Sydney)

May 2015 - South Korea:

Lotte World
Seoul Land
Everland
Children's Grand Park (maybe/probably)
Gyeongju World

I'll be going somewhere else towards the end of the year for a week, but whether it's a cred trip or not is all up in the air at the moment.

Smithy

Strata Poster
As far as I'm aware there's nothing decent planned for the UK opening next year so it'll probably just be Yarmouth to get on the woodie, and then Liseberg.

Hutch

Strata Poster
I'll be in the Chicago area next year around my birthday, so I'll probably do Six Flags Great America (was gonna happen this past summer but unfortunately not).

Six Flags New England for Wicked Cyclone (and more Bizarro).

Other than that I'm not too sure. I'll have my driver's license by then so I'll be able to do local stuff more often like Canobie and Lake Compounce, and even get Quassy checked off. I do eventually want to do other parks that's within driving distance, like Hershey, Knoebels, Great Adventure and other stuff.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Definitely:

SFGAm

Probably:

Holiday World

Hopefully:

Kings Island
Mt. Olympus

...Yeah, I don't have much planned

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Gonna make my return to coasters next year. Realizing what I can and can't do will be a big part. No launches, no old school woodies or anything known as rough, but RMC will be my new best friend. That said, here's my plans

Happening
SFMM
SDC

Other than that, don't really care. Taking my niece and nephew on Twisted Colossus will make up for past few years.

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
ThomVD said:
We're nearing the end of 2014, so I thought a 2015 version should be made, as some probably already have something planned.

My soonest theme park visit is the Efteling tomorrow, but that's still 2014, so for 2015 I've planned:

Definitely:

-Movie Park Germany
-Walibi Belgium

I'm jealous, I would love to go to winter Efteling. Hope you have an amazing time tomorrow!

I also want to visit Movie Park Germany and Walibi Belgium in 2016, especially in October - as both parks look like they make a big effort for their Halloween stuff.

Next year is going to mostly be about short 2 day trips for me. Hansa / Heide Park is top of my list. I'd also like to do Efteling / Phantasialand again. I need to finally get some UK East Coast creds too, Fantasy Island / Pleasurewood Hills etc...but for some reason I'm finding it really hard to summon the enthusiasm for that!

ThomVD

Giga Poster
^ Thanks! Tomorrow I'm giving a tour to a classmate who has never been to the park (which is absolutely unacceptable for a dutch person :wink: )

I really recommend visiting Efteling when it gets dark someday. It's so amazing. Lots of different coloured lights everywhere, and everything just feels so magical. Joris at night is brilliant as well! You can either do it during a summer saturday or in the winter, but I prefer winter because you don't have to queue so long, it gets dark earlier, and there are campfires which adds to the coziness :) . I'm sure you'd love it. Only downside is that de Vliegende Hollander is closed.

Mike

Giga Poster
2015 is shaping up to be a big year for me, with a Japan trip 99% certain, possibly America, possibly a couple of weekends around Europe, and the usual suspects around the UK.

It all depends on if I can save the money!

BBH

Giga Poster
- Six Flags Great America
- Indiana Beach
- Holiday World

Voyage and Thunderbird <<<<<3

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
-Six Flags New England for Wicked Cyclone
-Completing New Hampshire Cred(Gold Rush Express at Jefferson City Fun Park)
-Playland Park and Luna Park for Thunderbolt
-Entire Jersey Shore
-Upstate New York (Great Escape, Darien Lake, Sylvan Beach, Martins Fantasy Island, Seabreeze)
-Cedar Point
-Roadtrip to Ohio - Hershey, Idlewild, Holiday World, Kings Island, Kentucky Kingdom, Knoebels.
-Busch and KD
-Florida Trip - Disney, Universal, SeaWorld, Funspot USA & America, Legoland, Busch Tampa
-Return to OCEAN BEACH PARK

This is by far the most plans I have ever had and most of these will happen. I am confident in doing all of them except for Florida that is the least likely of it but everything else is very doable especially the stuff in Jersey and New York. My friend Ben already has plans for Virginia and tickets for Cedar Point so I am very much looking forward to next year.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
The only definite so far is Orlando in February, so that'll be the Disney and Universal parks, Sea World, Busch and that little place with the woodie. I might possibly do Legoland as well, but going to see how it goes.

Hong Kong Disney and Ocean Park are a given.

I wasn't going to bother with Mainland China next year, but since I'll be getting a Visa anyway for Nic's visit later this month, I'll probably use it to mop up some kiddy creds around the Shenzhen/Dongguan/Guangzhou area. I'm not planning any major China trips though.

I'm unsure what to do with my Easter holiday at the moment. I want to go to a country I haven't been to yet, and coasters will be secondary, but it's likely I'll get something. I'm leaning towards Indonesia at the moment.

In the summer, I'll be back in the UK for a bit, so I'm going to try and finally get Fantasy Island and the other east coast parks. Texas is almost a definite as well, but I need to look into it more and work out if I'll really have time.

Rachel

Coaster MILF
Disneyland Paris in January.

Currently working on persuading my boyfriend to take me to Madrid for my birthday in May.

Hoping to make a start on some German parks this year, possibly Heide/Hansa and/or something based around Europa.

As for the UK, I still need to do Lightwater Valley & Flamingoland so that trip should happen next year. And more than likely some smaller cred run trips.