What's new

Travelling fair discussion

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Just a topic for general discussion on travelling fairs like any ones near you at the mo, what rides?, cheap?. That kind of stuff.

I'll start it off with a one-day fair in the town by me for the christmas light switch on tonight. I think it has the same rides as last year but they all look very good. A twister, Malibu Wave some sort of giant frog hopper and apparantly a coaster. At least, those are the rides I've seen and been told about.

The rides are apparntly quite expensive as well at about £4 each. Unfortunatly, I'm busy so I can't go but if I could I definatly would.

I like this topic. I've just got a quick question actually to do with this topic;

How's Air being run? Better than Bling was?

On that TV show they said that air was the only one of it's kind in the country. :?

I have a really good one near me ATM, where you pay £6 to get in, then unlimited rides.

I like this topic. I've just got a quick question actually to do with this topic;

How's Air being run? Better than Bling was?

Air's miles better than Bling - it's a fantastic ride that doesn't disappoint. All the rides I've had on it so far have been brilliant :)

I really need to do a trip report soon...

I went to Hyde park last weekend and it was a little...meh.

Air was broken down, and yes it is £4 (!) for a ride on the spinner, the suspended coaster and most of the flat rides. Due to the excessive amount of people in the park, the paths were gridlocked and I only managed to get on three rides...

Waltzer Bags of fun!
Wild mouse Average, bit painful and eccentric
Suspended Painful, average and with a similar layout to the wild mouse!

There was also a 13 story drop tower which was a little like a frog hopper...up down and up again!

Yeah that Power Tower has quite a reputation. Apparently at peak times £7, which is just, illegal, BUT it does look like it has a long ride cycle.

There's also going to be a fair on at the O2 Arena soon, but no news on what its going to be like.

^Regarding the O2 they were setting up their Star Flyer yesterday. As for the rest if it's gonna be like other years then it'll be flat ride heaven, mainly crazy spinny/swingy KMG and Fabbri rides. Love themmmmm! They usually have quite a good coaster there too.

I went to Hyde Park yesterday and can echo everyone else by saying Air is running like a :xcensoredx:in' dream, miles better than Bling! I found it to be pulling crazy Gs throughout the whole cycle (except the bit where you're held at the top...) and we had loads of seat flips too.

Their Freak Out is amazing too, it really puts things like Vortex to shame...and we got a second go for free too without even having to get off!

Their Booster can die though...£7 for the smallest model, and it really wasn't rotating very fast. Fail.

It's weird, it did seem a lot busier than previous years, especially for the middle of the week, and the two coasters get some nasty queues. But the flats are better anyway :wink:

Air is...£6 I think? I know for sure the Freak Out is £5.

So not TOO bad then! Air definitely felt like money well spent <3

-lofty- said:
Freak Out £5?

That's an utter joke.

Not for THAT one it isn't! Especially when you get an extra cycle because one of the ride ops fills the extra odd seat on your ride and shouts "Again!" in a German accent! :D

Air <3

Not that all this information matters to you coaster enthusiasts anyway, you don't touch thrill rides with a barge poll (Information that you'll be much more interested in is that the coasters were £4-a-pop, to me THAT'S the rip-off, but naturally y'all will want your 'CREDZZZZZ!!!11!!'. ;)

Deffo going back for Air though, really did prove my long-standing theory that Blackpool really hold Bling back! Bastards.

Urgh, £6 is LOADS for a flat <///3 It's the wrong side of a fiver. I'll do it, but, if it was £4, I'd have blates done it twice...

That place is such an utter, utter rip <///3 I'll just get my Mouse cred, do Air, and then **** off.

nadroJ said:
^You MUST do the fun house. I can't stress this enough.

Which one? I did the alpine hotel last week, and it was insane! It's brand new as well, think I was just surprised at the amount of effort they put in to funhouses overseas. The pirate walk through and suspended ghost train were both a lot of fun too.

We did one of the fun houses last year, and it was great, but, I'm not in a rush to do it again.

Those VULG shots we had as well, haha <///3

Funhouses were all £4, the good flats were £6, and the wheel is £8. Very pricey, would be good if they considered some kind of wristband. I still enjoy visiting though, a very well presented event.

^^^Did you ever manage to do Grizzly Bear at Lightwater Valley? Yeah, it's that exact coaster, pretty decent for £3! If not, then just go to YouTube and type in 'London City Coaster o2' (I would put the link but the 3ds sucks and doesn't do multiple windows...or copy and paste...).

^Yeah, me and Neal said they should have a wristband that covers all/certain rides, especially since even smaller fairs like Frimley and Hook do wristbands. It works out being so expensive paying for individual rides at their prices, especially if you want re-rides. But then again, I guess they want as much money out of people as they can...