Will Dragster get OSTR's?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

FastAndFurious

Mega Poster
The only difference (not that one of these is better, just different) may be if Stealth's launch pattern is for example:

50% of max speed is taken in the 1st second (+ ~40 mph)
30% of max speed is taken in the 2nd second (+ ~24 mph)
20% of max speed is taken in the last half a second (+ ~16 mph)
0 - 79/2.5

and TTD's launch pattern is:

25% of max speed in the 1st second (+30 mph)
25% of max speed in the 2nd second (+30 mph)
25% of max speed in the 3rd second (+30 mph)
25% of max speed in the 4th second (+30 mph)
0 - 120/4.0

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
You need to broaden your mind son! Launchers aren't just the launch.
Hardly.

Height doesn't effect me even slightly. Sure, I'm i bet the view from TTD and Ka is bloody stunning - but i bet the view from the London eye is better. :) And i'm damn sure you're far too concerned about the launch and any posible air to give a **** about the view - just like on Stealth.

TTD: 30mph p/s
Stealth: 31.8mph p/s

Not exactly a hardcore reason to make Stealth better then TTD. 1.8mph p/s isn't THAT huge of a difference. This is without the fact that TTD goes 40.5mph faster then Stealth.. and if you want to bring height into the picture, 220ft taller.

Now if you want huge acceleration differences, check out these stats:

Kingda Ka: 36.6mph p/s
Storm Runner: 36mph p/s

Now if Stealth had Ka's accel over TTD, I could let that slide, but being the fanboy that I am, I couldn't let it go without a fight.
True, it's not that different. But it's different enough.

All i know is that Ian and Chris both say Stealth is better than TTD... When i asked why, Ian said somthing about it being a shorter yet sharper thrill - which is what such a simple design should be, surly?

Also. Rita's launch blows me away. Okay, so re-riding kills it quickly and you can miss the launch because it's so short - but it FEELS more itnense than Stealths. This is certainly more psycological than anything. Rita's launch is so short, and it's one forceful BLAST. Stealth's is drawn out with 2 or 3 blasts and one final shuv off the end of the launch... When you leave Rita's launch, you still feel like your accelerating, you decelerate as soon as you leave Stealths.

And that's why i now think Ka and TTD (in my opinion, based on preference) will have lame launches. Yes. Both of them.

The same reason i 'prefer' (scares the crap out of me) Detonator to taller drop towers, too. Shorter. Sharper. More psycologically intense.

Admittedly, i will never know until i ride. And when i do know, i'll let you know.

...Still, much rather check out Xcelerator. Just for the fact that it travels over it's top hat faster and doesn't crawl like TTD, KK and Stealth.

EDIT: That's some nice info Fastandfurious. Any way you can you whack Rtia in there for comparason? I'm curious.

Still, i need to ride Rita again to know about the difference in launch intensity for sure. (personal, not factual) And thsi weekend i'll get on Stealth, and then the weekend afetr on Rita. So that will be a nice short time difference to judge appropriately.

FastAndFurious

Mega Poster
Yes Detonator is about the same force as Scream if not more intense, not to mention that Scream is the tallest and Detonator is one of these small towers. Size doesn't matter.

I haven't ridden TTD but I believe Stealth could be more powerful not only when it comes to analyze stats.

Hardly a month ago I thought Intamin OSTRs affect ride experience. They did on Rita but Stealth is different.

TTD with lap bars doesn't make it better than Stealth or KK, just different experience.

stevewalsh

Roller Poster
Wow talk about off topic guys.
Anyway I can't see ostrs coming in, they have a seatbelt and lapbar, that seems pretty safe to me.

FastAndFurious

Mega Poster
As far as I know TTD lapbar threads always go off topic. It's just of these topics that is difficult to handle. Hopefully sooner or later it will back on topic.

Well, it is up to CP to make a decision whether TTD should have the lapbars replaced with OTSRs. Intamin could strongly recommend restraint replacement and I believe it still depends on the rules of agreement CP signed. If there's an issue with the lap bars CP could replace them.

Mat

Hyper Poster
I don't think that they should change them and not need to change them unless they have a serious problem with them. I don't particulary like stealth's restraints that much becuase of that bar that goes over you legs. I think that they should have ones simiar to colossus, just not as much padding on it as tyou arent going to be going upside down.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I bet the OSTR's and T-Bars do give diffeent experiance. I just can't see how the OSTR's are any worse... They don't touch me, at all. I would imagon T-bars are pretty tight.

EDIT: Oh, and UC.. ha, i'm sure when i ride KK, if i ever ride it haar, then it will shock me. But it's hard to see round basic logical, er... assumtions.

Snoo

The Legend
It really depends on the ride-op. Usually on TTD, they don't push down very hard so you can get some sort of airtime. While on MF, they are a bit tighter. Of course, you do have the douches that stab it into your hip and your mainly parts don't feel like they exist anymore. You tend to get those a little more often on MF, hence why UC hated his experiences. :) Of course, last year I knew every ride-op by name, so they allowed me a little more... yay!

Of course, TTD doesn't have much air unless you have some speed over the top. Most launches glide slowly over, giving you the view from 420ft up. I'd take the view and possibility of a stall/rollback over airtime. If I want air, i'll go to Maggy or Blue Streak.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
If I want air, i'll go to Maggy or Blue Streak.
If i want a nice view, i'll go on a feris wheel... :)

...You see my point?

You can't apply this rule to one thing and not the other.

TTD is about the launch and ...height. But since height doesn't effect me, i cancle it out as being irelevent.

Almost

Hyper Poster
HaJime said:
And that's why i now think Ka and TTD (in my opinion, based on preference) will have lame launches. Yes. Both of them.

The feeling that you get on the launch, the willy lift really sticks with you through the whole launch track. It's like the feeling from the launch doesn't have time to go away until you lose some of the speed. It's great.

Yeah, TTD isn't getting OTSR's. It's a damn shame too.