What's new

Top 5 launch coasters

lazor22

Roller Poster
Verbolten (Definitely my favorite launch, really smooth and the scenery/darkness is great)
Volcano (really fun, but always to long of a wait to ride multiple times... especially with i305 next to it),
Possessed (smooth and a fun ride)
Kingda Ka (rough as hell but intense and the shear size is cool )
Flight Of Fear/Jokers Jinx (tie, could not decide which I like better, Flight of fear probably but the launch is way to loud in that little area, makes waiting not enjoyable)

Have really not ridden many launch coasters. Only other one I think is backlot which I like too.

FearlessCoasterDude

Roller Poster
Best ones I have been on are:
1. Kingda Ka @ Six Flags Great Adventure
2. Top Thrill Dragstor @ Cedar Point
3. Blue Fire @ Europa Park
4. Speed Monster @ Tusenfryd
5. Furius Baco @ Port Aventura

SoCalCoaster521

Roller Poster
1) Xcelerator - KBF
2) Speed The Ride - Sahara Las Vegas
3) California Screamin' - Disney California Adventure
4) Montezooma's Revenge - KBF

Yeah, can't complete the 5, whatevskies.

Martyn B

CF Legend
1. Anubis - Really, really loved this little coaster. The launch was so much better than I was expecting, and it has a great layout that follows.

2. Stealth - Despite it being too short, I just love Stealth, its just such a good 'thrill' coaster that reallys gets me buzzing!

3. Hulk - Really good launch followed by a long, intense layout.

4. Rock n Rollercoasters - Depsite dying towards the end, I do find these are really good fun.

Last: Cheetah Hunt - Revolutions 'push' is more thrilling than the whole of CH.

nadroJ

CF Legend
It depends, are we talking exclusively about their launches or how the launch compliments the coaster as a whole?

Anyway, launches, Stealth wins by a million miles. I have yet to go on a launched coaster whose launch is better than Stealth's.

Blue Fire was an awesome coaster as a whole, the launch was a bit weak though.

Anubis's rolling launch is SUCH a fun element, and the oomph it gives you over the mini top hat is totally fun!

Flight of Fear because the launch had some real gusto AND the ride was super awesome fun.

Rock 'n' Rollercoaster because the ride is so much fun and I *think* it was my first launched ride <3

IronWolfman

Roller Poster
I've only been on 1 launch coaster :"(

But V2 (SFGAm)'s launch and Aftershock's vertical drop are the only things on roller coasters that made me scream from actually being scared.

cookie

Giga Poster
1. Fluch Von Novgorod
2. Battlestar Galactica Cylon (if travelling really fast up a hill counts)
3. Revenge of the Mummy (The launches aren't that much but the ride itself is very fun)
4. Rock N' Rollercoaster
5. Battlestar Galactica Human (again, if going really fast updwards counts as a launch)

ryanmic92

Roller Poster
Maverick - Cedar Point
Sky Rocket - Kennywood
Wicked Twister. - Cedar Point
Stormrunner. - Hershey Park
Top Thrill Dragster. - Cedar Point