What's new

Top 15 Must Do American Parks?

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
That's strange. I know they don't ask for identification, so Jordan can always use mine. She can just fill out the form using her name & my address, then she pays for the pass, they take her picture & hand her the pass. Simple as...

marc

CF Legend
Have to agree with you there UC.

Last year I done California, Germany, UK parks about 150 in all. I had enough by the end of the year, its still taking me time to get back into it.

nadroJ

CF Legend
ECG said:
Six Fags Great America
Hahahaahaha, I know this is really childish but lol!

Wow, thanks for the incredibly detailed intinerary ECG, really really helpful. I know I'm in danger of getting bored, but I think with the sightseeing trips and stuff inbetween I won't get bored at all, as I'll be having little breaks inbetween some of the parks. Plus these are all completely new places to me, and I love discovery so I doubt I'll get bored too easily. Hell, I've done two solid weeks of Florida parks 5 times now and I'm still not bored of those places so I think I'm pretty safe on that front.

The annual pass thing sounds like a good idea, like ECG said I'll get hold of an American address to use where necessary and hopefully save a lot of cash that way. Do the Six Flags passes let you into every Six Flags park then? Ditto Cedar Fair. Also which parks are Cedar Fair parks, I'm a bit vague on that front?

Ben

CF Legend
The ONLY thing I would alter to Jerry's is adding a day at Dorney Park. It's what, just over an hour from Hershey, and free on the Cedar Fair pass? It seems a shame to miss the best B&M Invert ever built :p

I mean, it's not a fantastic park by any means, but, I liked it, and Talon is complete and utter WIN. Hydra's... well, I didn't like it, but some people do! And whatever-VooDoo-is-called-now is fun too!

Oh, and one other change...

ECG said:
NYC is the dump capital of the world

Corrected! :p

nadroJ

CF Legend
Yh, I think I'll definitely be doing Dorney Park now, seems unmissable to me =] And thanks for the links Snoo.

If I do the trip that ECG planned out for me I'll hit 211 coasters, that's insane! Love it =]

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Ben said:
East Coast(er) General said:
Knoebels doesn't require a whole day, so I would do Dorney Park that morning.

NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO
This was the only reason I left Dorney out. I knew Ben would make another comment about not spending the entire day at Knoebels if I repeated what I originally posted. Guess I just can't please him no matter how I try. :wink: :p
You can easily do Dorney on the way to Knoebels and skip the 3 free hours at Hersheypark that night. Go to DP in the morning & spend the rest of the day at Knoebels, then spend the night in Hershey (the town/not the park). Then you still have the next full day/night to do Hersheypark, which is more than enough time even though the park is quite big.

So I've edited my itinerary to show the change & make it easy for you to keep everything straight.

I'm glad you like what I did, which makes it worth the effort I put into planning everything out.

peely

Roller Poster
southend_marc said:
Only problem is people in the UK and Europe can not longer buy a Six Flag season pass, well I could not last year :(

We can not buy Cedar Fair ones either :(

Unless they have changed it again for this year.

Just thought id give some useful information. I came back from SFMM about a month ago, and managed to purchase a Season Pass. (Im from UK) The lady in the season pass office, told me to input 99999 into the zip code area of the computerised form and it let you continue. Thus gaining a Lovely Season Pass.. (Just wish i could afford now to go back to USA to try some more Six Flags parks)

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Cedar Point will let you get a Cedar Fair Season pass if your from the UK. They let us...

Snoo

The Legend
Calling ahead and asking can never hurt. And.. obviously.. you have time to figure this out Jordan.. :p

Ben

CF Legend
Ben said:
Knoebels doesn't require a whole day, so I would do Dorney Park that morning.

NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO
This was the only reason I left Dorney out. I knew Ben would make another comment about not spending the entire day at Knoebels if I repeated what I originally posted. Guess I just can't please him no matter how I try. :wink: :p
You can easily do Dorney on the way to Knoebels and skip the 3 free hours at Hersheypark that night. Go to DP in the morning & spend the rest of the day at Knoebels, then spend the night in Hershey (the town/not the park). Then you still have the next full day/night to do Hersheypark, which is more than enough time even though the park is quite big.

So I've edited my itinerary to show the change & make it easy for you to keep everything straight.

I'm glad you like what I did, which makes it worth the effort I put into planning everything out.

Just have a whole day at both Knoebels and Dorney! Why not? She's there for bloody long enough!

I say this mainly because Dorney and Knoebels aren't actually THAT close! I have done the drive ;)

Plus, missing Talon at night? Madness.

marc

CF Legend
peely said:
southend_marc said:
Only problem is people in the UK and Europe can not longer buy a Six Flag season pass, well I could not last year :(

We can not buy Cedar Fair ones either :(

Unless they have changed it again for this year.

Just thought id give some useful information. I came back from SFMM about a month ago, and managed to purchase a Season Pass. (Im from UK) The lady in the season pass office, told me to input 99999 into the zip code area of the computerised form and it let you continue. Thus gaining a Lovely Season Pass.. (Just wish i could afford now to go back to USA to try some more Six Flags parks)

Thats good to know, wish they had told me that but will know for next time. This will save Jordan alot of money :)

nadroJ

CF Legend
And saving money on park tickets means more money to spend on crappy merchandise! Hurray!

But yh, if I end up spending 1 month and 1 day there just so I can have a whole day at Knoebels and Dorney so be it. I'd rather enjoy my time there rather than rush about and squeeze parks together, seeing as this is only a once in a lifetime thing.

marc

CF Legend
I would also end the trip with either Disneyland or SFMM not Knotts, but thats only due to the fact I did not like Knotts and I dont think you will be that keen either tbh.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Ben said:
Just have a whole day at both Knoebels and Dorney! Why not? She's there for bloody long enough!

I say this mainly because Dorney and Knoebels aren't actually THAT close! I have done the drive ;)

Plus, missing Talon at night? Madness.
They're about 75-90 minutes apart (depending on traffic) & you do have an extra day I left open in the itinerary. Plus doing Dorney first gives you more time to get there from SFNE/Lake Compouce the day before & doing Knoebels the next day gives you that extra free 3 hours at Hersheypark that evening. Of course none of this is set in stone & you can just wait until that time to decide, depending on how you feel at the time & if you are still on schedule or not. If everything has worked out perfectly by the time you've done SFNE/Lake Compounce, then go for the full days at each, but if you're already behind schedule just do them both in one day.
And don't worry about the hotels just yet, I'll help you book them when the time comes. I'll make sure to take all these various scenarios into account when I make the bookings for you.

southend_marc said:
I would also end the trip with either Disneyland or SFMM not Knotts, but thats only due to the fact I did not like Knotts and I dont think you will be that keen either tbh.
I put Knott's last because of the excitement of arriving in LA. I think it would be better to head straight to Disney (like I did), as it would not be an immediate letdown after arriving. SFMM the next day would only build on that & taking it a bit easy on the last full day before departure is the way to go. Besides, she'll be able to go from Knott's to Santa Monica to Hollywood (with plenty of sightseeing), which is a better way to end the trip IMO. Kind of a coaster cool down before departing, if you know what I mean. :wink:
Of course if any of the days are looking like a bit of a washout (rain showers is about as bad as it gets in LA), then she can do Knott's that day and the others parks on the nicer days.

RCF

Strata Poster
To pretty much sum up what everyone's saying, Georgia to New Jersey, that's where you need to go. (Maybe stray off the map to CP) :)