What's new

Top 10(ish): 2024 Edition - page 124

Update after visits to Cedar Point, BPB, Alton Towers and Toverland. New in bold:

1 - Steel Vengeance
2 - Expedition GeForce
3 - Lech Coaster
4 - El Toro
5 - Superman the Ride
6 - Schwur des Kärnan
7 - Maverick
8 - Helix
9 - Taron
10 - Nemesis

11 - Wicked Cyclone
12 - Troy
13 - Goliath (Walibi Holland)
14 - Balder
15 - Nitro (SFGADv)
16 - Icon
17 - Star Trek: Operation Enterprise
18 - Alpina Blitz
19 - Millennium Force
20 - Fenix
Great stuff! Out of interest, how many coasters are you at now? I'm only asking because your Captain Coaster signature says you're at 177, but your profile says you're at 198!

Meanwhile, I'm only at 42... that is set to change in August, though! Exciting times!

Great stuff! Out of interest, how many coasters are you at now? I'm only asking because your Captain Coaster signature says you're at 177, but your profile says you're at 198!

Meanwhile, I'm only at 42... that is set to change in August, though! Exciting times!

I'm at 198 indeed. There are some coasters I haven't reviewed on Captain Coaster yet ;)

Hope you have a blast credding in August!

I'm at 198 indeed. There are some coasters I haven't reviewed on Captain Coaster yet ;)

Hope you have a blast credding in August!
Ah right. Are they just some random rides from Cedar Point, BPB, Alton and Toverland, then?

Thank you! I'm only headed to BPB and Alton, but BPB has 12 potential new credits for me, and I'm hoping that I can pluck up the courage to finally ride the Octonauts cred at Alton... 3 years that's been tormenting me. I just haven't quite been able to bring myself to ride Octonauts yet for fear that my self esteem would never recover... but if it has a short queue when I'm at Alton for two days in August, then who knows. I may well be able to sneak it in... maybe during ERT on the second day ;)? Then I would have the complete set at Alton!

1. Steel Vengeance- for obvious reasons. It’s trimmed incredibly hard the last few times I’ve ridden it but that second half is still amazing.
2. Voyage- absolutely love this ride from the great first drop to the relentless 2nd half.
3. Maverick
4. Millennium Force
5. Montu
6. Banshee
7. Diamondback
8. Cheetah Hunt
9. Raven
10. SheiKra

Getting to Great Adventure and Hersheypark next month so I’m finally going to get my regional bias out of my top 10. I cannot wait to have Skyrush and El Toro in my life.
1. Steel Vengeance
2. El Toro
3. Voyage
4. Maverick
5. Millie
6. Nitro
7. Montu
8. Banshee
9. Diamondback
10. Magnum (trimless)

El Toro was absolutely bonkers and it is a very close 2nd to Steel. The drop, the airtime hills, and the sexy rolling thunder hill were so much more than I expected. After 12 rides tonight, I need to ride Steel again to solidify it. Alas I ride Skyrush in the morning so we’ll see how that goes.

1. Steel Vengeance
2. El Toro
3. Voyage
4. Maverick
5. Millie
6. Nitro
7. Montu
8. Banshee
9. Diamondback
10. Magnum (trimless)

El Toro was absolutely bonkers and it is a very close 2nd to Steel. The drop, the airtime hills, and the sexy rolling thunder hill were so much more than I expected. After 12 rides tonight, I need to ride Steel again to solidify it. Alas I ride Skyrush in the morning so we’ll see how that goes.
Post East-Coaster Trip my Top 10 looks a little bit different:
1. Steel Vengeance
2. El Toro
3. Skyrush
4. Voyage
5. Maverick
6. Stormrunner
7. Millennium Force
8. Nitro
9. Montu
10. TTD (I forgot to count this in my previous installations and TTD definitely deserves a nod.)

Overall Skyrush has the most insane first drop of any coaster I’ve ever ridden but the restraints keep it from beating Toro. Stormrunner was a pleasant surprise (flying snake dive <3) that I have no qualms with putting over Millennium.

Post East-Coaster Trip my Top 10 looks a little bit different:
1. Steel Vengeance
2. El Toro
3. Skyrush
4. Voyage
5. Maverick
6. Stormrunner
7. Millennium Force
8. Nitro
9. Montu
10. TTD (I forgot to count this in my previous installations and TTD definitely deserves a nod.)

Overall Skyrush has the most insane first drop of any coaster I’ve ever ridden but the restraints keep it from beating Toro. Stormrunner was a pleasant surprise (flying snake dive <3) that I have no qualms with putting over Millennium.

Loving that Storm Runner love. That ride has fallen by the wayside for most enthusiasts. I remember a time that was in my Top 10 as well. Ahh.. those were the days. :p

Loving that Storm Runner love. That ride has fallen by the wayside for most enthusiasts. I remember a time that was in my Top 10 as well. Ahh.. those were the days. :p

Storm runner was great fun, it probably just misses my own top 10 and that is probably a restraint thing

Update from Florida:

ikiSHLg.png

Only change to this portion is Mako coming in at 19. Other notable changes are Mine Blower at 26, Rock n' Roller Coaster bumping up all the way to 29, and Slinky Dog Dash down at #70.

That should be it for new credits this year. Might pick up one or two +1s, but nothing major.

After a week in france:
1 - Skyrush
2 - Wicked Cyclone
3 - Formula Rossa
4 - Bizarro (SFNE)
5 - Colossos
6 - Sliver Star
7 - Taron
8 - Oziris
9- Schwur Des Karnan
10-- Nemesis

It's my second visit to Asterix, Loved Ozisris last time, and decided to put it over Nemesis now because
A - Perfect intensity
B - Really beautiful elements, something fab about the way the inversions are executed.
C- Lovely setting
D - nice little pops of airtime

It has a few lttle jolts here and there, but they don't detract from the ride

Roar o saurus is just edged out, wood express is on a similar level, so also just misses out - and I seriously considered finding a space for pegase express.

Last edited:
After my Sweden trip:

1. Steel Vengeance
2. Intimidator 305
3. Taron
4. Twisted Timbers
5. Skyrush
6. Helix
7. Schwur des Kärnan
8. Wildfire
9. Storm Chaser
10. Expedition GeForce

Wicked Cyclone was finally knocked out of my top 10 and honestly with the way it's been running this year, good riddance.

Last edited:
After my Sweden trip:

1. Steel Vengeance
2. Intimidator 30
3. Taron
4. Twisted Timbers
5. Skyrush
6. Helix
7. Schwur des Kärnan
8. Wildfire
9. Storm Chaser
10. Expedition GeForce

Wicked Cyclone was finally knocked out of my top 10 and honestly with the way it's been running this year, good riddance.

Yeah, being #11.. that bastard. :D

When I was there in early July the ride was running so slow that all the strong ejector had become basically flojector. I've ridden this ride since opening and that was the first ever time I've never gotten airtime into the brake run. They changed the wheels and it's very slow now. Hopefully they change them back because if it continues to run like this the ride will just keep dropping and dropping.

image.png

When I was there in early July the ride was running so slow that all the strong ejector had become basically flojector. I've ridden this ride since opening and that was the first ever time I've never gotten airtime into the brake run. They changed the wheels and it's very slow now. Hopefully they change them back because if it continues to run like this the ride will just keep dropping and dropping.

image.png
Ah right. Thanks @Pear! Although as a lover of floater airtime, I don't personally think flojector sounds too bad! Suppose it depends on your taste in airtime!

It isn't too bad but compared to what the ride can do at its full potential it's quite disappointing really.

After making the biggest trip of my life, (as well as a stop at SFGE), my list has a lot of changes! I visited Tusenfryd, Liseberg (3 days), Kolmården, and Gröna Lund. Coasters that I have been on since last update have a few sentences written up about them.
1) Helix - Ever since it’s announcement in 2013 I’ve been dying to get out and ride it! I got my fair share, with 40 rides in 3 days, and it did not disappoint! Really it has anything you could want from a coaster. There’s fantastic airtime (hill after the top hat is insanity), strong positive Gs, good laterals, floaty inversions, whippy inversions, great terrain interaction, near-flawless pacing, decent launches, great theming, an awesome atmosphere, and a really long ride that gets better the whole way! It was much more intense than expected, yet is probably the most rerideable coaster I’ve been on (22 rides in a row on Friday). Also the airtime hill, zero g roll, twist and dive, helix sequence has got to be my favorite on any ride. Beautifully done Liseberg!!
2) Boulder Dash
3) Maverick
4) Skyrush
5) Wildfire - After my first ride I was really let down. Everything after the outward banked top hat was sluggish and boring. It definitely warmed up though! The first drop is one of the best out there (plus that view <3). The stall has great whip on the entrance and really drawn out hangtime. Then the top hat is just nuts. The following twisty hill is also really strong. The rest of the ride, besides the final barrel roll (which is incredible), doesn’t live up to the opening, but is still great. My issue is that there are a few dead spots and the pacing is somewhat sloppy. Still love it, but didn’t meet expectations.
6) Superman The Ride
7) Wicked Cyclone
8) El Toro
9) Boardwalk Bullet
10) Time Traveler
11) Outlaw Run
12) Thundercoaster - Let’s talk about this coaster more!! This is probably the most underrated ride I’ve been on! Easily the best at Tusenfryd. It is quite rough, but it’s a relentless ride that is paced very well, has great laterals, and is an airtime machine! Also, enhanced by the location, and the second drop is wild.
12) Balder - This ride starts off so good! Fantastic drop and then great ejector air the whole way around. The issue is that it’s so monotonous. I liked it less every ride because after the second turnaround I’d already seen all it had to offer. PS really wish El Toro had the same seats as this!
14) Storm Runner
15) Phoenix
16) Powder Keg
17) Nitro
18) Millie
19) TTD
20) Speed Monster - My 3rd favorite of my 4 ridden accelerators. It feels a bit safe in a way, but still a very fun ride! The launch is pretty strong and the Norwegian Roll is incredible! The twisty airtime hills had some cool forces as well. I think there’s some missed potentially with its great location though.
21) Comet SFGE - What a great ride, especially for its age! This 1948 classic was very smooth and had many moments of pretty good airtime. It’s not filled with ejector (one true ejector moment) but there’s a lot of floater and flojector. And the last turn has CRUSHING laterals, so much so it feels like the train is about to detach from the rails.
22) Kingda Ka
23) Gatekeeper
24) Valkyria - What a great addition to the best park on Earth! I rode it during the soft opening on Thursday and at the ribbon cutting event on Friday. The vests aren’t as restrictive as older ones so there’s still airtime on the drop and airtime hill. The layout is much more purposeful and intense than most B&Ms, with the last two inversions being especially good. Much, much better than Valravn for me (my other dive machine).
25) Fahrenheit
26) Phobia
27) Wildfire SDC
28) Twister GL - First let me say how much I love Grona Lund! Really beautiful park with a great atmosphere. Twister is extremely compact and small but it delivers! There are many moments of ejector airtime and the close proximity to supports and coaster track makes it feel even more extreme. Very aggressive ride for its size!
29) Magnum
30) Valravn