What's new

Tip for motion sickness?

MiniGolfer

Roller Poster
My bestfriend has motion sickness and the only time she agreed to go with us for a trip to a theme park, she was simply waiting for us at the exit of each ride since she's afraid she'd get so dizzy and she'd puke for hours and hours. So, here's the question, any tips to help with her problem?? She said she tried taking a motion sickness medicine once but it didn't really help that much.

Try and sit in the front row of coasters, or where she can see where she's going, that'll help.

Don't bother with spin and spews though.

Sounds like her problem is psychological after a bad experience. Get her to start on some kiddie creds or family coasters as im sure its near enough impossible to get motion sickness on those. Then work her way up to rides that she still feels comfortable on as this will allow her to find her personal tolerance and raise her confidence. Avoid most flats as Neal said but she's got to be willing to overcome her psychological fear of motion sickness as thats likely her predominant problem rather than the actual motion sickness experienced on rides.

nealbie said:
Try and sit in the front row of coasters, or where she can see where she's going, that'll help.

Don't bother with spin and spews though.

I actually told her once to try the coasters with less spins and then try to sit in front, her response she was scared she might puke and it would rain on the other behind. I kinda agreed with her.