What's new

Thorpe Park - Questions

Tony

Hyper Poster
Well I'll be in London on July 18th which is a Sunday and I'm thinking of going to Thorpe. I know the park will probably be extremely packed but if I do go I'll definitely be buying the Ultimate Fastrack. I've been to Thorpe before but Stealth, Rush and Vortex were all down and Saw wasn't built then.

Just wondering does Saw have fastrack? And does anyone know if fastrack can be bought on the day or does it have to be pre-booked? Also do queues for ticket collection tend to be long? And how much do lockers cost?

Any advice would be great, thanks.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Saw does indeed have fast track. It is next to the main queue line. I think some fast track has to be bought on the day, I'm not too sure on that one. I'm fairly sure you can buy them online...

Ticket collection queues can be lengthy, but much shorter than the main queue. Allow for up to 20-25 mins for that queue max, though should be shorter. I think lockers are £2 for the day.

:)

andrus

Giga Poster
As Ciall already stated SAW does have fastrack. And you WILL need fastrack! The park was really full when I went last summer in the middle of the week so I can't imagine how jam packed it'll be in the weekends! And the queues can get really hefty..

I ordered my tickets/fastrack online but still had to pick up wristbands at the park. Queues weren't too long though. Other than that I can't help you much, just keeping my fingers crossed that all attractions will be open this time! When I went all rides worked just fine (except e minor closure of Inferno) :)

A-Kid

Giga Poster
The park will be rammed, but I wouldn't say you need fastrack, you'd just need to plan the day out. Saw has fastrack but tbh you could just queue for it as the park closes, to avoid queuing for it in the day. Get there about 20 mins from the end as they are fairly sharp on getting the gate shut on my recent visits.

As far as Thorpe goes, reliability has been great this year compared with other years. Touch wood it stays like it.

Get Inferno, Stealth, Samurai, Loggers and Det out the way in the morning as quickly as possible, with Slammer somewhere inbetween. And if its hot, Tidal Wave. TW will get busy in the afternoon for obvious reasons. Save Fish, Quantum, Rumba, Food for the mid-day busyness. Colossus' queue seems to drop in the last few hours normally.

Thats all I can suggest. But if you are getting Ultimate fastrack you can ignore all that I suppose. Then again the fastrack queues can get pretty long so it may be usefull.

Oh if Colossus is still testing at mid-day and suddenly has engineers on the front row, give it 10 mins and you may be lucky ;)

andrus

Giga Poster
^When I visited most of the attractions you mentioned had 1h+ queues, meaning that with your tactics you could only go on each rides ones. With fastrack I managed to go on all of the attractions several times, including 7 times "pole position" on Stealth! :--D

Pierre

Strata Poster
I went on a Saturday in August last year and the queues were fine... about 45-50mins for SAW, Stealth was about 30mins, N:I was about 40mins....

In my honest opinion they were all acceptable queue times as the only time I'd visited the park beforehand was fright nights for GF.

Colossus

Giga Poster
if you get there early enough to be near the front of the queue infront of the turnstiles and avoid the random searches you can get on colossus about 5 times before a real queue develops and what you can also do is look over at the saw ride from the top of the Colossus lift hill to see if its running (because they have a tendancy to test if a few times first) once you see its open its not far to get over there where you shouldnt encounter much of a queue, as was said above its all about planning your route for the day, do that and you should be fine, last time i went i done SAW and Colossus 5 times each, stealth 4, nemy inf 3 amonst all flat rides stopping to eat ect all with no fastracks. SAW queue line normally takes roughly an hour to an hour and a half. hope this helps and enjoy your day.

Tony

Hyper Poster
Thanks everyone for your help! I actually have a late flight to catch from Luton that night so I wont be staying until park closing so I will be buying Fastrack. I've just noticed on the website it says:

Fastrack is available on the following rides: Stealth, Samurai, Vortex, Rush, Colossus, Nemesis Inferno, X:\No Way Out, Loggers Leap, Tidal Wave.

But they have a picture of Saw beside the The Ultimate Fastrack information and others above have said it does have fastrack. Does anyone know if the Ultimate Fastrack works on Saw?

Inverse

Hyper Poster
Just to add:

Fasttrack sales on the day are limited and sell out in the morning, I advise you to book in advance, just in case.

andrus

Giga Poster
Tony said:
Fastrack is available on the following rides: Stealth, Samurai, Vortex, Rush, Colossus, Nemesis Inferno, X:\No Way Out, Loggers Leap, Tidal Wave.

But they have a picture of Saw beside the The Ultimate Fastrack information and others above have said it does have fastrack. Does anyone know if the Ultimate Fastrack works on Saw?
At least they had fastrack on SAW last year, don't know if they've removed it though..