What's new

Thorpe Park :o

peep

CF Legend
^Yesterday they let me and Jason in with our Annual Passes long after telling people they can't purchase tickets at the gate.

nadroJ

CF Legend
This is ridiculous, how can they turn people away at the gate? Most people I know don't book online and therefore wouldn't check beforehand whether the park were actually letting people into the park, it's just insane. Obviously it's because of capacity reasons but surely there's another way? So many people must come away disappointed.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Well if they did let the people in, Thorpe would be facing a hefty fine right now. The police were there as well for crowd control and they know about the capacity too. Luckily Chessington is round the corner so they can send them there.

marc

CF Legend
Screaming Coasters said:
Well if they did let the people in, Thorpe would be facing a hefty fine right now. The police were there as well for crowd control and they know about the capacity too. Luckily Chessington is round the corner so they can send them there.

Sorry I did not know you could go to Chessington and ride Saw, Stealth etc. If they said to me go to Chessington I would tell them to **** off.

The parks are so different, and I would not actually make a special trip to go there.

Cernuschi

Roller Poster
Easter is a mad time to go, worst than the summer in my opinion as it is over a shorter period of time. I would never queue over 3 hours for SAW or any ride.

I agree with marc, I would be ****ed of if they send you to Chessington, but they do have a limit they must stick to.

Ollie

CF Legend
Over 4 hour queue for Saw. It's ****ing mental.
I guess it shows how powerful all the media can be. Theme a ride to a famous horror theme, plague the TV with adverts and get in all the papers and you fill the park to max capacity in minutes.

I bet Thorpe have made loads of money so far and it will be interesting to see how much the gate numbers have gone up due to the new ride and everyone wanting to go on it.