What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brookes

Giga Poster
Grr Stoke are playing at home Saturday, don't know what to do now. All the adverts look good though, and the new logos are cool, although I hope they do change the name of Rita.

costar

Mega Poster
Martyn B said:
I personally hope there's more to the Crypt than whats in that video.

I'd hate to see everyone so disappointed.. so i'm telling you now, it doesn't do what that video does. That mechanism has no lateral stability, there is no visible way the track is aligned, it's just all wrong.

Don't hype the building too much, just go and enjoy the show.

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
^^ What, 2 powerful pistons holding up the track isn't strong enough for you? Seems ok to me...

So does this racing day and football day mean busier transport but less busy park?

marc

CF Legend
I am glad I am not the only one who think that video is wrong, to me its a fake just someone using their imagination.

Anything with official on it but has not come from the company says to me fake.

We shall find out soon anyway.

Ollie

CF Legend
I'm friends with the person who made the animation and I can confirm that he does have contacts with people who worked on the ride.
As soon as he says I'm allowed I'll let you all know more info.

Still, the ride won't be that impressive as the park have hyped it up quite a bit. They're marketing it as some huge mental thrill ride when it's not much more than the Runaway Mine Train the other end of the park except with different themeing.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Ingested Banjo said:
So does this racing day and football day mean busier transport but less busy park?

The footie will only affect transport seriously between 5 and 6 (and cos it's at Stoke, it won't affect the carriages that go between Uttoxeter and Stoke), although the trains back to London might be busy since it's Spurs... But if you've booked tickets in advance you'll be fine...

Racing day is known across all the parks (Chessie has Epsom for example, Towers has Uttoxeter (though have no idea how busy that gets)) as pikey day... And is usually the first busy day of the season, coupled with Thirteen, it'll be even busier... Yay...

bob_3_

Giga Poster
I am glad I am not the only one who think that video is wrong, to me its a fake just someone using their imagination.

Let's be honest here...what ELSE is it gonna do, the ride has lap bars and theres no room for lateral movement within the structure.

marc

CF Legend
bob_3_ said:

Let's be honest here...what ELSE is it gonna do, the ride has lap bars and theres no room for lateral movement within the structure.

I am not saying it will do anything else, I just do not think it will do whats in the video. I think it will just drop down and not do the tilt thing.

coasterboy

Mega Poster
I have a few ideas about what may be in the crypt bit-

Basically, it involves the track on 4 piston support things. The track is split in 2 at the middle. The train goes in and stops. [insert show thing] Then a animatronic tree branch [big] rises up and 'smashes' into the track, causing it to split in two. Then it drops and tilts.

But that's just my idea, probably nothing like what's going to happen in there...

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I just think it will be some sort of simulator.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpdKQlT2o3o[/youtube]

Similar to that. Just do all the funky movements with a rollercoaster train on a clamped bit of track, with a screen and with some physical themeing and you could have something awesome. Would be cool to merge fake reality with the real thing.

Ollie

CF Legend
I'm sure it'll be on Youtube. Like **** am I getting up at 6am when I can have a lie-in till 9am tomorrow. :)

nealbie

CF Legend
A-Kid said:
I just think it will be some sort of simulator.

Just do all the funky movements with a rollercoaster train on a clamped bit of track, with a screen and with some physical themeing and you could have something awesome. Would be cool to merge fake reality with the real thing.

I want this to happen :p

Status
Not open for further replies.