What's new

Thirteen, Intamin ''psychoaster'' - Alton Towers 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

Strata Poster
^ Indeed Ollie.

Basically, what I am saying is that with Saw, for all intensive purposes it WAS ready to open (since it had been running fine). It's all very well saying, "oh at least Alton are admitting it wont be ready unlike Thorpe did with Saw", but that isn't strictly the case, as I have pointed out. The two situations are very different.

It's a bugger for Alton because they are having major problems now, right ahead of mass media events etc. But at least they can postpone them until they are sure it is ready.

With Saw, TP didn't have a problem with the ride right up until the actual media night when they put people on it. Rightly so, they got massive negative press for it too...

At the very least, Alton can overt any negative press in the short term while they get everything finished off and get the machine working how they want it to.

Gazza

Giga Poster
I hope this ride is **** , and it never meets any positive expectations.
Why? Isn't better to have one more good ride available?
Dunno why anyone would want a **** ride in their park :?

Inverse

Hyper Poster
^ because he would obviously rather everyone else is unhappy whilst he is smug than everyone just enjoying a ride.

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
This is frustrating news!

I got my itinerary letter for the weekend a couple of days ago, and as expected when booking, most of the events planned for the weekend were presentations/talks, with the behind the scenes on the saturday afternoon. It then goes on to say there may be a chance to ride if it's ready. So it seems strange for them to be cancelling the whole weekend because it's 'not ready yet'.

At least as compensation I get a free fastrack ticket for the ride :roll:

.. They are of course also giving full refunds, and inviting people who had booked to a night with John Wardley which will include a behind the scenes on thirteen.

EDIT: hadn't seen the discussion about this in the trip planning forum before posting this!

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Unlike the idiots who actually commented on that advert I quite liked it...

Why?

Because it has Hall of the Mountain King remix... <3

They never called it an advert anyway, a 'blipvert' so wasn't expecting much... All it does it make it all mysterious and what-not, which is the aim of the whole thing to get people interested...

Probs see fuller adverts next week if they're gonna put them out...

bob_3_

Giga Poster
That teaser is actually AMAZING

Reminds me of some of the hex stuff, beinging back the hall of the mountain king, AW it's just fit. Pretty creepy too.

Snoo

The Legend
Agreed. Quality advert right there. I do wish it was a bit longer tho.. get more of a creepy feel to it.

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
I like it a lot! Makes me think of Silent Hill.

SilentHillTeaserPoster.jpg

It surprised me it was like that, straying away from the wraiths and stuff, but it looks as though the story could actually be quite intense if they get it right.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
I've seen 2 different versions. One with the girl, one with a load of bushes where the number comes out. They both were played in the same advert slot.

The next one should be at 9.10pm on E4. In Glee. Oh god....does that mean I have to watch glee...shoot me now :)

Ollie

CF Legend
Haha Glee and Alton Towers. <3
And how have you heard the exact times? I know it'll be played in prime time advert slots but saying it's 9:10pm is a pretty accurate time. :p

marc

CF Legend
Well its a good plan by them tbh they will get there target audience to a degree.

They used to do the same with big adverts, you would be given a time. I remember the Madonna Pepsi advert we were given a time and date, just as well as it was only ever shown the once lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.